How do you think Babyshambles 2nd album will turn out?

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby chrissmith999 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:11 pm

masterpiece
"don't forget you can get off the conveyor!"
chrissmith999
Three figure posting!

Postby The french way » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:59 pm

surrey_casual wrote:The Baby Shambles album now has a name and a track listing - Shotter's Nation (title taken from the second line of the lyrics of Delivery) will be released on the Parlophone label on 1st October. Keep a listen out for Delivery (the first single from the album), as it's popping up on the radio here and there. The track listing for Shotter's Nation is as follows:

1. Carry on up the Morning
2. Delivery
3. You Talk
4. Unbilotitled
5. Side of the Road
6. Crumb Begging
7. Unstookietitled
8. French Dog Blues
9. There She Goes
10. Baddies' Boogie
11. Deft Left Hand
12. The Lost Art of Murder

the new single sounds good.

haven' t heard the new single yet, but if Crumb Begging and Unstookiestitled are on the album, it' s at least two really good tracks on the album. :roll:

mick jones is still involved?
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby surrey_casual » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:04 pm

The french way wrote:
surrey_casual wrote:The Baby Shambles album now has a name and a track listing - Shotter's Nation (title taken from the second line of the lyrics of Delivery) will be released on the Parlophone label on 1st October. Keep a listen out for Delivery (the first single from the album), as it's popping up on the radio here and there. The track listing for Shotter's Nation is as follows:

1. Carry on up the Morning
2. Delivery
3. You Talk
4. Unbilotitled
5. Side of the Road
6. Crumb Begging
7. Unstookietitled
8. French Dog Blues
9. There She Goes
10. Baddies' Boogie
11. Deft Left Hand
12. The Lost Art of Murder

the new single sounds good.

haven' t heard the new single yet, but if Crumb Begging and Unstookiestitled are on the album, it' s at least two really good tracks on the album. :roll:

mick jones is still involved?

not sure, i believe its someone else now.
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby Lizzi » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:08 pm

Lizzi

Postby Stoki » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:59 am

masterpiece

Delivery is a good track
We are so young we don't understand if we cannot fly...
Stoki
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby The french way » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:37 pm

reminds me that I read that Pete was with Amy Winehouse the night she had an overdose of cocaine and heroin :milton:

if it' s true, i don' t know if that guy is unlucky or totally siucidal! :roll:
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby Kittyvan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:27 pm

The french way wrote:
if it' s true, i don' t know if that guy is unlucky or totally siucidal! :roll:

I think he´s both XD

Hope it will be a good album =) but i liked the libertines more than the babyshambles..... Pete is a great musician.....
Kittyvan
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Postby Ritz-To-The-Riot » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:56 pm

I dunno really, ATM I think:

1st album : some really good tunes and quite bad tunes

2nd album : somewhere inbetween, nor particulary any REALLY good tunes like fuck forever killamangiro etc. (IMO), but there isn't really any bad ones (as bad as some of the ones on the first album)

So I can't really make up my mind

Fave ones from Shotters Nation are Carry On Up The Morning and Baddies Boogie for now
Ritz-To-The-Riot
Put your dukes up!

Postby The french way » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:45 pm

Gotta buy it, sounds better than Down in Albion, I've had acoustic previews of the songs and they were great... I like French dog blues
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby arctic ana » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:46 am

turned out to be better than i expected so i'll buy it.IMO it's better than the first one if you look at it altogether but i agree that some songs on the first one are far better than the ones on this album.
and about Delivery:it's ok...nothing spectacular but it's a decent track. 8)
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby The french way » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:32 pm

they' re in france for a few days, I love the new songs, Pete looks sober :milton:

I' m definitely going to see Babyshambles in Lille in January. :roll:
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby irishscummyman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:17 pm

Its great. Better technically than Down in Albion.
irishscummyman

Postby Space Invader » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:49 pm

Shotter's Nation is much better produced, and sounds much better because of Street's job on it... and although all the songs are of a good standard there are no proper anthems on in like there were on DIA (Fuck Forever, Pipedown, Albion)

but there are indeed some really nice songs on SN - I like them all.

They all sound similar to some degree (apart from Side Of The Road) and also are very derivitive of Kinks songs, etc... Not wholey original but if Peter keeps this high standard of songwriting up, hopefully Album 3 or his solo album will be superb

Carry On Up The Morning - was my favourite song from Bumfest and is lyrically one of my favourite Doherty songs. The opening guitar is a brilliant shambolic start to the album.

Delivery - seems to be almost a direct Kinks rip-off riff but I think it is brilliant nonetheless. Memorable crunching guitar makes it.

You Talk - unexpected use of cow bell, but nice anyway. Probably my least favourite on the record but it isn't terrible, as some of the Down In Albion tracks were.

Unbilotitled - been around for a while, and I don't think this album treatment is the best version I've heard of it. They could have made this an epic, but it seems a little reserved.

Side Of The Road - almost a throwback to the amazing Libertine punk ditties of old. Brilliant song, so fun, and one of my favourite Babyshambles tracks. 10/10 from me on this one.

Crumb Begging - another of my favourites, chorus is amazing and fun, lovely lyrical touches ("I'm a crumb begging baghead baby/bet you say that to all of the girls") and nice jazzy end. Real good.

Unstookietitled - starts off really well, memorable start, first line is brilliant ("You smoke your cigarettes down the bone") but by the end it seems a bit boring

French Dog Blues - lyrically, musically brilliant. Another of my favourites - the climax is terrific (even though it was borrowed/stolen from Ian Brown). Catchy as fuck. Don't like the "J'aime bleu" bits or whatever he's saying.

There She Goes - sounds a bit like Sticks and Stones to begin with, nice hook, quite forgettable, although it has some really really top lyrics. Wasted song I rekon. ("since I saw your plimsoles/twisting and turning to Northern Soul")

Baddies Boogie - lyrically brilliant a thankful departure from Doherty's typical lyrical content. Musically nice, upbeat despite the content and the change of mood mid-song for the chorus is amazing. Top song.

Deft Left Hand - epic chorus, really catchy, if this is released as a single I rekon it could win them some acclaim away from the "Junkie Rocker" stereotype they have.

Lost Art Of Murder - sick from listening too much. That could be a good thing, it IS a lovely song but the lyrics seem a bit clichéd. Jansch's guitar suits the song perfectly though. Seems a good finisher for the album.

All in all, a good effort. If Down In Albion was produced this well, it would probably be laudered as a brilliant album by all... This album is in need of a Fuck Forever/Albion/Killamangiro.

Dirty Pretty Things will need to do much better than Wasterloo to outdo Babyshambles here.

(although DPT's latest songs sounds really good, 9 Lives especially!)
Space Invader

Postby arctic ana » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:18 pm

^^ :shock: :shock: how long did you write all that?!

anyway,i agree on most of your opinions,but also think that some of the songs are not that brilliant. 8)
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby surrey_casual » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:23 pm

french dog blues is a great tune
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

PreviousNext

Return to Other bands...