The Rascals

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Pix » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:59 pm

Stop saying "Typical ____" in your description of me, Chrissmith, it makes you sound stupid. You've firstly said "typical monkeys fan, love anything to do with monkeys" when I said I liked The Rascals, then "typical nme hype person". I'm not gonna go into how there is no such thing as an "nme hype person", but I will say that The Rascals are a good band. They are. Saying something is bad because it's 'insanely generic' is a pointless thing to say because you're not criticising the music, the vision, the image, the style... you're simply criticising it's place within a genre and it's relation to what has gone before it. And no, I don't like The Rascals because of their associations with Alex Turner. Don't make that assumption.
(By the way, new song up on their Myspace, Suspicious Wit. Crackin tune.)
~Pix~
Pix
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:35 pm

Postby chrissmith999 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:01 am

suspicious wit is sucha middle of the road tune. and if miles and alex hadnt of worked together you wouldnt have liked the rascals. what exactly is so good about their style, their music or anything about them? theyre just too boring.....
"don't forget you can get off the conveyor!"
User avatar
chrissmith999
Three figure posting!
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:20 pm

Postby CF8 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:20 pm

CF8
My first post!
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:16 pm

Postby kaytee... » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:03 pm

having seen the rascals live, i don't think they sound anything like the arctic monkeys. i don't like them cos they're associated with the rascals. i've followed them since the little flames :D
i can't wait for alex and miles' album though
"I'll be yours until two and two is three, Yours, until the mountains crumble to the sea In other words, until eternity"
User avatar
kaytee...
Lurker
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:27 pm

Postby surrey_casual » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:14 pm

kaytee... wrote:having seen the rascals live, i don't think they sound anything like the arctic monkeys. i don't like them cos they're associated with the rascals. i've followed them since the little flames :D
i can't wait for alex and miles' album though


and how did you come across the little flames? personally i came across them thru a nme freebie.
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!
 
Posts: 3338
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:52 pm
Location: THE BIG LDN. BLAP BLAP

Postby kaytee... » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:55 pm

surrey_casual wrote:
kaytee... wrote:having seen the rascals live, i don't think they sound anything like the arctic monkeys. i don't like them cos they're associated with the rascals. i've followed them since the little flames :D
i can't wait for alex and miles' album though


and how did you come across the little flames? personally i came across them thru a nme freebie.


i added them on myspace a while ago. was going to see them at knowsley music festival before they ended splitting up
"I'll be yours until two and two is three, Yours, until the mountains crumble to the sea In other words, until eternity"
User avatar
kaytee...
Lurker
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:27 pm

Postby 7ismyluckynumber » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:25 pm

chrissmith999 wrote:suspicious wit is sucha middle of the road tune. and if miles and alex hadnt of worked together you wouldnt have liked the rascals. what exactly is so good about their style, their music or anything about them? theyre just too boring.....

i wouldn't say they're boring. the guitar is somewhere between decent and good, but the lyrics aren't all that interesting.
i have to admit i did find out about the rascals through arctic monkeys/last shadow puppets, but that's not why i listen to them. i do still like their music. it's not fantastic or anything, but at least worth hearing.
Have I done something to trigger the funny looks and the sniggers?
User avatar
7ismyluckynumber
Three figure posting!
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby josefettwalker » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:20 am

7ismyluckynumber wrote:
chrissmith999 wrote:suspicious wit is sucha middle of the road tune. and if miles and alex hadnt of worked together you wouldnt have liked the rascals. what exactly is so good about their style, their music or anything about them? theyre just too boring.....

i wouldn't say they're boring. the guitar is somewhere between decent and good, but the lyrics aren't all that interesting.
i have to admit i did find out about the rascals through arctic monkeys/last shadow puppets, but that's not why i listen to them. i do still like their music. it's not fantastic or anything, but at least worth hearing.


i agree, they're worth hearing, i really like out of dreams, but not sure about the new single freakbeat phantom, the album is good though
All you people are vampires
User avatar
josefettwalker
Riot Van
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:41 am
Location: Mexico City

Postby 7ismyluckynumber » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:32 am

the album and the new single aren't on the US itunes store! NO! :-x
Have I done something to trigger the funny looks and the sniggers?
User avatar
7ismyluckynumber
Three figure posting!
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby 7ismyluckynumber » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:47 am

7ismyluckynumber wrote:the album and the new single aren't on the US itunes store! NO! :-x

...nevermind...
found it. the album was just listed under another band (also called the rascals).
:roll:
Have I done something to trigger the funny looks and the sniggers?
User avatar
7ismyluckynumber
Three figure posting!
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Previous

Return to Other bands...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron