Libertines

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Space Invader » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:57 pm

well im not sure if it is real - its jst going around

if you really want to contact him sending a letter to:

Pete Doherty
The Priory Hospital North London
The Bourne
Southgate
London
N14 6RA
Space Invader

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:03 pm

Space Invader wrote:well im not sure if it is real - its jst going around

if you really want to contact him sending a letter to:

Pete Doherty
The Priory Hospital North London
The Bourne
Southgate
London
N14 6RA

By the time I send it and it gets there he'll most likely be out, married and having a babe with Kate or something. :roll: I'll stick with email.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby surrey_casual » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:10 am

if your still alive when your 25, shall i kill you, like you told me to, i dont wnat to..............

:D :cry:
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby The french way » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:36 pm

people? I HAVE BOUND TOGETHER!

omg i' m so happy. I went to Paris yesterday and I went to this incredible all-english store, WH Smith. I walked in looking for the music section and when i found it, right under my eyes, BOUND TOGETHER! woaaaa I bought it. Couldn' t resist. Guys, if you like the Libs, buy it. It' s worth it. Great pictures (some made me cry :D ) and it says it all about Pete and Carl.

And I also bought Vogue with Kate Moss on cover there (i guess it' s the post - libertines shock!). She' s fucking everywhere in Vogue!
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby karinaa.. » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:58 pm

The french way wrote: if you like the Libs, buy it. It' s worth it.

I'm going to buy it,as soon as i'll be in Scotland. :D
karinaa..
Despair in the forum lounge

Postby surrey_casual » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:44 pm

The french way wrote:people? I HAVE BOUND TOGETHER!

omg i' m so happy. I went to Paris yesterday and I went to this incredible all-english store, WH Smith. I walked in looking for the music section and when i found it, right under my eyes, BOUND TOGETHER! woaaaa I bought it. Couldn' t resist. Guys, if you like the Libs, buy it. It' s worth it. Great pictures (some made me cry :D ) and it says it all about Pete and Carl.

And I also bought Vogue with Kate Moss on cover there (i guess it' s the post - libertines shock!). She' s fucking everywhere in Vogue!

the book is a very good read. just goes to show how much they did for fans, and dont get enough credit for it.

shame.

the reconciliation chapter is the best with reunion gig.

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby irishscummyman » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:34 am

some vintage humour returning?

What’s your favourite bus route?
The number 38. It goes from Piccadilly through to Essex Road and beyond.

Where’s the most interesting place you’ve had sex?
irishscummyman

Postby The french way » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:43 am

irishscummyman wrote:some vintage humour returning?

What’s your favourite bus route?

Where’s the most interesting place you’ve had sex?

What the hell is that?
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby irishscummyman » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:55 pm

Its from an article Peter did recently with some Magazine, Time Out London I think
irishscummyman

Postby The french way » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:52 pm

pfff I just got angry on a site because people were insulting pete and saying that he didnt care about the fans and stuff. I wrote a 50 line post, arguing about that. Why arent people tolerant? I mean, they forgive tons of people who took frugs in their lives, but not Pete Doherty, that really angers me.
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:14 pm

The french way wrote:pfff I just got angry on a site because people were insulting pete and saying that he didnt care about the fans and stuff. I wrote a 50 line post, arguing about that. Why arent people tolerant? I mean, they forgive tons of people who took frugs in their lives, but not Pete Doherty, that really angers me.

I know some people are fucking glorified for their drug use, and labeled as legends and what not, but for some reason Pete's just labeled as a junkie. People are so critical about him, just leave him the fuck alone.

Honestly, most of the people who say the bad things don't even know who he is really, they don't know his music, so try not to let it get to you. You can't make people listen to what they don't want to hear.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby The french way » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:39 pm

AlisonFasheeta wrote:
The french way wrote:pfff I just got angry on a site because people were insulting pete and saying that he didnt care about the fans and stuff. I wrote a 50 line post, arguing about that. Why arent people tolerant? I mean, they forgive tons of people who took frugs in their lives, but not Pete Doherty, that really angers me.

I know some people are fucking glorified for their drug use, and labeled as legends and what not, but for some reason Pete's just labeled as a junkie. People are so critical about him, just leave him the fuck alone.

Honestly, most of the people who say the bad things don't even know who he is really, they don't know his music, so try not to let it get to you. You can't make people listen to what they don't want to hear.

That' s exactly what I said. And it was on a forum where I' m a long-time poster, so people know me, and some asked for songs. And they -oh! what a surprise!- liked it. Some even said that they judged him too fast. I made quite a good post when I got angry, apparently!

But some still think he' s a goddamn bastard, these guys are the bastards. Period. Actually, they were about to say "who do you think you are" and stuff, but they got it against them. Fuck 'em.
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby Clocks91 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:25 pm

i know exactly what you mean...
my mom refuses to listen to any of his material because he's a 'junkie', but like you said, how many rock-bands in the 70's were 100% clean?, just because he takes drugs doesnt mean he's a TWAT, it annoys me how people who have never listened to any libertines/babyshamvles work, he's an awesome songwriter and makes alot of sense and explains alot of his regret throught songs, and people like my mom and brother really piss me off with the 'he's a smacked up junkie, and he's shit!' comments from them when they don't know what the fuck they're on about, the government should make it compulsory for everybody in this country to listen to up the bracket, and shoot anybody who does not come out loving it...

p.s. sorry for the language, just got a bit heat up...:P
Clocks91
My first post!

Postby surrey_casual » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:03 pm

Clocks91 wrote:i know exactly what you mean...
my mom refuses to listen to any of his material because he's a 'junkie', but like you said, how many rock-bands in the 70's were 100% clean?, just because he takes drugs doesnt mean he's a TWAT, it annoys me how people who have never listened to any libertines/babyshamvles work, he's an awesome songwriter and makes alot of sense and explains alot of his regret throught songs, and people like my mom and brother really piss me off with the 'he's a smacked up junkie, and he's shit!' comments from them when they don't know what the fuck they're on about, the government should make it compulsory for everybody in this country to listen to up the bracket, and shoot anybody who does not come out loving it...

p.s. sorry for the language, just got a bit heat up...:P

we all get like that!

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby Lizzi » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:37 pm

Had nothing to do so surfed the web and ended up on TOTP site...
Found this that made me giggle as it's just so stupid:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp/news/news/2006/09/11/36296.shtml
Just how dump is that reporter?? Can't do anything but moan and say stupid shit... :roll:
Lizzi

PreviousNext

Return to Other bands...