The Beatles

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby The french way » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:29 pm

xlovemachine wrote:A Hard Day's Night is a great song, but its my FAVOURITE movie EVER. It's so cute I love it. I'm only 14 and I love the Beatles to no end. I have 2 shirts :D one's even too small but i cant stop wearing it. My parents were the ones who introduced me to the Beatles and other great classic rock bands, and just like many of you said, I wish I was young back in the 60's and 70's when there was some amazing music. And then maybe I would get the chance to see a show by the Beatles. I guess for now I'll have to settle with Paul or Ringo, or the tribute bands out there...


loooooooooool the beginning where Paul or George (rather George) runs and falls... i can' t get fed up with it :milton: :milton:
User avatar
The french way
Brucey Wayne
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:10 pm

Postby Lizzi » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:36 pm

The french way wrote:
xlovemachine wrote:A Hard Day's Night is a great song, but its my FAVOURITE movie EVER. It's so cute I love it. I'm only 14 and I love the Beatles to no end. I have 2 shirts :D one's even too small but i cant stop wearing it. My parents were the ones who introduced me to the Beatles and other great classic rock bands, and just like many of you said, I wish I was young back in the 60's and 70's when there was some amazing music. And then maybe I would get the chance to see a show by the Beatles. I guess for now I'll have to settle with Paul or Ringo, or the tribute bands out there...


loooooooooool the beginning where Paul or George (rather George) runs and falls... i can' t get fed up with it :milton: :milton:


oh yeah!! lol!! or when that lady goes (when she sees John): you dont look like him at all! lol!! brilliant!

What other cool moments are there... *thinks* Oh i love the train episode... everything of it, esp when they mess with that mister at the beginning and you see them running outside the train! lol!!!
Image
User avatar
Lizzi
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Postby The french way » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:42 pm

or when Ringo sees that lady in the train but doesn' t get in... i love ringo. my favourite, despite people say about him.
User avatar
The french way
Brucey Wayne
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:10 pm

Postby vicky14 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:38 am

aww, i've been desperately searching for those movies for years! fucking french stores! :evil: :evil: should i search all over paris, i swear i'll find 'em!
User avatar
vicky14
Baby I'm Yours
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: France

Postby Lizzi » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:45 pm

vicky14 wrote:aww, i've been desperately searching for those movies for years! fucking french stores! :evil: :evil: should i search all over paris, i swear i'll find 'em!


Yeah try big cities... normally ye can always find it there.. and if they dont have it, ask where you can get it.
Image
User avatar
Lizzi
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Postby The french way » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:59 pm

vicky14 wrote:aww, i've been desperately searching for those movies for years! fucking french stores! :evil: :evil: should i search all over paris, i swear i'll find 'em!


probably at Smith' s, rue de Rivoli, Paris... BRILLIANT store, i find all the NMEs and Rolling Stones and stuff there. they have DVDs, but maybe not music DVDs.
User avatar
The french way
Brucey Wayne
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:10 pm

Postby irishscummyman » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:06 pm

"wow Ringo you must of spent a fortune on stamps"
User avatar
irishscummyman
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1186
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Donegal Ireland

Postby vicky14 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:13 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
User avatar
vicky14
Baby I'm Yours
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: France

Postby Space Invader » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:31 pm

in 40 years time will our children be laughing about Arctic Monkey's movies and bragging about owning their 20 albums and all the DVDs?




oh and i love the beatles
Image
User avatar
Space Invader
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: bonnie scotland, aye

Postby Lizzi » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:56 pm

mine better do that! lol!! i am sure i'll still be listening to them then....

Surfed on youtube (the bible) today and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VTmllNMkZM
From the movie help!... haven't finished watching it
Funny fact: in the end, when George is "rescuing" Ringo and the car loses its wheel, my mom told me that George really hurt himself there...

also this one: (still help)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2wrDMz2WwM

and this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BCWkJbxUuc
Note: at 1:04, watch out Paul's face! With his hand, he kinda touch the girl's breast.... quite funny.

And now i wanna watch it... the whole of it...
Image
User avatar
Lizzi
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Postby Lizzi » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:00 am

And that bit from A hard days night always made me laugh.. Lennon in his bath! lol!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MReTkHUS8SQ

And some bits and bobs of A hard days night put together:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Z5ck_7ZL8
it is George and Ringo falling at the start! lol!
And at about 1:06, the blonde girl in the train beside Paul, that's George's future wife, Patty i think was her name...
And Ringo dances like a muppet!! lmfaooooooooo!!! :milton:
Image
User avatar
Lizzi
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Postby The french way » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:25 pm

ahahahah makes me think of John in the movie.. the joke with the journalist... i don' t remember it. It' s like "How did you find {a country}?" "you turn left..." or something.
User avatar
The french way
Brucey Wayne
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:10 pm

Postby Lizzi » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:07 pm

The french way wrote:ahahahah makes me think of John in the movie.. the joke with the journalist... i don' t remember it. It' s like "How did you find {a country}?" "you turn left..." or something.


OMG! i had completely forgotten about that one!! hahaha! It's:

Journalist: How did you find America?
Lennon: Turn left to Greenland

:milton:
Image
User avatar
Lizzi
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Postby vicky14 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:29 pm

oh yeah, that one's mythic! :milton:
User avatar
vicky14
Baby I'm Yours
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: France

Postby The french way » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:11 pm

Lizzi wrote:
The french way wrote:ahahahah makes me think of John in the movie.. the joke with the journalist... i don' t remember it. It' s like "How did you find {a country}?" "you turn left..." or something.


OMG! i had completely forgotten about that one!! hahaha! It's:

Journalist: How did you find America?
Lennon: Turn left to Greenland

:milton:


OMG i love it

And my mother just walked in with the DVD in her hand. It' s really provocative :milton:
User avatar
The french way
Brucey Wayne
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:10 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Other bands...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron