Wolfmother

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby arctic » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:18 pm

Niteliferomance wrote:i kinda think theyre a rip off band
they sound so used up
like ok a song about a woman thats origionall

lmfao That was not very critical.

Cracks me up when people can't actually critisise a band, they just like to think they can.
WolfMother are IT man. And it's very orginal, if they sang out sex, drugs or even the crazy thing LOVE then that woulnd't have been original, but a woman in particular.
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

ok

Postby Niteliferomance » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:35 pm

first of all learn how to spell the word criticize ok second of all it is lame when bands still sing about sex and drugs, and it isnt origionall any more!!
Niteliferomance
Lurker

Re: ok

Postby Lizzi » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:58 pm

Niteliferomance wrote:first of all learn how to spell the word criticize ok second of all it is lame when bands still sing about sex and drugs, and it isnt origionall any more!!

Very much doubt Mark was being mean to you mate, so please don't take it like that.

and anyway, I doubt you have to be that much original to sell records these days... it's all ripping and covering... well in hip hop and pop it is...
Lizzi

Postby arctic » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:12 pm

Niteliferomance wrote:first of all learn how to spell the word criticize ok second of all it is lame when bands still sing about sex and drugs, and it isnt origionall any more!!

You want to play that game huh?

To start with, don't try and "correct" my spelling I know perfectly well how to spell Criticise. I am british and therefore it's spelt with an S not a Z.
If I wanted to type corrently I would be writing a novel, not a post on a frickin forum.
And if your trying to be funny complaining about that, start using correct grammar and punctuation such as capital letters in the correct places or even using one exclamation mark instead of two.
And learn how to spell original, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were typing fast (even though you got it wrong twice).

And I agree, singing about sex and drugs is not original, I never said it was, I did however state that Woman was original but if we are getting into THAT game then is any song original anymore since the caveman hit rocks with sticks?

I'm not saying I hate you, I'm just saying you should calm down and take your time to criticise a band better.

Essay over :milton:
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby arctic » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:24 pm

Apologies for anyone who reads that :D
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lizzi » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:30 pm

you actually wrote more than I could ever write Loverboy... who's the essay writer now huh? ;)
Lizzi

Postby Niteliferomance » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:40 am

look i have really thouhgt about this band and to be honest with you i did like them in the beggining, but there is just something about them that strikes me as a one hit wonder. I'm glad you were able to look past that and like them as artists but to me they just seem like the kind of band that brings out one awesome song and then dies out, you know what i mean....
Niteliferomance
Lurker

Postby The french way » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:14 pm

arctic wrote:Apologies for anyone who reads that :D

don' t apologiSe (cause i' m on a british forum lol.)

i really think that there' s not ONE subject in music which is original. everybody has already said everything (well correct me if you found one thing that hasn' t been said already). It' s the lyrics itself which can be original, not the subject of it. Sex and drugs are part of it.
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby pink_cookie » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:37 pm

arctic wrote:

You want to play that game huh?

To start with, don't try and "correct" my spelling I know perfectly well how to spell Criticise. I am british and therefore it's spelt with an S not a Z.
If I wanted to type corrently I would be writing a novel, not a post on a frickin forum.
And if your trying to be funny complaining about that, start using correct grammar and punctuation such as capital letters in the correct places or even using one exclamation mark instead of two.
And learn how to spell original, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were typing fast (even though you got it wrong twice).

And I agree, singing about sex and drugs is not original, I never said it was, I did however state that Woman was original but if we are getting into THAT game then is any song original anymore since the caveman hit rocks with sticks?

I'm not saying I hate you, I'm just saying you should calm down and take your time to criticise a band better.

Essay over :milton:

wow....someone knows how to argue!!!! :D
you dont have to be sorry that arguement between you guys really entertained me as sad as it is.... :milton:
I'm Insane - It's Your Fault
pink_cookie
Three figure posting!

Postby arctic » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:10 pm

Niteliferomance wrote:look i have really thouhgt about this band and to be honest with you i did like them in the beggining, but there is just something about them that strikes me as a one hit wonder. I'm glad you were able to look past that and like them as artists but to me they just seem like the kind of band that brings out one awesome song and then dies out, you know what i mean....

Like the Cartoonies!
What a band.....ting tang...

Edit : they are called the Cartoons!
If someone knows them I'll post the video to their amazing number one hit ( i think)
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Other bands...