In this section of the forum you can talk specifically about the Monkeys. Who are they? Where do they come from? And what the hell am I doing on this forum? Find out HERE

Moderator: Moderators

Postby bear that in mind tonite » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:57 pm

505 Is going to be the next single from the Arctics i heard on Xfm and he played song after announcing it was going to be the next single but he didn't mention a date.
Whats Your thoughts?
bear that in mind tonite
Brianstorm

Postby matt4d » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:29 am

If this is true, i think its a cracking choice, certainly a fan favourite and it shows the wider community that the arctic monkeys are about slow songs too.

When i first heard the rumour that old yellow bricks was to be the next single (not teddy picker), my first thought was that it should be 505.

There's nothing on the arctics' website though, and its not been long since the release of teddy picker.....

Anyway good news! :D
"I AM THE CONDUCTOR, PUT ME IN THE TERROR POCKET!"
matt4d
Brianstorm

Postby emmmmma » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:00 am

i don't know...i do like that song but in my opinion there are better songs on the album...i only really like it when it kicks in at the end and he goes "but i crumble completely when you cry..." but before that, although the lyrics are good, it's just never really clicked with me. A new singles always good news though (:
Smitten but might not be smitten for long if you're still sittin' soon she'll be smitten and gone
emmmmma
Three figure posting!

Postby Sofie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:12 pm

emmmmma wrote:i don't know...i do like that song but in my opinion there are better songs on the album...i only really like it when it kicks in at the end and he goes "but i crumble completely when you cry..." but before that, although the lyrics are good, it's just never really clicked with me. A new singles always good news though (:

i completely agree about the song, love the ending, but the rest is just... i don't know...

anyway, i don't think it's such a good choice for a single. in a way it's a bit like a certain romance, and i liked the fact that they never put that out as a single. it makes it more special to hear it at concerts. and i think i might get a bit sick of it if they start playing it nonstop on the radio, like what they did with brianstorm and flou adol. and i don't want to get sick of it, if you know what i mean.
Sofie
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby emmmmma » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:14 pm

completely agreed sofie.
Smitten but might not be smitten for long if you're still sittin' soon she'll be smitten and gone
emmmmma
Three figure posting!

Postby matt4d » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:00 pm

Sofie wrote:
emmmmma wrote:i don't know...i do like that song but in my opinion there are better songs on the album...i only really like it when it kicks in at the end and he goes "but i crumble completely when you cry..." but before that, although the lyrics are good, it's just never really clicked with me. A new singles always good news though (:

i completely agree about the song, love the ending, but the rest is just... i don't know...

anyway, i don't think it's such a good choice for a single. in a way it's a bit like a certain romance, and i liked the fact that they never put that out as a single. it makes it more special to hear it at concerts. and i think i might get a bit sick of it if they start playing it nonstop on the radio, like what they did with brianstorm and flou adol. and i don't want to get sick of it, if you know what i mean.

hmmm yh fair point....brianstorm (the album version at least) does bore the pants off me now... =[

anyway, new single means.........B-SIDES!!!!!!

:milton:
"I AM THE CONDUCTOR, PUT ME IN THE TERROR POCKET!"
matt4d
Brianstorm

Postby bear that in mind tonite » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:23 pm

yeh b-sides is all i'm bothered about i was surprised when i heard would of thought old yellow bricks or circus
bear that in mind tonite
Brianstorm

Postby arctic ana » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:00 pm

imo,next single should be This house is a circus,but after teddy picker it's very likely that they release a slower one and 505 is the perfect choice.
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby Lizzi » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:30 am

I think it's an excellent choice... I never thought they could pull a song like that - it's quite different from all their other tunes. Shows innovation and I like that. I think that song has that mystic mood around it and when Alex goes "But I crumble completely when you cry..." it's like it all explodes.

Love it, love how it makes me feel and love that it's them who pulled out a tune like that.

Can't wait to see the vid...
Lizzi

Postby irishscummyman » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:03 pm

I would of perfared Circus but at least they chose this over the other "slow song" Only One...
irishscummyman

Postby Louu » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:07 pm

Yes, I would have prefered circus too..but i still think it's a good choice, and really hope they make a good video out of it
music is my imaginary friend
Louu
Baby I'm Yours

Postby arctic ana » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:08 pm

i hope the video will be better than the one for Flourescence Adolescence....but Teddy was great. :D
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby monkeyinvader » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:56 pm

I love that song, it would be awesome if its true that is going to be the new single
monkeyinvader
Not to feel like a twat at times is hard

Postby dj_fisher » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:01 pm

Kick Ass track, will storm to the top :D
dj_fisher

Postby Rhododendron » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:12 pm

4 singles is a bit much don't you think...?
Go ahead and play the blues if it makes you happy.
Rhododendron
I'm going back to 505

Next

Return to The Arctic Monkeys