In this section of the forum you can talk specifically about the Monkeys. Who are they? Where do they come from? And what the hell am I doing on this forum? Find out HERE

Moderator: Moderators

Postby bear that in mind tonite » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:48 pm

Rhododendron wrote:4 singles is a bit much don't you think...?

don't no really thats what i thought at first but i think its because they wnt to use up sum songs for b sides rather than sellin out or money makin. at least it aint like kooks or fratellis with 6 singles now that is stupid!
bear that in mind tonite
Brianstorm

Postby StillTakeYouHome505 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:54 pm

Sofie wrote: i completely agree about the song, love the ending, but the rest is just... i don't know...

anyway, i don't think it's such a good choice for a single. in a way it's a bit like a certain romance, and i liked the fact that they never put that out as a single. it makes it more special to hear it at concerts. and i think i might get a bit sick of it if they start playing it nonstop on the radio, like what they did with brianstorm and flou adol. and i don't want to get sick of it, if you know what i mean.

I was going to disagree with you until you brought up the bit about it being overplayed on the radio. I don't ever listen to radio and live in the states so it's rare to here the monkeys on the radio (or at least you would never hear them played as often as you do in GB). However, I've just gone to visit a friend in England and he said he's so sick of Brianstorm because of it always being on the radio. 505 is one of my favorite songs so in a way I'd like it as a single, but I'd hate for it to loose it's magic!
I fancy you with a passion. You're a Topshop princess, a rockstar too. You're a fad, you're a fashion and I'm having a job tryin to talk to you.
StillTakeYouHome505
Brianstorm

Postby matt4d » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 am

meh, there was some rumour about the band not bothering with albums anymore so maybe 4 singles is something to do with this.

i agree with those guys up there ^^^^ who want house is a circus! :D

as for slow songs, only ones is, imo, a non-awesome version of 505 :p
"I AM THE CONDUCTOR, PUT ME IN THE TERROR POCKET!"
matt4d
Brianstorm

Postby Pix » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:23 am

I like both singles and albums. To be honest, I'd LOVE an album which showed the new deeper direction the arctics are heading in, rather than a 505 Single.
Then again, I guess it's not an either/or situation. Meh, why not. Slap another single out there, as long as we get more Nettles-ish B Sides, maybe Sandtrap and Terror Pocket.
~Pix~
Pix
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Re: 505

Postby surrey_casual » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:10 pm

bear that in mind tonite wrote:505 Is going to be the next single from the Arctics i heard on Xfm and he played song after announcing it was going to be the next single but he didn't mention a date.
Whats Your thoughts?

i heard this too.

StillTakeYouHome505 wrote:he said he's so sick of Brianstorm because of it always being on the radio

i didnt think it was overplayed, just about right. flo was overplayed. teddy picker is not played enough when comparing to songs such as, ruby, valerie, golden skans, chelsea dagger, etc.

Rhododendron wrote:4 singles is a bit much don't you think...?

nah, kooks have released 6, fratellis 6, biffy 5, enemy 6. but no need to release any more after the next single
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Previous

Return to The Arctic Monkeys