New Arctic Monkeys album 'two thirds complete'

In this section of the forum you can talk specifically about the Monkeys. Who are they? Where do they come from? And what the hell am I doing on this forum? Find out HERE

Moderator: Moderators

New Arctic Monkeys album 'two thirds complete'

Postby fidelity » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:45 pm

From NME.COM
http://www.nme.com/news/arctic-monkeys/42192

Frontman Alex Turner said he was "thrilled" with the band's efforts so far, and said he hoped to release the follow-up to 2007's 'Favourite Worst Nightmare' this summer.

"We're going to have a new album with you by the summer I think," he told Australian network Triple J. "[It's] 78 per cent is done, I have been working in fractions actually – two thirds. [I'm] thrilled with it."

Turner went on to talk about recent recording sessions the band held with Queens Of The Stone Age's Josh Homme near the Joshua Tree National Park in California.

"It's been great fun," he said. "We went out to the desert for a little bit, we did two sessions with Josh, we had a great time.

"There's a few other buildings around there but it is certainly cut off. The guy who owns it is called Dave Catching, who plays guitar in the Eagles Of Death Metal, and it's his house. He was a great host.

"It's quite an inspiring place, there's a certain element of dust in the sound of it."

summer...oh god...i beat my head against a brick wall..i can't wait anymore.
"That Kate Moss stuff in the papers was pretty funny," Alex explained. "She was meant to have rung me mum up and me mum said 'leave my son alone'!"
fidelity
Brianstorm

Wow.

Postby PrettyVisitors » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:41 pm

Eep I can't wait any longer! :D
Presuming that all things are equal; who'd want to be men of the people, when there's people like <i>you.</i>
PrettyVisitors
My first post!

Return to The Arctic Monkeys