Second album tracks

In this section of the forum you can talk specifically about the Monkeys. Who are they? Where do they come from? And what the hell am I doing on this forum? Find out HERE

Moderator: Moderators

Second album tracks

Postby Danja » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:12 pm

So the Arctic Monkeys are working on a second album. Does anybody know if any of the demo songs/live songs will be included?
And also will they be releasing:

Space invaders
Leaving before the lights come on
Settle for a draw
Sticking to the floor

The lyrics for leaving before the lights come on are awsome, they have a great way of projecting stories from a different perspective. Their lyrics in general are excellent, from the ritz to the rubble, I have acyually swapped jumpers to get into a club after being turned away, and got in! lol.
If any1 wants to chat or discuss above msg me or reply.[/b]
Even monkeys fall out of trees
Danja
Lurker

Re: Second album tracks

Postby arctic » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:20 pm

Danja wrote:Does anybody know if any of the demo songs/live songs will be included?

Afraid only the band members know that. As soon as I find out it will be the first thing on the homepage.

But, I don't expect anyhting to be announced for quite a few months yet.
The first album was only released in January! So I wouldn't expect any other album to be released for another year!?

:lol:

Sorry :D
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Second album tracks

Postby surrey_casual » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:50 pm

Danja wrote:So the Arctic Monkeys are working on a second album. Does anybody know if any of the demo songs/live songs will be included?
And also will they be releasing:

Space invaders
Leaving before the lights come on
Settle for a draw
Sticking to the floor

The lyrics for leaving before the lights come on are awsome, they have a great way of projecting stories from a different perspective. Their lyrics in general are excellent, from the ritz to the rubble, I have acyually swapped jumpers to get into a club after being turned away, and got in! lol.
If any1 wants to chat or discuss above msg me or reply.[/b]

stickin to the floor and settle for a draw are b-sides to scummy so they will defo not be on the album, and leaving b4 the lights come on i dont know, and space invaders has been scraped for good, i think, correct me if im wrong!
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby andy_keir » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:17 am

i agree surrey
And how could you wake up,
With someone you don't love,
And not feel slightly phased by it?
andy_keir
Put your dukes up!

Postby andy_keir » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:20 am

also...im very pissed....but.....my drunken wisdom tells me they will prob all be new songs cos i reckon they are bored as fuck playin the same tunes all the time. there is a wee chance that leaving before lights will be on tho...if it aint a b-side to their final 1st album single
And how could you wake up,
With someone you don't love,
And not feel slightly phased by it?
andy_keir
Put your dukes up!

Postby arctic » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:55 am

I bet "levaing before" is on the album, they are playing it live so I assume theyare going to release it, question is when?
It's such a good tune!
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby surrey_casual » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:45 pm

andy_keir wrote:also...im very pissed....but.....

a scot pissed, never

agreed arctic, i think 'who the fuck' would of been a better release but never mind the buzzcocks
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby Danja » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:58 am

I read in NME that after the EP is released (I've ordered my 10" copy, yeah baby!) they are going to release Leaving Before the Lights Come On. And also a very early approximation as to when the second album is aiming to be released is January 2007, but lets face it, it's going to change.
Thanks for all your feed back, and remember, if your gonna drink, do it till you hit the deck!
Even monkeys fall out of trees
Danja
Lurker

Postby Josie » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:52 pm

Danja wrote:I read in NME that after the EP is released (I've ordered my 10" copy, yeah baby!) they are going to release Leaving Before the Lights Come On. And also a very early approximation as to when the second album is aiming to be released is January 2007, but lets face it, it's going to change.
Thanks for all your feed back, and remember, if your gonna drink, do it till you hit the deck!

i was just about to put that but you beat me to it :P
<i>If Carlsberg made bands,Arctic Monkeys would still be better </i>
<b>Time Square Can't shine as bright as you <3 </b>
Josie
Brucey Wayne

Return to The Arctic Monkeys