Questionable!

In this section of the forum you can talk specifically about the Monkeys. Who are they? Where do they come from? And what the hell am I doing on this forum? Find out HERE

Moderator: Moderators

Questionable!

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Tue May 02, 2006 10:24 pm

Probably completely irrelevant to this entire forum, and most likely a very stupid and overthought subject, but I was thinking about this today in my journo class.

Do you think Alex Turner (or any musicaian for that matter, really) predecides which audiences he's going to jump into before hand? And which he will not?

I don't know I guess I'm wondering, because I've never been to a show where someone was about to jump out but thought it over and was like "Hang on a sec!" and took there wallet out of there back pocket or anything. You know? And in videos and pictures sometimes you can see his wallet, (yeah I look at his bum) and sometimes he doesn't have it, and those are the shows he jumps in the crowd.

I don't even know why the fuck I'm posting this, I've just been wondering, and I'd like to know if you people ever analyze things like this as well.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lizzi » Wed May 03, 2006 2:41 am

Sometimes analyse stuff as well, but never thought of this as i never stared at his bum... okay i did once or twice, but never thought of the crowd surfing thing...

How would he know anyway? How would he tell if ppl are going to be buzzing and jumping and really into it? By standing next to the stage during the first act? Doubt it... I mean in Montreal, no one was going ballistic for Spinto Band... ppl were banging their heads yeah, but no jumping... So Alex couldn't possibly tell...

So I'd say he goes by if he's into it that night or not...
Lizzi

Postby Space Invader » Wed May 03, 2006 7:55 am

It probably depnds on the concentration of alcohol in his blood system to be honest...
Space Invader

Postby Kiran » Wed May 03, 2006 5:02 pm

wow alex jumps inti the crowd? i wouldn't know seeing as I am one of the only persons ever who hasn't been to a A.M gig and probs never will in this loser place. :cry:
some want to kiss some want to kick you
"that girl is an indie cindy-lego haircut & polkadot dress"
Kiran
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Wed May 03, 2006 7:49 pm

In Philadelphia he just kind of leaned back and fell on us, when he was still playing guitar, and it was just adorable.

I think I posted this site before, but oh well. It's relevant again, and any chance to watch these again are fine. I'd give me right arm to do that night over... well actually I'm right handed, so I'd give the left one. Yessir... so yeah watch these videos!

http://musicsnob.blogs.friendster.com/chris_music_snobbery/2006/03/arctic_monkeys_.html
I don't know who that man is, I hope he doesn't mind.
AlisonFasheeta

Return to The Arctic Monkeys