nick o'malley

In this section of the forum you can talk specifically about the Monkeys. Who are they? Where do they come from? And what the hell am I doing on this forum? Find out HERE

Moderator: Moderators

nick o'malley

Postby surrey_casual » Sun May 28, 2006 9:14 pm

the new bassist. looks cool, was in the dodgems, now i like the dodgems.
got a few of there tracks thru the good shoes forum a while back.will dig some of there tunes out. so im pretty happy. lets discuss......

http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=205443 ---mp3's

2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby Lizzi » Mon May 29, 2006 1:10 am

Silly question, but does he play at the left of the stage like where Andy used to play??? Cos in Mtl, am hoping to get at the front between Jamie and Alex.. hahahaa!!

Will download the mp3s, cheers Scott, and will try to come back with comments.
Lizzi

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Mon May 29, 2006 3:07 am

Yeah yeah, Lizzi! That's what I'm wondering. My friends and I were planning on getting up to the left side on the bar, to be right by Andy.... but now I don't know where the fuck everyone's gonna be. I suppose I'll just try for front and center, no possiblity for disappointment there! :wink:
AlisonFasheeta

Postby surrey_casual » Mon May 29, 2006 11:26 am

typical girls :roll:

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby arctic_ranger » Mon May 29, 2006 4:19 pm

My friends and I were planning on getting up to the left side on the bar, to be right by Andy.... but now I don't know where the fuck everyone's gonna be.

I'd love to have that choice at the gigs I go to...Myself and surrey_casual tend to do some crowd surfing and watch it from where we are dropped :D
arctic_ranger
Brianstorm

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Mon May 29, 2006 4:41 pm

surrey_casual wrote:typical girls :roll:

That's not typical, where your standing can completely ruin or make the entire show! It's probably one of the the more important aspects.

I've only seen them once in my life, I don't want to miss anything. Like when Alex "crowd surfed" in Philly, he went right over my friends head, she didn't even notice. I wouldn't be able to live with myself after something like that! :lol: :lol:
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lizzi » Mon May 29, 2006 5:09 pm

I agree with Alison here.. where you stand is REALLY important!

As for crowd surfing, I don't do that... ppl grabbing and stuff... and anyway, ye always get put back by security and then it takes aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages going back to the front where yer mates are!

And Alison, saw some pix of them playing with the new dude and he's standing in Andy's spot... so that means i'll go for up front, right. :lol:
Lizzi

Postby surrey_casual » Mon May 29, 2006 5:18 pm

for the girls i suppose because you just look at alex and co the whole night.

i think just being at the front is all that matters.

anyway back to the point of this thread, anyone dowloaded the dodgems tracks yet?

and the secret gig is in the nme this week n all, sooooo buy it.

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Mon May 29, 2006 5:43 pm

I defintely do not stare at them the whole time.... I dance. But I like to be able to see them, and I like being in the front but not tooo close.

From my experience the people against the stage don't dance, and there theres like a smal area just behind them where everythings crazy! Then once you get to a certain point pretty far bac its just like standing on tips toes humming along.

Last time I was getting thrown around and shit, which was fun, but I want to be as close as possibly cause I really want to actually pay attention this time. But not on the bar I guess, cause that is very fan girl.

And I've never crowd surfed, enough people grab my ass just standing there. Like Lizzi said I like to stay with my friends most of the time. But I'll try it sometime.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby surrey_casual » Mon May 29, 2006 10:05 pm

agreed, people at the front dont dance. they hang on to the barrier for dear life.

you gotta try crowdsurfing, its gives you a proper buzzzzzzzzzzzz

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby Lizzi » Mon May 29, 2006 10:20 pm

Am currently downloading the mp3 Scott!

At the show, normally, i bounce and scream/sing at the same time. And like Alison said, this time, i wanna make sure not to miss anything and to remember everything as well... the last gig is nothing but a blur to me now...

I can't wait to see the new bassist though... see if he can pull it out. I am sure he can.

And Alison's right, i also got grabbed at the gig! haha! quite disturbing when you're not expecting it.
Lizzi

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Tue May 30, 2006 12:39 am

Lizzi wrote:Am currently downloading the mp3 Scott!

At the show, normally, i bounce and scream/sing at the same time. And like Alison said, this time, i wanna make sure not to miss anything and to remember everything as well... the last gig is nothing but a blur to me now...

I can't wait to see the new bassist though... see if he can pull it out. I am sure he can.

And Alison's right, i also got grabbed at the gig! haha! quite disturbing when you're not expecting it.

EXACTLY.. the same as with me. I remember talking about it the next day in school. So basically whatever I remember, is whatever I told my parents and whoever was listening.

And also I wrote a story about it for journalism, so all I wrote in that I remember. :D

And Scott? (Didn't know that was your name, I really don't know anyone's names on here) I'm going to see Be Your Own Pet two nights before the Arctic Monkeys, so I'll test out crowd surfing there, and if I like it, I'll do it again for Monks!
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lizzi » Tue May 30, 2006 1:25 am

i also only remember what i told me mates... and - that will sound fangirlism - but at the first gig, i mostly looked at Alex... and now I wanna look at Jamie too... therefore the position. And i dunno, i was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too hyper then i was in a buzz, so dont remember as much as i will now. I know a bit what to expect so yeah.... And from Matt, i only remember him wearing a Mexican hat at some point and Andy, a scarf. Whereas now, i wanna look at Matt drumming (esp on dancing shoes and a view from the afternoon) and Jamie's guitar solos, Alex fast strumming... see? i know where to look! lol!!

As they say: First times aren't the best
Last edited by Lizzi on Tue May 30, 2006 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzi

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Tue May 30, 2006 1:31 am

I think my first time will always be the best. If this crowd can out dance Philly, I will be surprised. Philadelphia is a good city for shows, I've never been to Baltimore at night, so actually this is another first for me! We'll see how that goes.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby surrey_casual » Tue May 30, 2006 7:59 pm

AlisonFasheeta wrote:I think my first time will always be the best. If this crowd can out dance Philly, I will be surprised. Philadelphia is a good city for shows, I've never been to Baltimore at night, so actually this is another first for me! We'll see how that goes.

first time is always best, mine was at astoria, i will never forget that wonderful night!

:D :D :roll:

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Next

Return to The Arctic Monkeys