Fluorescent Adolescent Video

Latest News on the Arctic Monkeys
(Viewable on arctic-monkeys.com)

Postby owentherocket » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:07 am

Stoki wrote:Oh, normally Al's the cutest, but this time Jamie is the most adorable :)

Lizzi wrote:
bloody_hamster wrote:The video is... Oh, I don't like the video. It's stupid. I don't like Arctic Monkeys'
videos...

I love their vids... always so original


true, that's what I love too.


i loved the vid for i bet you look good on the dancefloor because it was like so oldschool and that aint around enough anymore
Image
User avatar
owentherocket
Three figure posting!
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:09 pm
Location: Balbriggan,Dublin,Ireland

Postby ArcticGirl » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:54 am

Arctic Monkeys show in their videos once again that they hate the word "commercial" and don't care if the public will love it or not.
I love them for that. :D
It could seem that it's just a simple video with clowns, but I think that this simplicity makes this vid and the others soooo good and characteristic.

Oh, and this photos of little Monkeys - they were so charming when they were kids. :milton:
For every piece to fall in place,
forever gone without a trace,
your horizon takes its shape,
no turning back, don't turn that page.
User avatar
ArcticGirl
Three figure posting!
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 11:59 am
Location: Poland

Postby Stoki » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:47 am

ArcticGirl wrote:Arctic Monkeys show in their videos once again that they hate the word "commercial" and don't care if the public will love it or not.
I love them for that. :D
It could seem that it's just a simple video with clowns, but I think that this simplicity makes this vid and the others soooo good and characteristic.


That's right, I thought that the next video would be something bigger, more complicated, with a bigger budget. I was a little scared about it, that they're becoming a little comercial ( with their apperances on TV shows like Jimmie Kimmel ). New video shows that I was wrong, well I hope so.
This simplicity makes the video special, unique. I love that. Simple but still original.
We are so young we don't understand if we cannot fly...
User avatar
Stoki
I don't wear a Balaclava
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Poland

Postby arctic » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:07 pm

I think people read into this too much. Personally I think it means nothing. It was just a bit of fun to get people to dress as clowns, beat each other up and get away with recording a video worth no more than the camera it was recorded on.
User avatar
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2955
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:16 pm
Location: Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley

Postby Leeming » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:16 pm

If it was that simple wrote:
Sofie wrote:jamie was the cutest baby :D the three others are sweet too though.



He looks like a girl on that picture, maybe because of the red hat he's wearing. I think al was the cutest.


He is wearing a balaclava.. hahahaha
User avatar
Leeming
Three figure posting!
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: Manchester

Postby surrey_casual » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:17 pm

dont like it.
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!
 
Posts: 3338
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:52 pm
Location: THE BIG LDN. BLAP BLAP

Postby If it was that simple » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:43 pm

You know what came to my mind when I watched the video for the second time. It is a typical boys-made-video. You see cars crashing and burning, some guys are beaten up by clowns, it reminds me a bit of an action movie. [smilie=row__485.gif]
"I look a lot fitter on my myspace picture than I do in real life.."
User avatar
If it was that simple
Baby I'm Yours
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Vienna, capital of Austria

Postby bloody_hamster » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:45 pm

If it was that simple wrote:You know what came to my mind when I watched the video for the second time. It is a typical boys-made-video. You see cars crashing and burning, some guys are beaten up by clowns, it reminds me a bit of an action movie. [smilie=row__485.gif]


I agree with you.
Anyway action films are boring...
I think the video is boring too :D
User avatar
bloody_hamster
Despair in the forum lounge
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:48 pm
Location: Stargard, Poland

Postby monkeyinvader » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:00 pm

the video is so cool, love the clows jajaja, at the same time the video is sad
User avatar
monkeyinvader
Not to feel like a twat at times is hard
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: silao, guanajuato, méxico

Postby Stoki » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:02 pm

bloody_hamster wrote:
If it was that simple wrote:You know what came to my mind when I watched the video for the second time. It is a typical boys-made-video. You see cars crashing and burning, some guys are beaten up by clowns, it reminds me a bit of an action movie. [smilie=row__485.gif]


I agree with you.
Anyway action films are boring...
I think the video is boring too :D


they're having fun, that's good. not so boring to me :D
We are so young we don't understand if we cannot fly...
User avatar
Stoki
I don't wear a Balaclava
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Poland

Postby enigma. » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:51 pm

The vid is ok, but I waited for something more... cool? XD Actually, i don't know, but it'll be never my favourite - i love when the sun goes down sooo much! <3

And, of course, the small Arctic Monkeys are so sweet, especially Alex. :D
All the attention is leading me to feel important.
User avatar
enigma.
Lurker
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: Poland

FLOURESCENT ADOLESCENT

Postby xoxo81 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:49 pm

Phenominal video, phenominal song!!! Loved it!!!...I wonder who the people were in the photos that were in the video...Do you think it was the band members??
xoxo81
Lurker
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 pm

FLOURESCENT ADOLESCENT

Postby xoxo81 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:31 am

Wow....I feel really stupid...(The video was phenominal, by the way)...But I feel stupid because I posted a message wondering if the photos shown in the video were photos of the band members!..And afterwards, I read everyone commenting on how cute the photos of the band members were...WoW...But yeah...I'm still not sure about who is who...But I'm guessing that the picture of the kid in the car is Alex and the picture of the kid standing in front of a bike is Matt...
xoxo81
Lurker
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 pm

FLOURESCENT ADOLESCENT

Postby xoxo81 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:33 am

enigma. wrote:The vid is ok, but I waited for something more... cool? XD Actually, i don't know, but it'll be never my favourite - i love when the sun goes down sooo much! <3

And, of course, the small Arctic Monkeys are so sweet, especially Alex. :D


Do u know which picture is which in the video??
I'm guessing the picture of the kid in the car is Alex and the kid standing in front of a bike is Matt...
xoxo81
Lurker
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 pm

Postby enigma. » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:29 pm

xoxo81 wrote:
enigma. wrote:The vid is ok, but I waited for something more... cool? XD Actually, i don't know, but it'll be never my favourite - i love when the sun goes down sooo much! <3

And, of course, the small Arctic Monkeys are so sweet, especially Alex. :D


Do u know which picture is which in the video??
I'm guessing the picture of the kid in the car is Alex and the kid standing in front of a bike is Matt...


I'm guessing (ant i'm in 90% sure) that Jamie is first, next Alex, then Matt, and then Nick. XD
All the attention is leading me to feel important.
User avatar
enigma.
Lurker
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: Poland

Previous

Return to Latest Arctic Monkeys News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron