Reverend And The Makers - The Machine

Latest News on the Arctic Monkeys
(Viewable on arctic-monkeys.com)

Reverend And The Makers - The Machine

Postby arctic » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:48 pm

As most of you know the Arctic Monkeys are not hitting the headlines quite a much as they were last month but there are little bits of news every now again relating.

Todays news comes inline with "<a href='http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=123347&sid=2381594&partner=321' target='_7digital'>Reverend And The Makers</a>" new album "<a href='http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=123347&sid=2381594&partner=321' target='_7digital'>State Of Things</a>".
It was released today (17th) and features the track "<a href='http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=123347&sid=2381594&partner=321' target='_7digital'>The Machine</a>" which has additional vocals by Alex Turner.
The older demo did also feature Alex (quite a few months back) but this version has been revamped for the album.

Just in case you didn't know, Jon McClure (Aka Reverend) is a good friend of the band.

In other related band news, <a href='http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=130607&sid=2354610&partner=321' target='_7digital'>Milburns new single</a> is out today titled "<a href='http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=130607&sid=2354610&partner=321' target='_7digital'>What Will You Do When The Money Goes?</a>" and precedes their brand new album released next week titled "<a href='http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=137931&sid=2389256&partner=321' target='_7digital'>These Are The Facts</a>".
User avatar
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2955
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:16 pm
Location: Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley

Postby surrey_casual » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:12 pm

this is prob the highlight of the album n all.
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!
 
Posts: 3338
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:52 pm
Location: THE BIG LDN. BLAP BLAP

Postby Rhododendron » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:30 pm

The album's crap apart from this song and a few others.
Go ahead and play the blues if it makes you happy.
User avatar
Rhododendron
I'm going back to 505
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:08 am

lack of news recently has been quite depressing tbh. does anyone have any idea as to when the next arctics gig in england is :? ? i mean, LCCC was the most incredible night....
Guest
 

Postby surrey_casual » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:48 am

Anonymous wrote:lack of news recently has been quite depressing tbh. does anyone have any idea as to when the next arctics gig in england is :? ? i mean, LCCC was the most incredible night....


well, there is a gap between the amercain tour and the south amercain tour, maybe then. maybe not. they may want to tour europe in that time, not sure, tho i doubt it as dates ahve not been announced yet. alex is recording with miles kane. maybe monkeys will take a break and alex and kane will tour? who knows. just wait and see.
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!
 
Posts: 3338
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:52 pm
Location: THE BIG LDN. BLAP BLAP

Postby Louu » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:24 pm

great song, not very great album
music is my imaginary friend
User avatar
Louu
Baby I'm Yours
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:16 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Reverend And The Makers - The Machine

Postby Lizzi » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:32 pm

arctic wrote:In other related band news, <a href='http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=130607&sid=2354610&partner=321' target='_7digital'>Milburns new single</a> is out today titled "<a href='http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=130607&sid=2354610&partner=321' target='_7digital'>What Will You Do When The Money Goes?</a>" and precedes their brand new album released next week titled "<a href='http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=137931&sid=2389256&partner=321' target='_7digital'>These Are The Facts</a>".

and guess who's in the uk AND will be able to get her hands on the hopefully brilliant new milburn album? M O I! :D
Image
User avatar
Lizzi
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Postby StillTakeYouHome505 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:05 am

Louu wrote:great song, not very great album


agreed...
User avatar
StillTakeYouHome505
Brianstorm
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: California

Re: Reverend And The Makers - The Machine

Postby bear that in mind tonite » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:38 pm

Lizzi wrote:
arctic wrote:In other related band news, <a href='http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=130607&sid=2354610&partner=321' target='_7digital'>Milburns new single</a> is out today titled "<a href='http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=130607&sid=2354610&partner=321' target='_7digital'>What Will You Do When The Money Goes?</a>" and precedes their brand new album released next week titled "<a href='http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=137931&sid=2389256&partner=321' target='_7digital'>These Are The Facts</a>".

and guess who's in the uk AND will be able to get her hands on the hopefully brilliant new milburn album? M O I! :D



Ive gt the album dwnloaded its just kinda of average and quite slow reli but hopefully its grower i dnt no??
User avatar
bear that in mind tonite
Brianstorm
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:39 am
Location: He's from Hunter's Bar

Postby StillTakeYouHome505 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:55 am

I've recently come to the conclusion that everything just sounds better when Alex Turner sings it...
User avatar
StillTakeYouHome505
Brianstorm
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: California

reverend album..

Postby Laigni » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:06 pm

well, i actually like the album from "the reverend and the makers"!
seems like im the only one.. ? :o
Laigni
 

Postby arctic ana » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:00 pm

^^i think it's ok but nothing spectacular...an average album in my opinion.
User avatar
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R
 
Posts: 1803
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: the town AM visited in July - Split, Croatia

Re: reverend album..

Postby josefettwalker » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:24 am

Laigni wrote:well, i actually like the album from "the reverend and the makers"!
seems like im the only one.. ? :o


yeah i like i too :D
All you people are vampires
User avatar
josefettwalker
Riot Van
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:41 am
Location: Mexico City

Re: reverend album..

Postby StillTakeYouHome505 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:59 am

josefettwalker wrote:
Laigni wrote:well, i actually like the album from "the reverend and the makers"!
seems like im the only one.. ? :o


yeah i like i too :D


it's kind of grown on me now as well...
I fancy you with a passion. You're a Topshop princess, a rockstar too. You're a fad, you're a fashion and I'm having a job tryin to talk to you.
User avatar
StillTakeYouHome505
Brianstorm
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: California


Return to Latest Arctic Monkeys News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron