Last Shadow Puppets - Age Of The Understatement Video

Latest News on the Arctic Monkeys
(Viewable on arctic-monkeys.com)

arctic monkeys splitting up

Postby Acoustic-17 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:59 am

The arctic monkeys are splitting up aint they becuase of alex and this new band.

Jamie cook said on his myspace...

im afraid its true. it was a great experience for me playing in the monkeys, but now things are different, if the one we know falls... we all fall. so i have to make my own way now
i will let you know my plans for the future, but now im pissed with alex, if he is free to do other projects without us... why not me? eh?
so yea i think leaving the band is the best thing i can do at the time... i dont know what the future is bringing
the only thing i know is... it was a great experience all this years, thanks mates, thanks richard... thanks to all the fans around there and im sure you understand my point, and i hope you support me
Jamie C.

this is from his original myspace before they where famous

check it out
Acoustic-17

Postby josefettwalker » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:07 am

hope it's a joke or something
All you people are vampires
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:29 am

pez wrote:Looks like the arctics will split with alex turner recording new material without the rest of the lads.

they're not going to split. alex isn't the only one doing other things, matt remixed a song for the hives which is a b-side now. doing side projects doesn't mean the end of a band. look at thom yorke and jonny greenwood, who have both been successful with solo projects, but radiohead is still together are releasing new material.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:16 pm

Am I the only person that doesnt like this song?
It seems quite average.

Postby arctic ana » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:19 pm

they are not splitting up.the end of discussion.
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby josefettwalker » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:37 pm

yeah it must be a joke from those losers who make myspace profile's pretending they're the monkeys
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby Glyn Jones » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:04 pm

yes it must be a joke, there are alot of people who make fake profiles on myspace and facebook etc, theres been many a great band who`s front man has done solo projects, freddie mercury - queen, phil lynott - thin lizzy they all did it.

allthough on the otherhand there both dead :?
Glyn Jones
Not to feel like a twat at times is hard

Re: arctic monkeys splitting up

Postby naughtymate » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:27 pm

Acoustic-17 wrote:The arctic monkeys are splitting up aint they becuase of alex and this new band.

no. the arctic monkeys can't split up. they won't. nope. this doesn't mean that the arctic monkeys are going their separate ways.
<i>'They always offer when there's loads of love around But when you're short of some, it's nowhere to be found' </i> no buses
naughtymate
Brianstorm

Postby stinkipete » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:25 am

Acoustic-17 wrote:The arctic monkeys are splitting up aint they becuase of alex and this new band.

im afraid its true. it was a great experience for me playing in the monkeys, but now things are different, if the one we know falls... we all fall. so i have to make my own way now
i will let you know my plans for the future, but now im pissed with alex, if he is free to do other projects without us... why not me? eh?
so yea i think leaving the band is the best thing i can do at the time... i dont know what the future is bringing
the only thing i know is... it was a great experience all this years, thanks mates, thanks richard... thanks to all the fans around there and im sure you understand my point, and i hope you support me
Jamie C.

check it out

haha,
bullshit init.

not to mention the fact that the boys have never had their own myspaces.
gerra grip.
Alex Turner has made me want a short-scale guitar.
stinkipete
Brianstorm

Postby Glyn Jones » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:22 pm

stinkipete wrote

haha,
bullshit init.

gerra grip

yeah i remember reading there interviev in NME for there christmas cover (2007 dressed as evil elvs :milton: )
they were asked about myspace and facebook and they all said they didnt have profiles because they dont get the time, they still to this day say a fan set up there myspace fan site.
Glyn Jones
Not to feel like a twat at times is hard

Postby naughtymate » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:23 pm

i asked my cousin to listen to them and check out the video. he said the video had a beatles feel to it. with the outfit and the two's hair and all. but he said the music was pretty cool. :D
<i>'They always offer when there's loads of love around But when you're short of some, it's nowhere to be found' </i> no buses
naughtymate
Brianstorm

LONG TIME NO POSTS, the return.

Postby [Q]uirky? » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:42 pm

well i only found out about this about 10 mins ago and it spurred me to return..

Addmittedly I haavent listened to the artic monkeys for a while, got into metal.

I missed em

So here i am

Back baby

personally I think its a bloody brillaint song.. Had it on repeat since I got me grubby northan mitts on it.

Bond theme yes, muse hints yes, beatels look yes.
[Q]uirky?
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby josefettwalker » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:43 am

stinkipete wrote:

Jamie C.

check it out

haha,
bullshit init.

gerra grip.

hahaha that's rite, the people who wrote that should get lifes or shoot themselves XD
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby arctic ana » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:52 pm

:milton: :milton: oh well,let them write whatever...we all know that's not true.
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby [Q]uirky? » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:19 pm

Agreed :)
[Q]uirky?
I don't wear a Balaclava

PreviousNext

Return to Latest Arctic Monkeys News