Last Shadow Puppets - Age Of The Understatement Video

Latest News on the Arctic Monkeys
(Viewable on arctic-monkeys.com)

Postby Glyn Jones » Tue May 20, 2008 1:39 pm

i personaly feel the music today isnt moving forwards its going backwards alot of new stuff has allready been done but alot of people arent aware of it so are easily drawn to it, TLSP album is good i like it, but listen to scott walker and early bowie its very alike, its like new rave why is it new its the same as when rave was last popular the klaxons biggest hit was a cover that had been done twice before them, the enemy are very alike the clash it just seems like nobody has a new sound of music in this day and age and if they do its not accepted because its different and not what people are use to.
Glyn Jones
Not to feel like a twat at times is hard

Postby arctic ana » Wed May 21, 2008 6:39 pm

i agree..but it's just like in literature-all topics are already explored so the only thing you can do is to rewrite the same things again but from a different point of view,your own.in music it means that you have to sound like someone before you because there's just nothing new for you to create if everything has already been explored.you have to sound similar to some other musician because you had to be influenced by someone before you,but that doesn't mean that you're the same as he/she.and there's still the opportunity for you to sound unique by adding your personal touch to your music.if you put your feelings and thoughts in a song,it has to sound unique because everyone is unique.

sorry,i got a little carried away :)
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby josefettwalker » Wed May 21, 2008 7:50 pm

exactly, nowadays is really hard to be 100% original, you have to be inspired by contemporary and old things, i think the point or being original is not to create something from scratch but to take something already created and make it your own, add something new to it and by that means make it unique
All you people are vampires
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby Glyn Jones » Wed May 21, 2008 8:24 pm

ive never looked at it like that, i mean dont get me wrong i really love the bands i mentioned above ive seen some live, i just feel new bands are finding it harder and harder to be succesfull because they sound like nothing weve heard before, in fact the last band i know to do it were the arctics and the amount of bands ive heard since then try and rip there sound of is just stupid, sorry rant over :milton:
Glyn Jones

Postby arctic » Thu May 22, 2008 3:04 pm

I disagree, there's loads of new bands I love which manage to redefine their genre.
Music tastes change all the time so broaden your horizons. I used to hate drum and bass (and still do) but the new Pendulum album rocks.
My 2 cents.
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Glyn Jones » Thu May 22, 2008 5:46 pm

i went to watch pendulum last week at nottingham and they were amazing, was a bit gutted they didnt play tarantula, :( im just saying for a band to be big maintstream is very hard, i love hadouken! theyre amazing live and sound really fresh but theyre not given the credit they deserve because they sound different to everything else out at the minute.
Glyn Jones

Postby apple » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:11 pm

Sorry for mistakes, i work hard to improve my english.... So I had seen the video on the may,22. The song is realy great! And what about video... AMAZING!!!! So you were shown some Russia. The typical Old woman, the typical skate girl... But there was one thing, that realy wondered me. Do you remember that boy on the concert, eating the cake? This stupid round cake is VERY popular in Russia(but it is not the symbol of the country). It is 'roulet'. It costs about 0,7 evro. It is wonderful how TLSP thought about smal details!!! And there was no bear at all in the video!!! Only I have not ever seen the tank in the street, But I live not in Moscow so everything may be...
apple
Brianstorm

Postby alma » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:09 pm

i saw the video o mtv adria the other day, and i couldnt belive my eyes, because they only play stupid music like slovenian-pop and music from the 90's :?

though they had an uk indie top 10, once, and first place was supposed to be teddy picker, but just as the song started the picture froze and the next second the show was over... typical :evil:
now that we're here, we may as well go too far...
alma
Three figure posting!

Location: pretty shitty place in the middle of nowhere (Bosnia & Herzegovina)

Postby arctic ana » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:36 pm

hehe...mtv adria is obviously improving... :D
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby murf » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:12 am

get a grip people its only music do like the song though
murf

Postby Glyn Jones » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:28 am

murf wrote:get a grip people its only music do like the song though

get a grip on what? and it might ONLY! be music to you, :evil: but music is a main factor in my life and i owe alot to it.
Glyn Jones

Postby 7ismyluckynumber » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:56 pm

You might tell me to 'get a grip', but I'm going to rant coz everyone else is.
I hate that most people only listen/like music played on the radio nowadays. People will say 'oh, i love that song!' (even when they really don't) just coz they heard it played on the radio. And then they won't listen to anything unless it's on the radio.
Example: my friend Cynthia told me she liked linkin park, so when i went over to her house i brought a linkin park album that we could listen to. the first thing she did was ask 'what is this?' with a really disgusted look on her face. turned out she didn't really like linkin park, she just heard one of their songs on the radio and liked it.
Problem with radio is they only play 'popular' songs and songs are only 'popular' in the first place coz they're on the radio. It's like a never ending vicious circle. Plus, anything they play on the radio that is actually good ends up becoming extremely over-rated.
Another thing that bothers me is when people say they listen to a band when they only really know a couple of their songs. That's not listening to a band. In fact, i was talking about AM the other day and Dan said 'oh, arctic monkeys, i listen to them'. I asked him what his favorite song was and he responded 'well i only know one'. Then you don't listen to arctic monkeys, Dan.
Have I done something to trigger the funny looks and the sniggers?
7ismyluckynumber
Three figure posting!

Postby Glyn Jones » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:42 am

here! here!
Glyn Jones

Postby Glyn Jones » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:43 am

here! here!
Glyn Jones

Postby 7ismyluckynumber » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Thanks for agreeing.
It's good to know not everybody thinks I'm crazy.
[smilie=row__573.gif]
Have I done something to trigger the funny looks and the sniggers?
7ismyluckynumber
Three figure posting!

PreviousNext

Return to Latest Arctic Monkeys News