Andy Nicholson....more info

Latest News on the Arctic Monkeys
(Viewable on arctic-monkeys.com)

Andy Nicholson....more info

Postby arctic » Mon May 19, 2008 10:52 pm

Andy has revealed some more information about his new band, which now seems to be called Mongrel.
According to Digital Spy;

<blockquote>The band are currently working on an album at London's Dean Street Studios and are expected to tour later this year.

Talking about his new group's sound, he told NME: "Mongrel is something you can't pigeonhole - there's dub tunes, reggae tunes and dancey tunes."</blockquote>

Nicholson formed a new group earlier this year with The Reverend, Babyshambles' Drew McConnell and rapper Lowkey.

He also confirmed that former bandmate Matt Helders would be playing drums for the project.

Sounds rubbish. Hopefully it's better than the <a href='http://www.myspace.com/lordsofflatbush'>Lords of Flatbush</a> eh Andy.....
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby josefettwalker » Tue May 20, 2008 2:41 am

sounds interesting, hope it's good
All you people are vampires
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby naughtymate » Wed May 21, 2008 9:13 am

what is happening here?
everyone's having a side project? will you please concentrate on the arctic monkeys already? please... and damn, my page is still in some alien language. urgh.
<i>'They always offer when there's loads of love around But when you're short of some, it's nowhere to be found' </i> no buses
naughtymate
Brianstorm

Postby arctic ana » Wed May 21, 2008 6:22 pm

hm...don't know what to think.can't wait to hear it and see if it's any good.for now,it just sounds different...
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby MACSTA » Mon May 26, 2008 2:57 am

i have no frakin idea wat to thik about this and i agree with above posts just focus on the monkeys i long for moar
MACSTA

Postby arctic » Tue May 27, 2008 6:10 pm

naughtymate wrote:what is happening here?
everyone's having a side project? will you please concentrate on the arctic monkeys already? please... and damn, my page is still in some alien language. urgh.

Do you realise how silly that sounds.
It's not an alien language, it's actually a foreign language. The board resets it's language to the last person who logged in. Whatever language they speak it changes to theirs.
Personally I think this relates to the Arctic Monkeys as their first album still exists and therefore Andy's name is still linked to the band.

AND the Arctic Monkeys are doing fuck all as a band at the moment.
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stinkipete » Thu May 29, 2008 9:11 pm

correct

they're doing nothing, i was thinking about this today actually, and it's kind of for the best. it takes some of the media attention off of them, which can never be a bad thing.
Alex Turner has made me want a short-scale guitar.
stinkipete
Brianstorm

Postby 7ismyluckynumber » Fri May 30, 2008 2:09 pm

arctic ana wrote:hm...don't know what to think.can't wait to hear it and see if it's any good.for now,it just sounds different...

From what I've heard in news, it sounds like it's going to be very different. Though I think funky would be a more appropriate word. I'm still interested anyway.
Have I done something to trigger the funny looks and the sniggers?
7ismyluckynumber
Three figure posting!

Postby naughtymate » Sat May 31, 2008 8:12 am

arctic wrote:
naughtymate wrote:what is happening here?

Do you realise how silly that sounds.
It's not an alien language, it's actually a foreign language. The board resets it's language to the last person who logged in. Whatever language they speak it changes to theirs.
Personally I think this relates to the Arctic Monkeys as their first album still exists and therefore Andy's name is still linked to the band.

AND the Arctic Monkeys are doing fuck all as a band at the moment.

woah, chill. didn't mean to anger anyone with that.
<i>'They always offer when there's loads of love around But when you're short of some, it's nowhere to be found' </i> no buses
naughtymate
Brianstorm

-

Postby kel » Sat May 31, 2008 10:12 am

I Met Andy last night after a Reverend and the Makers gig !
kel

Postby Ritz-To-The-Riot » Sat May 31, 2008 11:58 am

This is kinda like the band that played at LMHR last month, had Drew from Babyshambles, The Rev, Andy and some others. They were ok, nothing to shit yourself over though
Ritz-To-The-Riot
Put your dukes up!

Return to Latest Arctic Monkeys News