BBC Newsnight Review...Sure is...

Latest News on the Arctic Monkeys
(Viewable on arctic-monkeys.com)

BBC Newsnight Review...Sure is...

Postby arctic » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:37 am

If you thought that the Arctic Monkeys were big, you were wrong.
They are HUGE. Tonight, the new Arctic Monkeys album was reviewed on...BBC's Newsnight Review.

Yes, thats right, the BBC old mans program, the program which discusses politics and the news from the day/week, well, they reviewed WPSIATWIN.

Overall review, same old same old, great lyrics etc etc.

They also commented on the talents of Matt Helders (Drummer) "That guy can lay down a beat I could listen too" " Yes, it reminds me of the old rock 'n' roll from my day".

They are actual comments from Newsnight Review (speaking from memory)

So, Monkey mania has really hit the BBC now, Jools Holland and now Newsnight Review, what next? Breakfast with frost? Possibly.

----------------------------------------------------

The Arctic Monkeys, a four piece indie-rock outfit from Sheffield, were the most hyped band of 2005.

Alex Turner, Jamie Cook, Andy Nicholson and Matthew Helders built their reputation by releasing samples on the internet.

Although unsigned until June 2005 when they were picked up by Domino, their Reading and Leeds festival appearances were packed with fans who already knew all their lyrics.

Their first single, I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor, went to number one in the singles charts in October 2005 and critics raved about their spiky, witty lyrics and catchy hooks.

With sell out gigs at the end of the year, including at London Astoria, a wider fan base is now waiting to see if their first album can live up to expectations.

# WHATEVER PEOPLE SAY I AM, THAT'S WHAT I'M NOT IS RELEASED ON THE DOMINO LABEL JANUARY 23RD

Saw it on BBC, looked it up <a href=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/review/4628862.stm>here</a>
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Latest Arctic Monkeys News