Are they EVER coming to Toads?

Been to a gig lately and want to tell the world!?
Then this is the place to post your pictures, videos and recordings to show the talents of the band.

Moderator: Moderators

Are they EVER coming to Toads?

Postby Natalie1690 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:32 pm

I desperatley need to see Arctic Monkeys live in person. Are they ever coming to Toad's in CT, USA?????
Natalie1690
My first post!

Postby surrey_casual » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:41 pm

maybe maybe maybe, check when they start ther new us tour, they will tour uk after reading/leeds, so bout october time prob. you may have to travel though..

peace
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby Lizzi » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:13 pm

I think the next North American tour is gonna be next year... so keep checking their offish site!
Lizzi

Postby Ritz-To-The-Riot » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:51 pm

surrey_casual wrote:maybe maybe maybe, check when they start ther new us tour, they will tour uk after reading/leeds, so bout october time prob. you may have to travel though..

peace

I thought they were going to start their new album after reading/leeds...:?
Ritz-To-The-Riot
Put your dukes up!

Postby Lizzi » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:18 pm

Ritz-To-The-Riot wrote:
surrey_casual wrote:maybe maybe maybe, check when they start ther new us tour, they will tour uk after reading/leeds, so bout october time prob. you may have to travel though..

peace

I thought they were going to start their new album after reading/leeds...:?

they are. scott was prolly drunk or high when he wrote that... :roll:
Lizzi

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:11 am

Lizzi wrote:I think the next North American tour is gonna be next year... so keep checking their offish site!

Check every day until next year. I wonder if they'll play big clubs next time? That would just suck.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Space Invader » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:51 am

one step bigger from Carling Academy Glasgow is the concert hall at SECC, which sucks pretty bad cus its so big and impersonal - only good for seeing huge bands with huge shows

but if they play the same venues, they might feel as if they haven't progressed at all

ALSO what songs do you think they will drop in favour of new tracks after their second album? or will their shows get longer?
Space Invader

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:03 am

Space Invader wrote:one step bigger from Carling Academy Glasgow is the concert hall at SECC, which sucks pretty bad cus its so big and impersonal - only good for seeing huge bands with huge shows

but if they play the same venues, they might feel as if they haven't progressed at all

ALSO what songs do you think they will drop in favour of new tracks after their second album? or will their shows get longer?

Hopefully mardy bum. I don't like that live. I think they keep the View from the Afternoon for a while, and basically all their singles.

I think next tour it'd be cool if they switch it up more, instead of playing the same show every night. I know they like to have a set thing, but since they have more songs who knows. Plus I'll see more than once if I can, it'd be nice to hear different songs.

I think big shows are good and bad. I mean if they go bigger I won't end up spending 50$ on a ticket because it sold out in like a day. But I think big for the U.K and big for America are a little different. I think if they played TLA in Phila. which holds like 500 I'd say, that would be "big" compaired to where I saw them in Phila.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lizzi » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:47 am

AlisonFasheeta wrote:
Space Invader wrote:one step bigger from Carling Academy Glasgow is the concert hall at SECC, which sucks pretty bad cus its so big and impersonal - only good for seeing huge bands with huge shows

Hopefully mardy bum. I don't like that live. I think they keep the View from the Afternoon for a while, and basically all their singles.

I think next tour it'd be cool if they switch it up more, instead of playing the same show every night. I know they like to have a set thing, but since they have more songs who knows. Plus I'll see more than once if I can, it'd be nice to hear different songs.

I think big shows are good and bad. I mean if they go bigger I won't end up spending 50$ on a ticket because it sold out in like a day. But I think big for the U.K and big for America are a little different. I think if they played TLA in Phila. which holds like 500 I'd say, that would be "big" compaired to where I saw them in Phila.

YOU SAW THEM IN A PLACE WHERE IT WAS LESS THAN 500 PEOPLE???

I am soooooooooo driving down to yer place next tour then! oh my!!! it was 1200 the first time i saw them, and 1800 the next... fuck 500 would be brilliant!!!

I love small places.. more intimate...

and i say they'll drop You prolly couldn't see, riot van... too bad about you prolly couldn't see cos i love that track.. or maybe they'll play for more than an hour
Lizzi

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:26 am

Lizzi wrote:
AlisonFasheeta wrote:

YOU SAW THEM IN A PLACE WHERE IT WAS LESS THAN 500 PEOPLE???

I am soooooooooo driving down to yer place next tour then! oh my!!! it was 1200 the first time i saw them, and 1800 the next... fuck 500 would be brilliant!!!

I love small places.. more intimate...

and i say they'll drop You prolly couldn't see, riot van... too bad about you prolly couldn't see cos i love that track.. or maybe they'll play for more than an hour

I've been trying to find out the actual capacity of the Starlight Ballroom, but in comparison to other clubs where I know the capacity. Definitely less than 500, cause Monks in Baltimore it was 1000, and Starlight was less than half of that. Can guarantee it won't be that way next time around.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lizzi » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:16 pm

lucky ass!

they day they will play the bell center (which is like the biggest here in montreal) will be the day i will be really really sad....

i want them to continue playing small venues... even if, to satisfy the demand, they have to play two nights in a row....
Lizzi

Postby Ritz-To-The-Riot » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:02 pm

I hope they come to brighton next tour
Ritz-To-The-Riot
Put your dukes up!

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:13 pm

Lizzi wrote:lucky ass!

they day they will play the bell center (which is like the biggest here in montreal) will be the day i will be really really sad....

i want them to continue playing small venues... even if, to satisfy the demand, they have to play two nights in a row....

I'm fine with two nights in a row, don't think they would do that though. I mean if there wasn't any other clubs, maybe, but in my area there's plenty of big venues, so that basically sucks.
AlisonFasheeta

Return to Arctic Monkeys Gigs!