pukkelpop (belgium)

Been to a gig lately and want to tell the world!?
Then this is the place to post your pictures, videos and recordings to show the talents of the band.

Moderator: Moderators

pukkelpop (belgium)

Postby A Certain Girl » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:08 pm

yesterday the arctic monkeys played on pukkelpop (festival) in belgium, and they were so great. i saw them for the first time live and they're even better than on the cd :) i hope to see them soon again. did anyone else see them there?
A Certain Girl
Lurker

Postby arctic » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:15 pm

Glad you enjoyed the show.
Better than the Japenese I hope lol
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby The french way » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:07 pm

people said that was pretty good on another forum. I bet it was! but the person who made the review is just stupid, so... She said the DPTs were shit. And the she doubted the Monkeys would have a long career. Fuck her.
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Re: pukkelpop (belgium)

Postby surrey_casual » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:04 pm

A Certain Girl wrote:yesterday the arctic monkeys played on pukkelpop (festival) in belgium, and they were so great. i saw them for the first time live and they're even better than on the cd :) i hope to see them soon again. did anyone else see them there?

sounds like a good place for a festival, other artists were?
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Re: pukkelpop (belgium)

Postby The french way » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:08 pm

surrey_casual wrote:
A Certain Girl wrote:yesterday the arctic monkeys played on pukkelpop (festival) in belgium, and they were so great. i saw them for the first time live and they're even better than on the cd :) i hope to see them soon again. did anyone else see them there?

sounds like a good place for a festival, other artists were?

Other artists were: Radiohead, Beck, Dirty Pretty Things, Babyshambles were announced but ahem *cough*they didnt make it*cough*, Scissors Sisters, the Raconteurs and a brilliant version of Bang bang (my baby shot me down), Keane, Massive Attack, Arctic Monkeys of course, Eagles of Death Metal, Placebo, Daft Punk, Snow Patrol, Be your Own Pet... as far as I were told.
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby A Certain Girl » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:38 pm

Beck was there and it was very good very good (i only saw the last part), Radiohead was fantastic, great show, Baby Shambles were already announced for the second time (last year they didn't come either) Shame on you Pete! :? :) Keane was pretty good too, and Placebo was great! The guys of Snow Patrol lost their instruments at Heathrow airport, and they played a short acoustic set of 20 minutes. Just two of the band with a guitar :) And then saturday, the last day, the concert I was waiting for, the arctic monkeys :) great atmosphere in the crowd!
A Certain Girl
Lurker

Postby surrey_casual » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:25 am

might do this next year then, how was the whether? decent? shite?
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby A Certain Girl » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:02 pm

The weather was quite good (for Belgium) except during the monkeys, but i was so close to the stage and i had been waiting the whole festival to see them so i didn't really care that is was raining so much. I didn't have a sweater or coat with me and I was so wet. But except for that hour the weather was ok 8)
A Certain Girl
Lurker

Postby Space Invader » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:53 pm

I might go / try to go to Pukklepop or Roskilde next year depending on money and mates... they sound amazing and had amazing line-ups this year... 170 bands at Roskilde!
Space Invader

Postby bloody_hamster » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:31 pm

Buahahah... I have never saw their show... I thik that they won't go to Poland...
bloody_hamster
Despair in the forum lounge

Return to Arctic Monkeys Gigs!