Montreal, May 12th 2007

Been to a gig lately and want to tell the world!?
Then this is the place to post your pictures, videos and recordings to show the talents of the band.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby arctic ana » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:45 pm

...and i'm here sad in croatia... :(
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby Lizzi » Sun May 06, 2007 11:42 pm

Next Saturday :D

I'm starting to be excited for the gig...
Lizzi

Postby The french way » Mon May 07, 2007 5:00 pm

yeaaaah 8)
who' s opening, lizzi?
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby Lizzi » Tue May 08, 2007 1:41 am

Be your own pet.... :( wish it was Milburn... imagine, the monks AND milburn on my bday! fucking awesome!

Tho i cant wait to see just how much energy Jemina has...
Lizzi

Postby surrey_casual » Tue May 08, 2007 1:46 pm

hey it could be worse lizzi. it could of been gas club and little overrated flames.

be your own pet, interersting to see what there next material will be like.
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby Lizzi » Tue May 08, 2007 5:03 pm

surrey_casual wrote:hey it could be worse lizzi. it could of been gas club and little overrated flames.

be your own pet, interersting to see what there next material will be like.

I dont even know much of their material... i like fire department tho... love when she squeaks! hahaha!
but yeah, it could have been worse... Art brut like.... :( If the music sucks, then i am hoping the energy on stage will compensate it... but i expect good stuff from byop it's just milburn would have been ass kicking! or Bromheads! ooooooh bromheads would have been good...
Lizzi

Postby Lizzi » Fri May 11, 2007 11:06 pm

Very random discovery I made:

Anyone of you remember the bit of interview where Jamie said he'd like to make enough money so he can get Norah jones to come and sing him to sleep?

Well well well... The monkeys are in town in Montreal tomorrow and so is Norah Jones! :milton: I just thought it was a funny coincidence, that's all.... and I wanted to share that with you lot.
Lizzi

Postby josefettwalker » Fri May 11, 2007 11:28 pm

:milton: :milton: hey tomorrow is a great day for u!!!
All you people are vampires
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby Lizzi » Sat May 12, 2007 12:49 am

josefettwalker wrote::milton: :milton: hey tomorrow is a great day for u!!!

Sure is... what were the odds, eh? :wink:
Lizzi

Postby josefettwalker » Sat May 12, 2007 5:16 am

Lizzi wrote:

yeah!! really lucky, it must be great to have arctic monkeys playing in your birthday
All you people are vampires
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby Lizzi » Sat May 12, 2007 2:47 pm

josefettwalker wrote:
Lizzi wrote:

yeah!! really lucky, it must be great to have arctic monkeys playing in your birthday

Sure is.

IT'S TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[smilie=row3_7.gif] [smilie=row__469.gif] [smilie=row__596.gif]
Lizzi

Postby Sofie » Sat May 12, 2007 2:53 pm

Lucky you ! :D and happy birthday
Sofie
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby Lizzi » Sat May 12, 2007 3:27 pm

Sofie wrote:Lucky you ! :D and happy birthday

Cheers Sofie! That's very sweet of you. :D
Lizzi

Postby Lizzi » Sun May 13, 2007 4:02 pm

Alrighty then!

Back from the gig, had a good night of sleep. Got no pix for you this time (couldn't be arsed) tho from where I was standing I sooooooooooo should have brought my digit cam.... Here it goes:

Arrived at 18.00, got in line. Doors were opening at 19.00 and gig was starting at 20.00. Until I saw a mom coming with her teenage girl, I am sure I was the oldest in line - even tho I look like a 20 years old. As we started to get closer to the entry door, we noticed some papers on the window saying no alcohol would be sold, that the AM were sorry, they were told at last minute.... what a disapointment! Anyway, made our way inside, bought a tshirt - it has the famous pinguin and it's as blue as the forum (no kidding). lol! We then decided to head for the balcony. Got a place about in front of Nick, first row.

Be your own pet came on stage, played one song and some stupid wankers behind us started to yell for the Arctic Monkeys :roll: Jemina was as energetic as she can be. The bassist of the band didn't like us tho. He said at one point: Toronto's crowd was better... Idiot! Don't think he should have said that, but then I would have done the same if I had had ppl screaming for the Arctic Monkeys.

Then it took 30-40 minutes before the Monkeys came on stage. Started with a tune i don't know then stopped in the middle and continued with Brianstorm. I don't remember the tunes in order, but off the new alb, they played Brianstorm, Teddy picker (that tune is growing on me), D is for dangerous, Balaclava, Fluorescent Adolescent, Do me a favour (my fave of the whole gig), If you were there, beware and Old yellow bricks. Inbetween those, they played A view from the afternoon, I bet you look good, Fake tales, Dancing shoes, You probably couldn't see...., Still take you home, When the sun goes down, From the ritz to the rubble and they closed the gig with A certain Romance.

Loved the lighting.

Nick was wearing that big striped black and white jumper - dirty boy. He was really, really good on the bass.

I thought Alex didn't quite sound like himself at first. I dunno it wasn't his normal voice... maybe he has a flue...

Jamie... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Jamie... He was wearing a shirt :oops: that's when I realised that I should have gone down the front of the stage! hahaha! Aside from that, he was bril. I have a mate who was down the front of the stage, straight in front of Alex actually and at one point 8 ppl were crowdsurfing and my mate told me that Jamie went: :shock: then. So I think he was quite impressed by the crowd.

As for Matt.... I can't find words to describe how on fire he was on the drums! Really, you hear the new album and you think: meh, he can't play that alone - he'd need 4 arms.... Well he surely plays that alone and boy is he good at it! Seriously, after the gig, he must have sore arms! lol!

That's it. I am now suffering from post-gig depression, so I'll probably spend the whole day listening to the album...

Again, best bday ever! :D
Lizzi

Postby Stoki » Sun May 13, 2007 4:18 pm

Lizzi, you had such a great birthday, I'm soo happy for you :D

and I wish you every birthday like that :D
We are so young we don't understand if we cannot fly...
Stoki
I don't wear a Balaclava

PreviousNext

Return to Arctic Monkeys Gigs!