Montreal, May 12th 2007

Been to a gig lately and want to tell the world!?
Then this is the place to post your pictures, videos and recordings to show the talents of the band.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Lizzi » Sun May 13, 2007 6:33 pm

Stoki wrote:Lizzi, you had such a great birthday, I'm soo happy for you :D

and I wish you every birthday like that :D

haha! If only that could happen every year... I'd be blessed.

I forgot to say they also played This house is a circus... there! :D
Lizzi

Postby surrey_casual » Sun May 13, 2007 6:40 pm

Lizzi wrote:Alrighty then!

Back from the gig, had a good night of sleep. Got no pix for you this time (couldn't be arsed) tho from where I was standing I sooooooooooo should have brought my digit cam.... Here it goes:

Arrived at 18.00, got in line. Doors were opening at 19.00 and gig was starting at 20.00. Until I saw a mom coming with her teenage girl, I am sure I was the oldest in line - even tho I look like a 20 years old. As we started to get closer to the entry door, we noticed some papers on the window saying no alcohol would be sold, that the AM were sorry, they were told at last minute.... what a disapointment! Anyway, made our way inside, bought a tshirt - it has the famous pinguin and it's as blue as the forum (no kidding). lol! We then decided to head for the balcony. Got a place about in front of Nick, first row.

Be your own pet came on stage, played one song and some stupid wankers behind us started to yell for the Arctic Monkeys :roll: Jemina was as energetic as she can be. The bassist of the band didn't like us tho. He said at one point: Toronto's crowd was better... Idiot! Don't think he should have said that, but then I would have done the same if I had had ppl screaming for the Arctic Monkeys.

Then it took 30-40 minutes before the Monkeys came on stage. Started with a tune i don't know then stopped in the middle and continued with Brianstorm. I don't remember the tunes in order, but off the new alb, they played Brianstorm, Teddy picker (that tune is growing on me), D is for dangerous, Balaclava, Fluorescent Adolescent, Do me a favour (my fave of the whole gig), If you were there, beware and Old yellow bricks. Inbetween those, they played A view from the afternoon, I bet you look good, Fake tales, Dancing shoes, You probably couldn't see...., Still take you home, When the sun goes down, From the ritz to the rubble and they closed the gig with A certain Romance.

Loved the lighting.

Nick was wearing that big striped black and white jumper - dirty boy. He was really, really good on the bass.

I thought Alex didn't quite sound like himself at first. I dunno it wasn't his normal voice... maybe he has a flue...

Jamie... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Jamie... He was wearing a shirt :oops: that's when I realised that I should have gone down the front of the stage! hahaha! Aside from that, he was bril. I have a mate who was down the front of the stage, straight in front of Alex actually and at one point 8 ppl were crowdsurfing and my mate told me that Jamie went: :shock: then. So I think he was quite impressed by the crowd.

As for Matt.... I can't find words to describe how on fire he was on the drums! Really, you hear the new album and you think: meh, he can't play that alone - he'd need 4 arms.... Well he surely plays that alone and boy is he good at it! Seriously, after the gig, he must have sore arms! lol!

That's it. I am now suffering from post-gig depression, so I'll probably spend the whole day listening to the album...

Again, best bday ever! :D

8)
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby josefettwalker » Sun May 13, 2007 7:09 pm

wow that must have been a great birthday :D can't wait for them to come to mexico
All you people are vampires
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby Sofie » Sun May 13, 2007 8:24 pm

Lizzi Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:01 pm

That's it. I am now suffering from post-gig depression, so I'll probably spend the whole day listening to the album...

post-gig depression. what a great expression :milton: i'll add that to my vocabulary, a spot on description of the feeling i had after the am concert.
Sofie
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby Lizzi » Sun May 13, 2007 8:26 pm

Sofie wrote:
Lizzi Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:01 pm

post-gig depression. what a great expression :milton: i'll add that to my vocabulary, a spot on description of the feeling i had after the am concert.

such a horrible feeling tho. if i were to see them in 5 months, it would be different, cos i'd be looking forward to that, but it's not sure if i am going to see them in 5 months.... so... post-gig depression ahead.
Lizzi

Postby surrey_casual » Sun May 13, 2007 8:37 pm

you lot are weird, post gig depression. man, im so hyped up after a gig, its unreal!!!

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby Lizzi » Sun May 13, 2007 8:39 pm

surrey_casual wrote:you lot are weird, post gig depression. man, im so hyped up after a gig, its unreal!!!

Me too, I listened to the monks all day. but the post-gig depression is about seeing them play and being there... dont you wish they'd never stop playing? That's what the post gig dep is about.
Lizzi

Postby Sofie » Sun May 13, 2007 8:42 pm

yes and the feeling that what you've been looking forward to for weeks or months has just passed in two hours
Sofie
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby surrey_casual » Sun May 13, 2007 8:45 pm

hmmmmm, im really different then, cos i just love it, i boast to all my mates down the pub and at work the next day. i have no post gig depression. the post moment depresssion i have ever had was after i went to ibiza.

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby Lizzi » Sun May 13, 2007 8:48 pm

you're lucky then.
or maybe its because you just go to a lot of gigs... maybe we wouldn't have post gig dep if we went to a gig a month....
Lizzi

Postby surrey_casual » Sun May 13, 2007 8:51 pm

Lizzi wrote:you're lucky then.
or maybe its because you just go to a lot of gigs... maybe we wouldn't have post gig dep if we went to a gig a month....

aye, maybe maybe. i dont have to look forward to a gig i suppose living in london as there are so many a week. i really feel for you. move to england!!

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby Lizzi » Sun May 13, 2007 8:55 pm

surrey_casual wrote:

aye, maybe maybe. i dont have to look forward to a gig i suppose living in london as there are so many a week. i really feel for you. move to england!!

Don't say that... there's a job open at Crawley for CAE and I am pondering over applying or not... Would be great, but I can't cos I have to stay in the same job for a year... and it's only been 4 months... Who knows, maybe next year, there will be a job opening for Crawley!

Here in Mtl, we have a lot of gigs as well, but they're not worth it imo. lol! so i don't go.
Lizzi

Postby surrey_casual » Sun May 13, 2007 8:57 pm

Lizzi wrote:
surrey_casual wrote:

Don't say that... there's a job open at Crawley for CAE and I am pondering over applying or not... Would be great, but I can't cos I have to stay in the same job for a year... and it's only been 4 months... Who knows, maybe next year, there will be a job opening for Crawley!

Here in Mtl, we have a lot of gigs as well, but they're not worth it imo. lol! so i don't go.

i live about 20 mins from crawley. its right bang in the middle of london and brighton. prime location! :wink:

go for it. if it doesnt work out move back!

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby josefettwalker » Sun May 13, 2007 8:57 pm

yeah!! moving to england would be great!! i'd like to study there, and go to the gigs of the great bands you have there
All you people are vampires
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby Lizzi » Sun May 13, 2007 9:01 pm

I bet if we moved there, with all the bands, we'd run out of money sooner than expected.
Lizzi

PreviousNext

Return to Arctic Monkeys Gigs!