Arctic Monkeys Leadmill tonight!

Been to a gig lately and want to tell the world!?
Then this is the place to post your pictures, videos and recordings to show the talents of the band.

Moderator: Moderators

Arctic Monkeys Leadmill tonight!

Postby MonkeyMania » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:14 pm

Im not trying to rub it in but tonight im off to the leadmill to see the arctic monkeys on the last gig of the current current tour! N i cant bluddy wait! Il be back wi a gig review n also the album because they are opening HMV and Fopp records at midnight so we can buy it! So if anoyone cant wait any longer then thats the earliest you can get it! Im feelin so chuffed cos apparntly the chances of gettin a leadmill ticket were like 30/50,000! Mental!
Il try n get sum snaps videos if i can, there also a rumour that mr dizzee rascal will make an appearance for this gigwi it being the last!
www.jimbostudios.com PODCASTING IRRELEVANT MATERIAL
MonkeyMania
Brianstorm

Postby MonkeyMania » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:17 am

Well it was mental i tell ya mental! They were brilliant! And they did 505 at the end which was special cos it was like an encore and they got the keyboard set up for alex turner to play on while on!

However cos of the way the tickets were distributed with the lottery stlye draw it didnt seem like as much of a homecoming as there were people from different places there n also a lot of older people, but it was still brilliant!

I was the first to crowd surf which im proud of, not many people did it tho! I did it 3 times, after the 2nd time i could tell the bouncers were getting a little annoyed wi me BUT now i cant quite believe this being a mad Reverend and Makers fan myself, the Reverend was in the crowd cos i realised i wa standing next to him n i sed hello n asked about his leadmill gig in may n he was saying its going to be mental, then he asked if i wanted to crowd surf! So he picked me up on his shoulders! The Reverend! Couldnt believe it! So then the boucners were really pissed off and had a go at me! Also i noiticed that the Reverend co-wrote Old Yellow Bricks wi Turner! So an interesting fact for you there!

Towards the end it was really stuffy in there an even Alex Turner on stage appeared to be strugglin but he battled through!

Went to a bar after waiting till midnight to go and buy the album from Fopp records bought it (got a free poster) and played it on the car on the way home! Its brilliant! (Wasnt drink drivin by the way i was on coke)

Anyways thats all thanks for readin if you read it! If you just glanced upon, gazed over it or skimmed through it then thankyou also, im not discriminating against the glances wanna make that known! Altho if u are gazing or glancing your probly not readin this bit, so its a lost cause!
MonkeyMania
Brianstorm

Postby arctic ana » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:16 pm

nice story,glad that you had a great time. :D
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby Sofie » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:55 pm

wow sounds brilliant ! you're really lucky! :D will you post some pictures, please?
Sofie
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby MonkeyMania » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:27 pm

Sofie wrote:wow sounds brilliant ! you're really lucky! :D will you post some pictures, please?

I didnt get any pictures myself i was getting too involved, my mate got a few but they were very blurred but ive been searching on the net and found sum good ones on this site

http://www.whoppers-website.com/Arctic-Monkeys-at-The-Leadmill-Sheffield-22nd-April-2007
MonkeyMania
Brianstorm

Postby Lizzi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:05 pm

MonkeyMania wrote:(Wasnt drink drivin by the way i was on coke)

I really hope you mean the fuzzy drink! hahaha!

Moved the topic by the way. :wink:

Glad to see you enjoyed it and that you even stood next to the Rev! brilliant
Lizzi

Return to Arctic Monkeys Gigs!