Sheffield (Sunday)

Been to a gig lately and want to tell the world!?
Then this is the place to post your pictures, videos and recordings to show the talents of the band.

Moderator: Moderators

Sheffield (Sunday)

Postby arctic » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:01 pm

For fucks sake I should be there, instead I'm sat here doing naff all!

Arctic Monkeys, you have let me down big time.
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby chrissmith999 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:24 pm

how have the let u down?
chrissmith999
Three figure posting!

Re: Sheffield (Sunday)

Postby Lizzi » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:26 pm

arctic wrote:For fucks sake I should be there, instead I'm sat here doing naff all!

Arctic Monkeys, you have let me down big time.

Wow, why in hell don't you have tickets? What the fuck happened???
You know you should come see them here... there are surely tickets still available... enjoy your HDtv! :milton:
If yer bored, get on msn mate!
Lizzi

Postby dj_fisher » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:58 pm

Just back, and unfortunatly mark had to pick me up and could not make it.

Set list as follows;

If you found this its prob too late
brianstorm
Still take you home
Ritz to rubble
Balaclava
I bet that you look good on the dancefloor
Teady Picker
Do me a favour
Mardy Bum
Fake tales...
This house is a circus
If you where there, beware
A view from the arfternoon
You prob.. couldnt see...
Scummy man
Leave before the lights cum on
a certain romance

Encore!

A real good set, expected a few more new ones, but not let down. They looked like there were enjoying it more than just playing, compared to last year. Helders, amazing druming, hitting a lot harder this year. Nick settled in fine, looks part of the band now.

Gas club, a little dissapointing.

Little flames, excelent, improved a lot form last year (had a good chat with the basist, nice lad :D )

Something i didnt know, Mike (i think) from little flames played on the last track, 505.
dj_fisher

Postby dj_fisher » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

A few pics and vids, not excelent though.

Alex

Nick

Vids
<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vid62.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/dj_fisher/am222.flv"></embed>
<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vid62.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/dj_fisher/am22.flv"></embed>
dj_fisher

Postby MonkeyMania » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:34 am

POSTED ALREADY BUT IL POP IT IN THIS GIG THREAD AS WELL!

Well it was mental i tell ya mental! They were brilliant! And they did 505 at the end which was special cos it was like an encore and they got the keyboard set up for alex turner to play on while on!

However cos of the way the tickets were distributed with the lottery stlye draw it didnt seem like as much of a homecoming as there were people from different places there n also a lot of older people, but it was still brilliant!

I was the first to crowd surf which im proud of, not many people did it tho! I did it 3 times, after the 2nd time i could tell the bouncers were getting a little annoyed wi me BUT now i cant quite believe this being a mad Reverend and Makers fan myself, the Reverend was in the crowd cos i realised i wa standing next to him n i sed hello n asked about his leadmill gig in may n he was saying its going to be mental, then he asked if i wanted to crowd surf! So he picked me up on his shoulders! The Reverend! Couldnt believe it! So then the boucners were really pissed off and had a go at me! Also i noiticed that the Reverend co-wrote Old Yellow Bricks wi Turner! So an interesting fact for you there!

Towards the end it was really stuffy in there an even Alex Turner on stage appeared to be strugglin but he battled through!

Went to a bar after waiting till midnight to go and buy the album from Fopp records bought it (got a free poster) and played it on the car on the way home! Its brilliant! (Wasnt drink drivin by the way i was on coke)

Anyways thats all thanks for readin if you read it! If you just glanced upon, gazed over it or skimmed through it then thankyou also, im not discriminating against the glances wanna make that known! Altho if u are gazing or glancing your probly not readin this bit, so its a lost cause!
www.jimbostudios.com PODCASTING IRRELEVANT MATERIAL
MonkeyMania
Brianstorm

Postby arctic ana » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:47 pm

i'm glad for you two! :)
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby The french way » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:44 pm

arctic wrote:For fucks sake I should be there, instead I'm sat here doing naff all!

was there any need for that language?

:roll:
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby Rhododendron » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:51 pm

The french way wrote:

:roll:

LOL. :milton: :milton: :milton: :milton:
Go ahead and play the blues if it makes you happy.
Rhododendron
I'm going back to 505

Postby Lizzi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:08 pm

The french way wrote:

I rrrrrrrrrreally think there was need for it yeah... I can imagine how pissing it must be to know they're playing yer city but you don't have a fucking ticket to go! I'd be fuming and would have gone drown me sorrow for sure! I bet that's what Mark did! haha!

dj_fisher wrote:Leave before the lights cum on

Oh God they still play it?? Brilliant!!! That made my day! :D Can't wait!
Lizzi

Postby franlovesalex » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:06 am

Was anyone near the stage door when the band walked past before the gig?
I heard this girl say "wahey" to Alex. she was Gutted she'd not come up with anything more original after!
Amazing gig!
franlovesalex
Lurker

Postby dj_fisher » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:47 am

franlovesalex wrote:Was anyone near the stage door when the band walked past before the gig?
I heard this girl say "wahey" to Alex. she was Gutted she'd not come up with anything more original after!
Amazing gig!

Year i forgot about that, we was stood next to the door (ish) i heard sum1 say, sxuse me, turned round to my right n saw Alex then watched them walk past like :shock: (jaw to the floor) then squeezed Helders bum, hahaha. Total forgot about that.
dj_fisher

Postby Lizzi » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:08 am

dj_fisher wrote:
franlovesalex wrote:Was anyone near the stage door when the band walked past before the gig?
Amazing gig!

Year i forgot about that, we was stood next to the door (ish) i heard sum1 say, sxuse me, turned round to my right n saw Alex then watched them walk past like :shock: (jaw to the floor) then squeezed Helders bum, hahaha. Total forgot about that.

You squeezed Helders' bum? HAHAHHA!!
Lizzi

Postby dj_fisher » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:10 am

Couldnt think what else to do, they passed so quick. Bet helders thought he had pulled until he turned round lol.
dj_fisher

Postby Sofie » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:16 pm

:milton: :milton: :milton:
Sofie
I don't wear a Balaclava

Next

Return to Arctic Monkeys Gigs!