Do you think they will do another UK tour?

Been to a gig lately and want to tell the world!?
Then this is the place to post your pictures, videos and recordings to show the talents of the band.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you think they will do another UK tour?

Postby Ritz-To-The-Riot » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:26 pm

Do you think they're gonna do another UK tour somewhen round the end of the year?? But where people can actually buy tickets rather than by a ballot? I hope so.
Ritz-To-The-Riot
Put your dukes up!

Postby arctic » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:58 pm

I'm pretty sure they will do more dates in the UK, otherwise it's a shit "tour".

I expect they announced a small amount of dates to test the ballot thing, which didn't work one ounce.
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lizzi » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:07 am

hahaha! someone's still pretty angry for the ballot thing. But i agree.

They will surely do another tour of the UK and north america like for the first album...
Lizzi

Postby surrey_casual » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:08 am

arctic wrote:I'm pretty sure they will do more dates in the UK, otherwise it's a shit "tour".

I expect they announced a small amount of dates to test the ballot thing, which didn't work one ounce.

just cos you didnt get a ticket!
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby arctic » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:39 am

surrey_casual wrote:
arctic wrote:I'm pretty sure they will do more dates in the UK, otherwise it's a shit "tour".

just cos you didnt get a ticket!

Not really, it's true, how can 10 announced shows be a tour when two of them are in London and two in London?

It's part of their mainstream approach. They don't need to tour the UK, why would they? They know the album will hit number 1 anyway.
Last edited by arctic on Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sofie » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:39 am

i think they should do it the way they did the copenhagen gig where you had to buy tickets at the venue. That way if you really want a ticket, just show up early. and then the left over tickets (if there are any) can be purchased on the internet or something. I know people who live far away from the venue might think it's stupid, but if it's a tour then most peope should have a fair chance of getting a gig near their town.
Sofie
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby surrey_casual » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:36 pm

Sofie wrote:i think they should do it the way they did the copenhagen gig where you had to buy tickets at the venue. That way if you really want a ticket, just show up early. and then the left over tickets (if there are any) can be purchased on the internet or something. I know people who live far away from the venue might think it's stupid, but if it's a tour then most peope should have a fair chance of getting a gig near their town.

then the touts get all of them! trust me that is not the way to do it.

and arctic, your right, there approach this year is not like, how should we call it.....pre-o'malley? i think its got to the stage now where i stop seeing them, as i have finally realised what its like in the AM camp. there not putting the fans first. if they had played say a venue like ally pally which holds 10000, that would of been good for the fans and a sign that the monkeys are putting fans first instead of sales, but that would also mean a lot of people including myself would not go, because i hate big venues, bigger than brixton anyway.

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby Sofie » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:46 pm

surrey_casual Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:35 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sofie wrote:
i think they should do it the way they did the copenhagen gig where you had to buy tickets at the venue. That way if you really want a ticket, just show up early. and then the left over tickets (if there are any) can be purchased on the internet or something. I know people who live far away from the venue might think it's stupid, but if it's a tour then most peope should have a fair chance of getting a gig near their town.

then the touts get all of them! trust me that is not the way to do it.

Maybe, i don't know, it didn't seem that way in copenhagen... maybe its different in the uk, or maybe i just didnt spot the touts...

how should we call it.....pre-o'malley?

Poor Nick, gets all the blame... :milton:
Sofie
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby surrey_casual » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:59 pm

its very different in the uk, 85000 albums sold on first day. nuff said

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby arctic » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:13 pm

I think more secret-ish shows are the way, announcing them late aswell as dates scheduled early.

If I knew the band were playing in Sheffield like a day or two before they were and tickets were available on the door the day before or somehting, I'd think it was better.

At least then if I missed out on tickets because I was busy or something I'd put it down to my bad luck, rather than allowing a computer to decide whether I'm worthy of going or not.
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby The french way » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:33 pm

Sofie wrote:

thats what i thought... poor guy... :roll:

i have to admit the ballot thing was laaaaaaaaaaaaame. Buying the tickets on the venue is not such a bad idea... i understand your reasons scott but i think it' s not so stupid.
But what do you reckon? more venues in fewer capacities?
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby surrey_casual » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:38 pm

The french way wrote:
Sofie wrote:

thats what i thought... poor guy... :roll:

i have to admit the ballot thing was laaaaaaaaaaaaame. Buying the tickets on the venue is not such a bad idea... i understand your reasons scott but i think it' s not so stupid.
But what do you reckon? more venues in fewer capacities?

not so much fewer capacities. i dont see why they didnt play brixton 3 nights in a row, and say sheffield leadmill, octagon 3/4 nights. there not putting the fans first. end of.

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby Lizzi » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:32 pm

I agree they should keep to small venues, but play 2 or 3 nights in a row.

And I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with the fact Nick is in the band... :roll: :wink:
Lizzi

Postby josefettwalker » Tue May 01, 2007 5:49 am

sure but after coming to mexico :D
All you people are vampires
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby The french way » Tue May 01, 2007 11:55 am

surrey_casual wrote:not so much fewer capacities. i dont see why they didnt play brixton 3 nights in a row, and say sheffield leadmill, octagon 3/4 nights. there not putting the fans first. end of.

yeah... i guess that' s where the libertines were right... :roll:
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Next

Return to Arctic Monkeys Gigs!