new york gig

Been to a gig lately and want to tell the world!?
Then this is the place to post your pictures, videos and recordings to show the talents of the band.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby surrey_casual » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:34 pm

AlisonFasheeta wrote:It's been so long, I forgot how to post! :shock:

I'm going to the show, but not alone. If anyone is lonely, however, I'll be happy to dance with you. :D

It is in Central Park, right? Does anyone know if there is a certain entrance or anything? I'm sure you can't just wonder in or else anyone could just stop and watch the show! And that would be an awful waste of 32 dollars, which is a bit steep anyway.

:shock:

*newsflash*

alison in a post shocker!
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby Lizzi » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:09 am

surrey_casual wrote:

I'm going to the show, but not alone. If anyone is lonely, however, I'll be happy to dance with you. :D

It is in Central Park, right? Does anyone know if there is a certain entrance or anything? I'm sure you can't just wonder in or else anyone could just stop and watch the show! And that would be an awful waste of 32 dollars, which is a bit steep anyway.

*newsflash*

she might also be a one-post shocker!!

hope you'll stick around Alison - been way too long
Lizzi

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:25 am

Lizzi wrote:
surrey_casual wrote:

*newsflash*

I know... I thought you would have forgotten about me! So you said you were going to come to New York soon?? But not in time for monk-age? Sorry to hear, it would have been nice to see each other! Nonetheless at Monks in the beautiful city of New York.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby bellatober » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:58 am

haha we should def meet (well the lucky ones who are going anyways) i like to meet wth actual forumers. since ill be the one in the front (or trying my best to get there) screaming my lungs out it wont be that hard not to locate me =P but if anyone wants to come along and sing along wth me then thats -awesome.
bellatober
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Postby Lizzi » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:12 am

AlisonFasheeta wrote:
Lizzi wrote:
surrey_casual wrote:

*newsflash*

I know... I thought you would have forgotten about me! So you said you were going to come to New York soon?? But not in time for monk-age? Sorry to hear, it would have been nice to see each other! Nonetheless at Monks in the beautiful city of New York.

My NYC trip has been cancel since I am going to the UK for work around the same time and taking a few days off there. Me and my mate wanted to go shopping in NYC, but I'll be doing a bit of shopping in England instead...
Lizzi

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:25 pm

Lizzi wrote:
AlisonFasheeta wrote:
Lizzi wrote:
surrey_casual wrote:

*newsflash*

My NYC trip has been cancel since I am going to the UK for work around the same time and taking a few days off there. Me and my mate wanted to go shopping in NYC, but I'll be doing a bit of shopping in England instead...

You lucky mother. Well it is sad that you won't be coming down this way, however, surely England is a good compensation. I did read about your job in the other thread, but that wasn't until after I wrote this. Good luck anyways, and have fun! :D
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lizzi » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:53 pm

AlisonFasheeta wrote:
Lizzi wrote:
AlisonFasheeta wrote:
Lizzi wrote:
surrey_casual wrote:

*newsflash*

You lucky mother. Well it is sad that you won't be coming down this way, however, surely England is a good compensation. I did read about your job in the other thread, but that wasn't until after I wrote this. Good luck anyways, and have fun! :D

aaaaaaaw i missed our quoting you know?
thanks i am hoping to have a blast actually, even if I am alone. I'll try and find a good camera so I can take looooooooads of pix and home made movies. haha!
i'm glad to see you back tbh. :oops:
Lizzi

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:51 am

Lizzi wrote:
AlisonFasheeta wrote:
Lizzi wrote:
AlisonFasheeta wrote:
Lizzi wrote:
surrey_casual wrote:

*newsflash*

aaaaaaaw i missed our quoting you know?
thanks i am hoping to have a blast actually, even if I am alone. I'll try and find a good camera so I can take looooooooads of pix and home made movies. haha!
i'm glad to see you back tbh. :oops:

Aww, I might just cry. :cry: I'm glad to be back posting again!
AlisonFasheeta

Postby bellatober » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:00 am

this on was the best. voxtrot is pretty decent, the lead sinnger kinda remindede me of alex and the other lead guitarist or something was like jamie. where the lead singer of voxtrot went the guitarist followed. it was adorable!
bellatober
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:13 am

bellatober wrote:this on was the best. voxtrot is pretty decent...
I didn't like them so much. I felt bad though, they were obviously giving it a good shot, but nobody seemed to care. I was sitting on the steps in the back during them, and I was watching everyone. They were just sort of chatting like it was background music.

I thought the Monks, however, were brilliant. Out of the four times I saw them I'd say this was second best, maybe. Alex's voice seemed a bit off in the beginning... and this is the second time I saw them that he forgot the lyrics to When the sun goes down. :roll: Oh well... well done, I say. Well worth dealing with the cab strike for. :D
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lizzi » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:21 am

AlisonFasheeta wrote:
I didn't like them so much. I felt bad though, they were obviously giving it a good shot, but nobody seemed to care. I was sitting on the steps in the back during them, and I was watching everyone. They were just sort of chatting like it was background music.

I thought the Monks, however, were brilliant. Out of the four times I saw them I'd say this was second best, maybe. Alex's voice seemed a bit off in the beginning... and this is the second time I saw them that he forgot the lyrics to When the sun goes down. :roll: Oh well... well done, I say. Well worth dealing with the cab strike for. :D

Had a thought for you when I saw them on me bday in Montreal. BYOP were the opening acts and I don't think they liked us that much... in fact, I think they hated us. Some randomers kept chanting "Arctic Monkeys" during their set and the bassist said something about Toronto's crowd being better... I was so mad at the crowd for not giving them a chance...

I hate it when the crowd just dont seem to give a damn about the opening acts... pisses me off.
Lizzi

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:53 pm

Lizzi wrote:
AlisonFasheeta wrote:

Had a thought for you when I saw them on me bday in Montreal. BYOP were the opening acts and I don't think they liked us that much... in fact, I think they hated us. Some randomers kept chanting "Arctic Monkeys" during their set and the bassist said something about Toronto's crowd being better... I was so mad at the crowd for not giving them a chance...

I hate it when the crowd just dont seem to give a damn about the opening acts... pisses me off.

They opened for them in Philly actually too. And, yes, everyone hated them. Jemina seemed like a bitch about it, she's like "Thanks guys... thanks for nothing." It kind of put me off. As an opening band you have to take the chance that people won't like you. Voxtrot handled it nicely. Or maybe they just didn't realize. :?
AlisonFasheeta

Postby surrey_casual » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:44 pm

BYOP

where have they gone?

i bet there second album flops.
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:14 am

surrey_casual wrote:BYOP

where have they gone?

i bet there second album flops.

They've gone touring for arctic monkeys, and lost their confidence.
AlisonFasheeta

Previous

Return to Arctic Monkeys Gigs!