Montreal-June 16th

Been to a gig lately and want to tell the world!?
Then this is the place to post your pictures, videos and recordings to show the talents of the band.

Moderator: Moderators

Montreal-June 16th

Postby upthebracket_ » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:34 am

Brilliant, just brilliant! I was there at 11:30am, so I got at the very very front, it was fantastic!!
upthebracket_
Lurker

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:44 pm

Aww, glad you had a good time! When did people start lining up??
AlisonFasheeta

Re: Montreal-June 16th

Postby Lizzi » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:51 pm

upthebracket_ wrote:Brilliant, just brilliant! I was there at 11:30am, so I got at the very very front, it was fantastic!!

You must know Ryan then?????

Was also there.. will post pix and links to some vids i recorded and will tell you about what i thought of the gig and all... like a resumé of the day!
Lizzi

Postby arctic » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:48 pm

Good Girl ;)
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby upthebracket_ » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:53 pm

did you see the red roses? those were from me!
upthebracket_
Lurker

Postby Lizzi » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:42 pm

So, here is a résumé of me day yesterday:

Went to the cash machine as I needed money to buy an "I are scientist" t-shirt and booze. Arrived at the cash machine and found a 20$!!! Good stuff ALWAYS happen the day of a Monks gig I tell ye. Then, I went to meet Isa and Cath near my mate P-A's flat (cos we were meant to park there and go out, then come back and sleep at P-A's). His flat is like in Montreal... so good luck for finding a parking lot!! Anyway, we found 2, right in front of his flat! When I tell you good things happened...

We then took the underground to get to the city center. Once there, we went to the Medley to get the tickets for the night's gig. We had to walk around the building to find the fucking door at the back! Walking on the side of the Medley, the tall guy that works for the Monks (Nige is his name I think)... anyway he was there, smoking a cigarette... then the bus was also there and a police woman even gave it a parking ticket!!!! lmfaoooooooooo!!!! So funny!! So finally got the tickets and headed for Sainte-Catherine's street to have a bite and a beer. We went to the St-Hub, on the terrace... was brilliant! We were supposed to head back to the Medley for 17.00, cos I had told Ryan I was gonna meet him there at that time, but well what can you do when you have 3 girls chitchatting and drinking beers?? It took longer than planned...

Arrived at the Medley at 18.15 or summat like that. Waited in line. Didn't dare to shout Ryan's name as i didn't want to look like a freak... Anyway, I ended up going at the front of the line and ask the group there if they knew Ryan and lucky me, he was there! Turns out, he's a very cool fella! His friends were very nice as well.

We got in the Medley at 19.35 or close to that. Went straight to get our places as close to the buffers as possible. Being a Jamie fan, I wanted a place at the right of the stage (on Jamie's side) and we got it. Isa and I went to buy some We are scientists goodies. Wanted a pink t-shirt, but they only had beige ones... Bought one anyway. Very cool t-shirt. Didn't buy an AM one as I already have one.

WAS started the gig (don't ask me the time i don't remember). The crowd went mad when they played "Nobody moves, nobody gets hurt". I think Keith was quite surprised and didn't expect that much enthusiasm from the crowd. He even said that we were mad and that he feared what it would be like when the Monks would come on stage. From where I was, I could see the side of the stage and saw Matt there (proudly sporting a grey t-shirt with a penguin on it), then I saw Jamie and Alex. Didn't recognised Nick... Matt then joined the Scientists on stage for a tune.

The technical crew took fucking 40 minutes to organise everything for the Monks... I think they got on stage at something like 22.25. They started the show with Riot Van, but they had changed a bit of the music, so it wasn't as slow as the album version. I don't remember all the listing of the songs, but you can easily find it on the internet or I might go and get it and type it at the end of the blog... Alex was much much more chatty this time than when they came in March. He introduced "Who the fuck are Arctic Monkeys?" as "a new song that you probably don't know yet". I think that in all the crowd (1 800 ppl), maybe we were about 10 to know the lyrics... same goes with "Leaving before the lights come on" (my all time fave tune).

Overall, Alex was quite chatty and shaking his head when playing (he's got some kind of mullet now...), Jamie was very professional, didn't look that much at the crowd. Nick was just too far for me to really notice, tho he did a good job on bass. And Matt pulled his usual faces while playing, esp on "Dancing shoes".

As for the listing of tunes, I don't really remember the order, but they played all of the tunes from their album, plus "Cigarette smoker Fiona", "Who the fuck are Arctic Monkeys" and "Leaving before the lights come on". They ended, as usual, with "A certain Romance" which is the best tune to end a show with. Was expecting Jamie to pull a Pete Townshend and throw his guitar in the amp, like he had done in March on Saturday Night Live, but nope. Doesn't matter, it was good.

It was a brilliant gig... probably the best I have ever been to and I fucking can't wait for them to come back again. They're ace, final.

After the gig, we went to the Foufounes électriques, which is a rock/rap club. Met some friends there, sat down, had a few beers. And we saw the dude with the weird haircut working for WAS. He was sat at the table right next to ours and I think he was with Alex's girlf. Tho I am not sure as I am not that much of a groupie to know all that stuff. We didn't stay long tho, so we didn't see neither WAS or the Monks after the gig. Meh, doesn't really matter anyway. We had fun at the gig and that's what matters!

Just chatted with Alison and apparently it couldn't have been Al's girlf... Ryan also told me today that he saw Alex and Matt head for the Foufounes... dunno about Nick and Jamie tho.

Will post some pix soon

Update sun 18: Totally forgot to say that Jamie played the wrong chord at some point.. his face was priceless... prolly the only time he smirked/smiled of the gig... hahahaha! Awsome!
Last edited by Lizzi on Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzi

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:15 am

PARKING TICKET!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

Funniest thing ever! Very very nice recap, sounds much better than my SHIT concert. In the words of you, you bet "my American ass" will be going to Montreal next tour.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lizzi » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:34 am

AlisonFasheeta wrote:PARKING TICKET!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

Funniest thing ever! Very very nice recap, sounds much better than my SHIT concert. In the words of you, you bet "my American ass" will be going to Montreal next tour.

Then you better tell me and we'll go together! We'll scream stupid stuff, push everyone around.

I forgot to mention it, but I felt amongst the oldest of the place... the crowd consisted of 16 years olds.... :oops:
Lizzi

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:13 am

Well, I'm younger than you, but not much.

You and I should go to SXSW next year, we could meet Scott...........

scary thought. :roll:
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lizzi » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:19 am

Finally got some pix to post.

Now, you'll notice that ALL pix are tagged... for obvious reasons.

Mark, and all the others, if you want the pix, untagged, just let me know.

I have a shit load of them, but most of them are blurry.. i blame the crowd here.. hahaha! My friend Isa is supposed to send me hers as well so i'll surely post them too... but later like this week.

Very blurry, but i somehow like it... all blue.. nice!

Matt playing with WAS

again...

Jamie's guitar

Lizzi

Postby Lizzi » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:21 am

Notice Al's curvy bum... hahaha!

My fave one :oops:
Lizzi

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:56 am

Lizzi wrote:Notice Al's curvy bum... hahaha!

As if we need you to point that out??

He's very feminine there!

I like that one, you were so close! Too bad those pants are 4/4, right?
AlisonFasheeta

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:58 am

What the fuck is on his pants??!!?
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lizzi » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:27 am

AlisonFasheeta wrote:Image
What the fuck is on his pants??!!?

HAHAHAHAH!!! think something about me camera did that... shall try to correct that...

Whilst you wait till i do that...:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v168/Lizzi_McFadden/Arctic%20Monkeys/Montreal%20gig/?action=view&current=AMMontreal06DancingshoesMPG.flv
Dancing shoes lil vid

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v168/Lizzi_McFadden/Arctic%20Monkeys/Montreal%20gig/?action=view&current=AMMontreal06LBTLCO1MPG.flv
Leaving before the lights come on - part 1

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v168/Lizzi_McFadden/Arctic%20Monkeys/Montreal%20gig/?action=view&current=AMMontreal06LBTLCO2MPG.flv
Leaving before the lights come on - part 2

I have 3 other vids, 2 of them are like the last one i posted, ie i filmed them with my camera turned 90 degrees and I dunno how to rotate the videos... if any of you know how, please do tell!

Will post the one that is correct tomorrow
Last edited by Lizzi on Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzi

Postby Lizzi » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:32 am

And yeah, damn his 4/4 pants! lol!
Lizzi

Next

Return to Arctic Monkeys Gigs!