Kurt Cobain

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kick_me_out » Tue May 16, 2006 3:35 pm

yeah she s gonna be 14 on august 18

i think she looks more like her mother unfortunately
kick_me_out
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Postby karinaa.. » Tue May 16, 2006 4:26 pm

Thanks for picture..Yes,you're right,she took more from Courtney. :? but still I think eyes are Kurt's.
karinaa..
Despair in the forum lounge

Postby jemmagreen » Wed May 31, 2006 6:13 pm

she's like lil courtney with kurt's eyes... you're completely right;-D they're so blue... someone could say it's unnormally... kurt left some pretty songs, sometimes called hymens, some very important messages in it, and eyes...
4 8 15 16 23 42

Always look at the bright side of life...
jemmagreen
Lurker

Postby karinaa.. » Wed May 31, 2006 7:09 pm

Jemmagreen,thanks for reply!!I complitely agree with you!!kurt left not only nice songs,but great lyrics.I like to read between the lines..I was in Poland once,by the way..Nice country.a lot of people speak russian.Here in Lithuania live great number of polish people,in Vilnius there are about 5 polish schools.:)
karinaa..

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:49 pm

fredwau wrote:I've never been a fan: they sound too much like The Pixies actually... It might be a bit stupid to write such a thing but without Franck Black & his wonderful band, no Nirvana.
And, if F. Black decided to kill himself in '92-'93, The Pixies would be now as famous as Nirvana or maybe more (as they're so much better!!!!!)

OMG, I´m a huge fan of Nirvana, but on the contrary, I definitely agree with that statement. Even Kurt himself said that the riffs on Nevermind are all just stolen from Pixies. He also once confessed, that they would never sound the way they did without them and Sonic Youth. When you compare U-Mass to Smells Like Teen Spirit, the riff is very similar, if not even the same one. Nirvana actually sounds like a mixture between Sonic Youth and Pixies :D

Yeah, but Nirvana will definitely has a place in my heart forever. That was the very first band I´ve ever loved.... maybe I´m just too coservative/melancholic to give it up :P
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:52 pm

kick_me_out wrote:yeah she s gonna be 14 on august 18

Unfortunately? Lol, I do love Cortney as I find her strangely gorgeous, and Hole is a cult. Little miss Francis will be belle when she grows older :wink:
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

Postby karinaa.. » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:34 pm

Drunken_Butterfly wrote:
kick_me_out wrote:yeah she s gonna be 14 on august 18

Unfortunately? Lol, I do love Cortney as I find her strangely gorgeous, and Hole is a cult. Little miss Francis will be belle when she grows older :wink:

I like Courtney's music..Her last album American Sweetheart sounds great!But I can't say she is gorgeous..Without using drugs she would be more pretty now..And I on't want,actually,that Francis take after her mum.
karinaa..

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:37 pm

karinaa.. wrote:I like Courtney's music..Her last album American Sweetheart sounds great!But I can't say she is gorgeous..Without using drugs she would be more pretty now..And I on't want,actually,that Francis take after her mum.

Ah, forgive me, but my taste in men and women is so strange :D Courtney is definitely a posh in my eyes and I don´t care about her drug use. In case of Francis, I think she actually takes after Kurt much more. Those eyes, those slihgtly chubby cheecks, her nose, her thin lips and her smile.... God, when I saw a pic of her smiling, I almost believed that Kurt returned back in her body. lmao.
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

Postby arctic » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:46 pm

surrey_casual wrote:NME voted him or nme readers, the all time 'heroe' of rock and roll this week in t'mag.

pete doherty second???

im not sure

NME write what people want to hear.
If he didn't die so publicly and so controversially, would he be so popular?

I think not. No offence to the guy or the band.
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby karinaa.. » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:03 pm

Drunken_Butterfly wrote:
karinaa.. wrote:I like Courtney's music..Her last album American Sweetheart sounds great!But I can't say she is gorgeous..Without using drugs she would be more pretty now..And I on't want,actually,that Francis take after her mum.

Ah, forgive me, but my taste in men and women is so strange :D Courtney is definitely a posh in my eyes and I don´t care about her drug use. In case of Francis, I think she actually takes after Kurt much more. Those eyes, those slihgtly chubby cheecks, her nose, her thin lips and her smile.... God, when I saw a pic of her smiling, I almost believed that Kurt returned back in her body. lmao.

I don't care about her using drugs..But before the death Kurt said:"I don't want that Francis grow up and see how I suffer and use drugs.."but Courtney continue this..It's awful than your mother or father use drugs,don't you think??anyway,it's not our bussiness. :roll:
No doubt,she has Kurt's eyes..Some say that it's egoistic to end your life like he did,and live your family..But I think,the only reason he did it,that he didn't want to make his family unhappy every day,seeing how he feel pain and can't stop it.
karinaa..

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:20 am

karinaa.. wrote: I don't care about her using drugs..But before the death Kurt said:"I don't want that Francis grow up and see how I suffer and use drugs.."but Courtney continue this..It's awful than your mother or father use drugs,don't you think??anyway,it's not our bussiness. :roll:
No doubt,she has Kurt's eyes..Some say that it's egoistic to end your life like he did,and live your family..But I think,the only reason he did it,that he didn't want to make his family unhappy every day,seeing how he feel pain and can't stop it.

As you say it´s not our business, that´s why I dont´care 8) Yeah, but you are defo so right. If my mom was on drugs, I would probably commit suicide or started to take them as well.

Kurt´s suicide was probably the most egoistic thing he could ever do. I just have some problems to accept it as an apology.

Btw, I already asked you in the other thread, but I´ll do it again: what´s your fave song?
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

Postby karinaa.. » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:37 am

Well,It's sooo difficult to pick out only one song.I think you understan me.:)
But Rape me is so f*** good!!!when I hear only first seconds of song,I become crazy. :roll: :)also I like D-7..

Straight as an arrow
defect defect
Not straight,not so straight
reject reject
Towards anti-social
solo solo
standing on the stairs
cold,cold morning
chostly image of fear
mayday mayday
gonna leave this region
they'll take me with them
dimension seven.

Kurt left unreal lyric..
what's your favourite song?
karinaa..

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:03 pm

I used to be so obsessed with D7! But
I would say that my top3 tracks (if something like that even exists in my mind, cos I never seem to be able to point out just a couple of songs) are : Drain You, Aneurysm and You Know You´re right :D (in no particular order)
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

Postby karinaa.. » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:01 pm

You know you're right is also my favourite song,and vidio is awesome!!!but all the time I see video it makes me a little bit sad..Kurt looks so lonely and f** fed up with everything..
karinaa..

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:00 pm

Maybe he made the impression of being fed up cos he really was, who knows :roll: My favourite vid is Sliver as Kurt had black hair and danced with baby Francis which was great and kind and they looked so happy together :P
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

PreviousNext

Return to Other bands...