Barcelona

Been to a gig lately and want to tell the world!?
Then this is the place to post your pictures, videos and recordings to show the talents of the band.

Moderator: Moderators

Barcelona

Postby surrey_casual » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:45 pm

anyone going or is it just me and arctic ranger, and mark, thought you were gonna pull it out of the bag!
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Re: Barcelona

Postby arctic » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:01 pm

surrey_casual wrote:anyone going or is it just me and arctic ranger, and mark, thought you were gonna pull it out of the bag!

got no money, some fucker smashed in my back window late last night and tried to nick my 6x9's, and failed, but destroyed my window and speakers.

so pissed of it is unbeliavable, and i live in the quietest neighbourhood in rotherham/sheffield!?
fucking gay drunken chanvs I suspect.

arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby surrey_casual » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:51 pm

yeah same happened to me a while back! little fuckers

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby arctic » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:24 pm

thing that winds me up the most is the speakers looked gay, and were only like £25, and I had some Bolle sunglasses in the front worth like £100! They need to be shot
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby surrey_casual » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:28 pm

SRI's and big bour 4's! :lol:

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby surrey_casual » Wed May 10, 2006 1:38 pm

bump

just like to say that i will be seeing them in 6 days and will try my hardest to start a stage invasion!

some quality pics in the pipeline............

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby Lizzi » Wed May 10, 2006 5:17 pm

Ye better post the pix afterwards!!

and i hope that ppl will follow you in that stage invasion plan! lol Yer mad...
Lizzi

Postby Lizzi » Wed May 17, 2006 11:18 pm

Well that's me answering myself.... lol!

So Scott... had fun??? Mebbe yer not back yet... anyway, tell us what happened, how it was, if you had fun... you know... :wink:
Lizzi

Postby surrey_casual » Sat May 20, 2006 1:46 pm

well well well, where do i start.

ok maybe with free beer and vodka that we had on the departing plane, twas very handy. met some amercain chick who didnt know who AMs were, so they havent gotten that big.

anyways arrive there, get lost on the metro end up walking for half hour to get back to hotel.

get to venue, and the place is full of english/british, i would guestamate and say that out of the 2000 capacity 1500 were british. missed milburn for the second time now, first was at astoria, shit happens. the place was buzzing waiting for the monkeys to come on. they do and start with AVFTA. fuckin place goes crazy. madness. they play all the regulars, plus new ep songs. alex was proper rock and roll that night, goading the crowd and asking if these yorkshire lads were buzzing. quote 'cos i am' lol.

for the last 3 songs the milburn drummer does matts job, while matt walks around the stage with a tambourine. lol.

oh yeah, i was officially the first crowd surfer, wey hey, but when you usually do this the bouncers take you off and throw round the side. ha ha ha, they push you back onto the surf, fucking awesome. must of been about 40c in there was well hot.

got to see the champions league final the next day. barcelona win, street partys all night long hence the photos i have. they were all looting the place but thats another story. but there was about half a million people at least in the 'las ramblas' only

madrid cabron salute catalon
*waves scarf*

i am waiting for my camera to be developed as i did not bother to take my digi camera there. you'll have to settle for these street party photos for now

ImageImageImageImageImage

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby surrey_casual » Sat May 20, 2006 2:38 pm

and his is my mates review, very funny have a read.

my best friend wrote:greetings all,

i hope to find you all in the best of health,

as im sure u are all aware myself, and messrs kettle and fitz visited the capital of catalan (barcelona) this week for the purpose of watching the british popgroup the arctic monkeys play in the city.

litte did we know when we booked the trip that whilst we were away the european cup final was scheduled to take place in paris. barcelona had been hot favourites to reign victorious for quite some time so we had an idea that there could be an added event of interesttaking place with thepossible event of a football flavoured drink up.
our suspicions were proved to be correct when barcelona conquered ac milan over two legs and won a place in the final in the most prestigious club competition in world football.
they were to play arsenal of north london.

a spanner in the works some would say. 3 englishmen. in barcelona on the night of the final. split loyalties for us for sure. in the event of an arsenal win we were sure to be greeted with hostility and suspicion and possiby violence. in the event of a barcelona win if was highly likely that we were to be met with hostility, suspicion and possiby violence.

oh dear we thought. wot will we do. we decided to go with the flow and use our street wisdom upon arrival to influence our leaning.

the months went on after booking and anticipation grew for our trip overseas. finally departure day arrived and the three amigos agreed to rendezvous at gatwiick airport. catching our BA flight to barcelona sometime in the afternoon.

on arrival at barcelona we jumped into a taxi and requested our hotel. we were swiftly delivered were we dumped bags, breifly washed and the less tolerant of warm weather among us (myself and gnasher) changed into shorts.

fitzgerald and teeth were keen to use local public transport to get to the destination of the concert.
how hard could it be they assured me as they asked for directions to the nearest metro station to the slightly homosexual male receptionist at our plush hotel. his facial expression upon hearing 'metro station' indicated to me early on that this journey was not going to be as easy as my two companions were expecting. he told us that we would firstly have to travel by tram for some distance before meeting the metro system.

this didnt seem to alter the two ban lags enthusiasm 1 jot. i suspected that they were attempting to seem cultured and continental whilst away, perhaps in a vain attempt to alter thuggish ways. well i tell theee now they were not fooling me. i knew this attempt was bound for disaster and i was right. as i pleaded with them to use a taxi that was waiting directly outside our hotel to the city centre, they rediculed me and ignored my requests, ' itll be alright' they again told me. i tried to reason with them saying that time was moving on and was fast becoming of the absolute essence if we intended to partake in some fairly heavy drinking before showtime.

they again ignored me. assuring they knew best. as the dago behind the desk had told us there was a tram stop literally minutes away from our hotel. we made no attempt to read a map or even decipher which direction we needed to travel in before boading the tram that was there. in a rush we clambered on hoping that we were heading the right way. quitehow we were goin to know this was a mystery to me as it unclear to me quite where we were supposed to be heading i.e metro stop. fitz and kettle assured me they did and although the map provided on board the tram appeared to be complex the pair we confident getting to our destination would be a formality. after a few short minutes on one tram it was apparent to them we were indeed goin the wrong way, so we departed and waited for a tram heading the other direction. simple.

no.

the other tram took us in a nother direction altogether and we were officcially lost. then kettle informs the group thathe has left his ticket for the gig at the hotel.

we tried desperately to flag down a taxi until it wasclear that they were learner drivers. not taxis. wewere fucked.

somehowby walking in a random direction we arrived at our hotel and the pair agreed with me a 2nd time that a taxi was necessary. we arrived at the venue after a rather lengthy journey and were surprised at the number of british fans that had made the journey as there were quite a few.

among them were the typical northern couplehaving an emotional argument on holiday as there aalways is and also a group of mancunian males with cropped hair and crap trainers. we enterd the venue at the tale end of milburns set much to scotts dissapointment. i decided early on that i would have no part in any 'mosh pit' or similiar activity as the venue couldve been likened to a greenhouse such was the humidity.i told my crowdsurfing comrades that i would retreat to the balconys and attempt to take some pictures. with a camera.

the band came on and were absolutely superb. and i dont use such compliments lightly. they were truly professional in overcoming some techical difficulties early on and it was a fine example of a talented young band who had perfected their live performance through relentless touring.
clearly at crucial point in their career, after 1 hugely successful debut lp both critically and commercially, they are sure to have extreme amounts of pressure on their shoulders to follow up in a similiar but superior fashion. this made me wonder mid - set, is this their peak. there is no doubting the lyrical wit of young alex turner ( who incidentally seemed to be under the influence of a nasally ingested narcotic popular among young men in britain) or their skill as musicians and as a live unit,but will they crack? will turner go on crack? or will they just turn crap? i wont like to make a prediction but i naturally hope not.

anyway the show progressed and i hope that i got hold hold of some excellent snaps which i am yet to have produced but will be emailed in due course. much crowd surfiing and pogoing was done by my dear friends in the pit of heat as i watched on from the balcony. at this point i wished to have nathan greenhalgh with me as my normal partner for standing near a bar at gigs with a puffed out chest and preserved trainers. as the heat rose from the floor i once again made my humurous greenhouse observation to a young couple from potters bar to my left. they laughed.

the show ended and as the crowd departed surely stunned at what they had just witnessed i met up with the two who iwas amazed that they hadnt died of heat exhaustion. we went outside to get water then ventured to the club above the venue for the afterparty. this 'afterparty' was very much in a similiar vein to the 1 at brixton i.e jus and indie set with no band members wotsoever, but luckily with the absence of south african hooligans hell bent on trouble.

it was here that i began 'talking' to young danish lady and it didnt take much of my charm and sexual prowess before i had her im the toilets of the said club for a session of sexual intercourse.
we left the club swiftly after i had come as they had stopped serving at the bar. i did put my shorts back on tho. we didnt leave that swiftly.

wednesday and the day of the european cup final. scott and steve were keen to spend the day as beach bums which i wasnt keen on due to my ack of ability to tan and my easily burned skin but i agreed for the sake of the group.
we fuked around here more or less all day until it was time to find a bar to watch the game.

we headed into the city and were delighted to find a bar that serves fosters. its not often we express such glee at finding such a bog standard lager but bear in mind drinking nothing but the vile amstel of te atrocious san miguel for the best part of 2 days and this small pleasure was greatly appreciated.

the game commenced and as it looked incresingly like it was gonna be a win for the english, the locals became suspicious of our pasty skin, good clothes and ignorance of continental culture ( i.e zumba bumba is a racist term in spain aswell apparently and a rendition of the qpr classic was not greeted well.). as suspicious as they were they seemed to shit it somewhat when we argued back as a trio. wise where we to there tactics of turning the masses against us. our barca scarves where doing little to hide our origins but celebrations of both their equalising and winning goals seemed to win the crowd over.

barcelona then erupted into something i doubt any of us travellers will ever witness again. the scale of the celebrations was unfathomable. there were flares, bangers (which both myself and kettle both fell foul of) burning of spain flags and all the rest. we only realised how big the party was when we attempted to find some1 selling water and walked for sometime without seeing any thing but people. i made an early ( and exaggerated, possibly by alcohol consumption) estimate of 500,000 catalans on the streets.

it wasnt long before the crowd turned ugly and partook in wanton vandalism of the city. im not proud to say it but we did partake in this behaviour. breaking pavement railings and smashing shop windows. this were both myself and scott incurred injurys that drew considerable amounts of blood. we were seen to by ambulance staff who told assured us that we would have to be transferred to hospital for treatment even tho i pleaded not to. they said it was necessary. they took our driving licenses and asked for payment that we didnt have. nor didwe have insurance details so we told them that tony blair would pay and left afetr leaving our contact details.

both mine and scotts injurys were STAPLED not stitched STAPLED. i didnt know this was normal practice but the nurse seemed to think so so of we went.

it was then apparent that steve had lost his phone in the riots and was as gutted as we were. wewent back to the hotel. slept and fuked of after paying our minibar bills.

overall, scott and teeth nearly died of dehydration, got sunburned, we came close to being victims of an angry anti english hate mob, visited hospital after blood spilling injurys, 1 lost phone, and rescued scott from becoming absolutely obsessed with catalunian culture. some could look at all that and say on paper the trip was a disaster. wel they wud be cynics and it was the most fun i think any 3 people had ever had on a disaster ever.

absolutely class trip.

[/quote]

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby arctic » Sat May 20, 2006 3:01 pm

fuck me. that took like 15 minutes to read alone.

sounds like an amazing trip, if only i had gone :lol:
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby surrey_casual » Sat May 20, 2006 3:04 pm

arctic wrote:fuck me. that took like 15 minutes to read alone.

sounds like an amazing trip, if only i had gone :lol:

the offer was there marky boy!

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby Lizzi » Tue May 23, 2006 12:44 am

Woah! That sure was one Hell of a description and sure took some time to read...

Mark, you soooooooooooooo should have gone! Too bad someone broke the back window of yer car.. shame! Who knows, maybe you would have done the Swedish lass and would have had stamples done! lol!! That musta hurt btw....
Lizzi

Postby arctic » Tue May 23, 2006 1:17 pm

Lizzi wrote:Woah! That sure was one Hell of a description and sure took some time to read...

Mark, you soooooooooooooo should have gone! Too bad someone broke the back window of yer car.. shame! Who knows, maybe you would have done the Swedish lass and would have had stamples done! lol!! That musta hurt btw....

When you put it that way...... :shock:
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lizzi » Tue May 23, 2006 5:15 pm

arctic wrote:
Lizzi wrote:Woah! That sure was one Hell of a description and sure took some time to read...

When you put it that way...... :shock:

You being a lad, am surprised you hadn't thought of this one before...
Lizzi

Next

Return to Arctic Monkeys Gigs!