Franz Ferdinand

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Ace » Thu May 04, 2006 12:30 am

dorkeemindee wrote:Yeah, $40 is a little too expensive! WHere do you live Lizzi? I saw them a month ago for $30, and it was very well worth it. They are definately much better live performers than they are in recordings. :shock: :o

Anyway, I suggest you try buying one of their cds if you ever plan on seeing them (which I do suggest!) and try listening to their songs a bit. :D

Eh...I can find their albums for about $20 at Barnes and Noble.

This was one of the newer bands I really enjoyed. I got hooked from seeing them on MTV with "Take Me Out" and I thought they were so weird. But I soon loved their music and bought their album. Don't have the second album, though.

If it weren't for them, I reckon I probably wouldn't have found the Arctic Monkeys as appealing.
Ace
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Postby Lizzi » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:06 pm

Because of the deal i made with me friend, i have to listen to other stuff than the am, and right now, i am really into Franz's first album.. its brilliant!!1 love it!!! :wink:
Lizzi

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:37 pm

Franzies!!!! I love them, I can´t help it. And I think that You Could Have It So Much Better is a better record than their eponym.

Ok, I´m seeing them in *counts* 8 days! I simply can´t wait.....
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

Postby irishscummyman » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:32 pm

^where are you seeing them
irishscummyman

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:28 am

^ I´m seeing them in a Polish town called Gdynyia that´s near to Gdansk on a fest: www.opener.pl haha, I´l have to travell for 16 hours just to get there :D

YAY, and the fest is headlined by Franzies and Placebo (my most favourite band) and I will see both bands for the first time, so I´m extremely excited!!!
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

Postby karinaa.. » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:18 am

Lucku you!!I'm sooo envy about Placebo.. :( :( tell me everything about their performance and I will love you forever. :milton: :milton:
karinaa..
Despair in the forum lounge

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:20 pm

^ Ah, so you like them as well? How great!!! Ok, I´ll try to make some pics :P
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

Postby karinaa.. » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:12 pm

Drunken_Butterfly wrote:^ Ah, so you like them as well? How great!!! Ok, I´ll try to make some pics :P

It would be awesome!!Do you live in Bratislava?is your language very different from russian?I think all slavenian languages are pretty the same.. :)
karinaa..

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:23 am

^ I DO!!! Lol, such thing never happens to me :milton: :milton: :milton: Where have you heared about our little city?

Ok, Slovak is not the same as Russian, just a few words are a little similar but that´s all. And the alphabet is so much different :D
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

Postby karinaa.. » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:53 pm

[quote="Drunken_Butterfly"]^ I DO!!! Lol, such thing never happens to me :milton: :milton: :milton: Where have you heared about our little city?

Ok, Slovak is not the same as Russian, just a few words are a little similar but that´s all. And the alphabet is so much different :D[/quote

I just know that the capital of Slovakia is Bratislava,from geography lessons.:)
karinaa..

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:59 pm

^ So poeple actually learn about it? I´m positively shocked, cos this place sometimes seems to be placed somewhere behind God´s back :P
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

Postby Lizzi » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:04 am

Take some cool Alex Kapranos shots!!! Oh and some Nick McCarthy ones as well! lol!!

Those boys are sooooooo stylish it's incredible!

here is a shot that was taken in April when they stopped by Montreal... it's from an article, so it's not mine, but i Love it!

the lights and all... perfect!!
Lizzi

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:02 pm

^ I hope I will :D nice pic btw.
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

Postby karinaa.. » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:40 pm

Drunken_Butterfly wrote:^ So poeple actually learn about it? I´m positively shocked, cos this place sometimes seems to be placed somewhere behind God´s back :P

Somethimes I think the same about Lithuania... :-x Don't be so shocked,bec I'm maybe the only one who was listening to my geography teacher every lesson. :milton: :milton: I used to learn all the country's names and all the capitals.:)
karinaa..

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:28 pm

Did you learn it just for fun ?
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

PreviousNext

Return to Other bands...