The Feeling join "Slate Arctic Monkeys" bandwagon

Latest News on the Arctic Monkeys
(Viewable on arctic-monkeys.com)

The Feeling join "Slate Arctic Monkeys" bandwagon

Postby arctic » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:30 pm

As The Feeling prepare to release their debut album Twelve Stops And Home, frontman Dan Gillespie spoke to Designer Magazine and warned that alternative music will die the same way as pop has.

"If indie has to be this incredibly edgy cool trendy thing without melodies and pop influences then I think indie will die too" says Gillespie before adding "This idea that indie is credible and anything else isn't when most indie bands are put together by record labels and as dreamed up as any pop act"

The band who have spend the last 5 years as session musicians defended their position with a stinging attack on the Arctic Monkeys authenticity

"There's nothing wrong with being a session player - Jimmy Page and Jimi Hendrix were session musicians. I very much doubt Arctic Monkeys play on their records"

Pondering on the idea that The Feeling are the anti-Arctic Monkeys and anti-Babyshambles they added "It worries me when they get marketed in such a heavy way. It's weird, it gets marketed in this mainstream fashion when it isn't mainstream music. It exists in bars in Camden and the towns that they come from where there's a scene and it makes sense, but they're never going to be international. It's not universal enough, it's not melodic enough"

The Feeling release their debut album Twelve Stops and Home on June 5th

<a href='http://www.ilikemusic.com/music_news/The_Feeling_Designer_Magazine_Interview-2567'>ILikeMusic.com</a>
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby arctic » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:36 pm

That's very harsh and I bet it stirs up a little something forum viewers!

Obviously it's publicity stunt to draw some attention their way. I personally thing The Feeling are shit, and very boring.
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lizzi » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:52 pm

I like their tune called Sewn, and i have them on myspace, but now i hate them! lol!! If they needed that to get attention, that's just how low they'll go. Just hope the AM won't answer back and fall into that pitfall of slagging other bands off... so childish! :roll:
Lizzi

Postby surrey_casual » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:37 am

yeah i hate arctic monkeys, there music is like sooooo last year.

*slates*
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby SirAlexRooney » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:31 am

Everyone is just jealous AM are good, so they have to go out of their way to talk to magazines saying nasty stuff about AM, idiotic stunt probably trying to promote their album.

Edit: herad one fo their tracks today, very shit band.
Money, money, money,
Must be funny,
In the rich mans world.
SirAlexRooney
Lurker

I very much doubt Arctic Monkeys play on their records"

Postby conners » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:54 pm

quote: I very much doubt Arctic Monkeys play on their records"

Tell us something new... everyone who knows anything about the arctics knows that Jon and Smythy had as much input as alex on their recordings, probebly Geoff also... afterall Geoff and Alen did have their own band in the 90s and be honest alex,s playin live aint nothin like on the recordings. So I have to agree with the feeling comments.
conners
My first post!

Re: I very much doubt Arctic Monkeys play on their records&q

Postby arctic » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:48 am

conners wrote:quote: I very much doubt Arctic Monkeys play on their records"

Tell us something new... everyone who knows anything about the arctics knows that Jon and Smythy had as much input as alex on their recordings, probebly Geoff also... afterall Geoff and Alen did have their own band in the 90s and be honest alex,s playin live aint nothin like on the recordings. So I have to agree with the feeling comments.

Wrong. Alex doesn't play Guitar that much in the band, it's 99% Jamie, and when Al plays, it's awesome. Also, stop pretending you know what your on about :lol:
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lizzi » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:46 am

the guitar playing sounded like the album to me when i saw them last friday....

prolly another one-time poster :roll:
Lizzi

Postby mikem192 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:11 pm

The feeling r realli bad, they just said it to get public views of them, i never heard of them before i read it........and their music is borign crap and a pathetic atempt to be big.......i hate them so much i refuse to stack their album at work.....coz tht crap shouldnt be spread around! Artic on the other hand rock! and if u need a new bass player im willing!!

Mike
mikem192
My first post!

Postby karinaa.. » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:58 pm

Guys,do you really care what people say about your favourite band?? :o they have just said it for attention,and finally,they get yours!if you don't paid so much regard to it,nobody even knew who they are. :roll:
karinaa..
Despair in the forum lounge

Postby Peter123 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:32 pm

The Feeling are worse than Coldplay and that's saying something. I think AM should slag them back Gallagher-style.
There is nothing conceptually better than rock 'n roll
Peter123
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:33 pm

I think it's one thing to say you don't like a certain band, or even that a certain band is shit for the public, but you come up with something like "I very much doubt Arctic Monkeys play on their records." That's just fucking stupid. Who are they to say that? Where do people come up with this shit.

I don't think the Arctic Monks should do anything about it really. I doubt anyone will take it seriously, except maybe for a couple desperate journos looking to make trouble.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby arctic » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:19 am

Peter123 wrote:The Feeling are worse than Coldplay and that's saying something. I think AM should slag them back Gallagher-style.

You have offended me, I love coldplay.
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PunkRockerRobot_2K6 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:34 am

arctic wrote:
Peter123 wrote:The Feeling are worse than Coldplay and that's saying something. I think AM should slag them back Gallagher-style.

You have offended me, I love coldplay.

i wouldnt say i love them but X & Y is brilliant.
ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE VAMPIRES
PunkRockerRobot_2K6
Brianstorm

Postby Space Invader » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:19 am

i also love coldplay, they were my favourite band before I discovered Arctics :shock: !
Space Invader

Next

Return to Latest Arctic Monkeys News