The Raconteurs

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

The Raconteurs

Postby RiotGrrrl » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:49 am

I just saw them live yesterday, and it was fantastic!
What do you think?
"Well I may be just a fool
But I know you're just as cool
And cool kids, they belong together"
RiotGrrrl
Three figure posting!

Postby karinaa.. » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:55 am

I haven't heard about them yet.Maybe you know where can I find their music??it would be great! :)
karinaa..
Despair in the forum lounge

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:47 pm

RiotGrrrl (sorry, but I dunno your real name), you are like one step ahaed of me cos I wanted to make a thread about The Raconteurs just this evening :milton: I envy you so much you were there :D they will have a show in Austria but unfortunately I won´t be able to go and see them and that almost makes me cry cos I wanna see them so desperately :(

I loooooooove them. They sound like nothing else does and the music is very fresh and original. Unfortunately, I´m not able to get Broken Boys Soldiers here (cos some things in this country suck) but I´ll try to get it online soon :D
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

Postby RiotGrrrl » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:06 pm

Drunken_Butterfly wrote:RiotGrrrl (sorry, but I dunno your real name), you are like one step ahaed of me cos I wanted to make a thread about The Raconteurs just this evening :milton: I envy you so much you were there :D they will have a show in Austria but unfortunately I won´t be able to go and see them and that almost makes me cry cos I wanna see them so desperately :(

I loooooooove them. They sound like nothing else does and the music is very fresh and original. Unfortunately, I´m not able to get Broken Boys Soldiers here (cos some things in this country suck) but I´ll try to get it online soon :D

(My name is Nico. And yours is?)
Shit! I hate when that happens. I wanted to go se Yeah Yeah Yeahs at the free festival in Malmö, but i cant! It's so fucking sad!

Karinaa. It's Jack Whites new band. http://www.theraconteurs.com/
RiotGrrrl
Three figure posting!

Postby karinaa.. » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:30 pm

Thanks for the link!! :!: !! :!: I listened to their Steady,As she goes andStore Bought Bones,they're amazing!!I need to buy their CD,immediately!thanks girls for the information about them! :D
karinaa..
Despair in the forum lounge

Postby RiotGrrrl » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:15 pm

karinaa.. wrote:Thanks for the link!! :!: !! :!: I listened to their Steady,As she goes andStore Bought Bones,they're amazing!!I need to buy their CD,immediately!thanks girls for the information about them! :D

Great.. Wow! :milton: Well, do so! Did you see the video?
RiotGrrrl
Three figure posting!

Postby Space Invader » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:21 pm

ive got their album but not really listened to it much - ill give it more of a listen and tell yu what i think
Space Invader

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:53 pm

RiotGrrrl wrote:(My name is Nico. And yours is?)
Shit! I hate when that happens. I wanted to go se Yeah Yeah Yeahs at the free festival in Malmö, but i cant! It's so fucking sad!

My name is Martina 8)

I´m sorry for you, seeing YYYs must be amazing, as amazing as seeing The Raconteurs :D

And a very fangirlish question of mine: What does Jack look like on stage? :oops:
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

Postby RiotGrrrl » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:45 pm

Drunken_Butterfly wrote:
RiotGrrrl wrote:(My name is Nico. And yours is?)

My name is Martina 8)

I´m sorry for you, seeing YYYs must be amazing, as amazing as seeing The Raconteurs :D

And a very fangirlish question of mine: What does Jack look like on stage? :oops:

Haha.. He was really cool. They all were. They all looked a bit old-fashioned. It was so thoroughly, the set was great, the music was great and well played, the atmosphere was great! They also seem like really nice people.

Anyway, i loved it, and Jack was good. He even did a "freak out" on his guitar, that was cool!
RiotGrrrl
Three figure posting!

Postby arctic » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:57 pm

Love these guys. Steady as She goes is very good but the rest of the album does have a lot of crap on. The good songs make it into a good album though ;)
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby irishscummyman » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:54 am

not for me - prefer white stripes
irishscummyman

Postby Drunken_Butterfly » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:39 am

RiotGrrrl wrote:Haha.. He was really cool. They all were. They all looked a bit old-fashioned. It was so thoroughly, the set was great, the music was great and well played, the atmosphere was great! They also seem like really nice people.

Anyway, i loved it, and Jack was good. He even did a "freak out" on his guitar, that was cool!

Oh I woud love to see that :D Thanx for having the patience with answering such a queston, lol.
Drunken_Butterfly
Put your dukes up!

Postby RiotGrrrl » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:03 pm

:)
RiotGrrrl
Three figure posting!

Return to Other bands...