Libertines

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby The french way » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:34 pm

Lizzi wrote:oh yeah! French and Quebecers artists suck... well the one that sing in French that is... there are just no way to describe it.... It's either depressing tunes, or really stupid ones.. there are no way out!

The only French music i like is from classic old artists... lol


Joe dassin... on ira... ou tu voudras qd tu voudras... et on s' aimera encore, même qd l' aour sera mort :milton: i love it

back to the libertines now. It' s not good for a new mod to talk out of the subject, lizzi :milton: :twisted: !
User avatar
The french way
Brucey Wayne
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:10 pm

Postby Lizzi » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:37 pm

The french way wrote:
Lizzi wrote:oh yeah! French and Quebecers artists suck... well the one that sing in French that is... there are just no way to describe it.... It's either depressing tunes, or really stupid ones.. there are no way out!

The only French music i like is from classic old artists... lol


Joe dassin... on ira... ou tu voudras qd tu voudras... et on s' aimera encore, même qd l' aour sera mort :milton: i love it

back to the libertines now. It' s not good for a new mod to talk out of the subject, lizzi :milton: :twisted: !


well i was following the convo... but yeah Joe Dassin... good music!

And i read back to your reply and yeah i think that's what the lil bag is called... so yeah, Pete wants a new one or summat like that. Hope it will work for his sake.
Image
User avatar
Lizzi
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Postby The french way » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:49 pm

I want this for Xmas: Pete clean healthy and sane. :milton: and for my birhtday: the libs back together. :roll:
User avatar
The french way
Brucey Wayne
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:10 pm

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:51 am

surrey_casual wrote:do you know what, im pissed that they never put 'the delaney' on the second album, apparently it was because it was destined for the third album that was never to be, oh well maybe the reunion may bring us this wonderful tune back...........

The Delaney may be my favorite Libertines tune. When I saw them live I said, "The only songs I want them to play are The Delaney and Don't Look Back into the Sun, and I'll be happy." Sure enough they were the first two songs they played, in that order even. Goes to show I'm meant for this band.

I'm going to name my first daughter Delaney... is that wrong to name a child after that song? :oops:
Image
User avatar
AlisonFasheeta
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:34 pm

Postby ZacMagnum » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:30 am

AlisonFasheeta wrote:
surrey_casual wrote:do you know what, im pissed that they never put 'the delaney' on the second album, apparently it was because it was destined for the third album that was never to be, oh well maybe the reunion may bring us this wonderful tune back...........

The Delaney may be my favorite Libertines tune. When I saw them live I said, "The only songs I want them to play are The Delaney and Don't Look Back into the Sun, and I'll be happy." Sure enough they were the first two songs they played, in that order even. Goes to show I'm meant for this band.

I'm going to name my first daughter Delaney... is that wrong to name a child after that song? :oops:



Haha I wish bands played the songs I want them to play....COUGHCOUGH ARCTICMONKEYSDIDNT'TPLAYREDLIGHT AND SOMEBODY WAS COOL ENOUGH TO FILM IT LIVE FOR ME...damn that was a long cough.
Bring on the backlash!!

Image
User avatar
ZacMagnum
Three figure posting!
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:19 am

ZacMagnum wrote:
AlisonFasheeta wrote:
surrey_casual wrote:do you know what, im pissed that they never put 'the delaney' on the second album, apparently it was because it was destined for the third album that was never to be, oh well maybe the reunion may bring us this wonderful tune back...........

The Delaney may be my favorite Libertines tune. When I saw them live I said, "The only songs I want them to play are The Delaney and Don't Look Back into the Sun, and I'll be happy." Sure enough they were the first two songs they played, in that order even. Goes to show I'm meant for this band.

I'm going to name my first daughter Delaney... is that wrong to name a child after that song? :oops:



Haha I wish bands played the songs I want them to play....COUGHCOUGH ARCTICMONKEYSDIDNT'TPLAYREDLIGHT AND SOMEBODY WAS COOL ENOUGH TO FILM IT LIVE FOR ME...damn that was a long cough.

Hope you're alright with that long cough. I'm pretty sure I understood that though, and I'm pretty sure I filmed it for you! :D
Image
User avatar
AlisonFasheeta
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:34 pm

Postby vicky14 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:56 am

oh yeah, as soon as i can, i'm leaving too!
User avatar
vicky14
Baby I'm Yours
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: France

Postby vicky14 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:57 am

oops, sorry i didnt see there was another page :oops:
i didnt really follow the conversation... forget about it.
User avatar
vicky14
Baby I'm Yours
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: France

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:18 pm

I've done that before. You know you could have just edited your post with a quote from what you were talking about? You can in fact edit these things, did you know?
Image
User avatar
AlisonFasheeta
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:34 pm

Postby vicky14 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:19 pm

er... yes, actually i knew but i didnt think about it at this moment... i've just realised now. :oops: :oops: :oops:
User avatar
vicky14
Baby I'm Yours
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: France

Postby The french way » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:15 pm

AlisonFasheeta wrote:I've done that before. You know you could have just edited your post with a quote from what you were talking about? You can in fact edit these things, did you know?


she' s freaking me out now.
User avatar
The french way
Brucey Wayne
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:10 pm

Postby Space Invader » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:28 pm

"we'll die in the class we are born,
but we're in a class of our own my love"

shouldn't the libertines be up there with some of the best thinkers and poets?
Image
User avatar
Space Invader
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: bonnie scotland, aye

Postby The french way » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:33 pm

But Pete is a fantastic poet and writer. That' s a fact.
User avatar
The french way
Brucey Wayne
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:10 pm

Postby Space Invader » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:44 pm

they need more recognition - mention libertines to 65% of my friends (who are into music) they will not be able to sing a libs song and will only refer to Pete as "that junkie" and know nothing of Carl, nevermind John and Gary...
it really angers me :evil:
Image
User avatar
Space Invader
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: bonnie scotland, aye

Postby The french way » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:08 pm

Don' t complain. When I talk about the Libertines, everyone' s like "huh?" and i gotta say" you know, Pete Doherty' s band!", they go "What? who?" and i have to say that he used to be Kate Moss' s boyfriend. Then half of the people don' t know who Kate Moss is. Then I give up.

So first they can' t sing a Libs song, but moreover they don' t know who they are. Shame shame shame on them.
User avatar
The french way
Brucey Wayne
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:10 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Other bands...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron