Lily Allen, the next big thing?

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby The french way » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:24 pm

OMG she seems so fucking stupid. Shame I liked her song. Let pete live. And Carl be God.
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby Lizzi » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:11 am

Why can't nowadays artists just do their thing and shut up? What's the point in dissing others? Just so they feel better or look better in other people's eyes? That's ridiculous if you ask me.

I love the monks cos they don't spend their time dissing other acts.

Hate her tune and hate her.
Lizzi

Postby arctic » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:17 am

AlisonFasheeta wrote:She also said something about how Carl Barât thinks he's God or something. Um, Carl Barât is God, so I don't know what this asshole's problem is.

That comment actually proves most of what she said lmao
"Libertines fans are like, as though it's their religion. I don't know why It's just that band where the fans are ultra dedicated"

I'd agree with that. Barat is a musician not god. She isn't doing it for attention, she already has the limelight on her to why try to create more? it's just journos making her look bad when really she is an arsehole who thinks it's funny. Simple as. I don't slate her opinions, just the way and the manner she says them.

This is going to turn into an argument. I also watched a video the other day where Pete Doherty squirted BLOOD at the MTV camera using a needle just after he had injected himself. That was the last straw for me even remotely thinking of the cock.
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:27 am

And yeah the Libertines are a definite example of fan devotion, she wasn't necessarily saying that was bad.

I'm talking about in NME though, she didn't say people treated Carl like a God, which I was joking about myself, she said he thought he was a God, because he wasn't talking to people one night. So obviously she assumed he was so far up his own ass that he refused to talk to anyone because they were so beneath him. Ummm, yeah, I'm sure.

I just don't like this woman, I wouldn't want to know her, she seems like a bitch.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby karinaa.. » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:24 am

arctic wrote:
This is going to turn into an argument. I also watched a video the other day where Pete Doherty squirted BLOOD at the MTV camera using a needle just after he had injected himself. That was the last straw for me even remotely thinking of the cock.

Pete did it???? :shock: :shock: "shit,shock,horror"....
karinaa..
Despair in the forum lounge

Postby surrey_casual » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:09 pm

lily allen is like a kiss and tell girl. she says things that will atract the press and media.

its all a lie.

i used to like her pre-celeb status, is that the word? but not anymore!
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:48 pm

karinaa.. wrote:
arctic wrote:

That was a while. Yeah, it pissed me off too, I remember telling my family at the dinner table cause I was so disappointed. Not such a good topic for the dinner table.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDI9icmwe48
There you go Karina, if you really want to see it.
I admit he has good aim.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lizzi » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:58 pm

AlisonFasheeta wrote:
karinaa.. wrote:
arctic wrote:

That was a while. Yeah, it pissed me off too, I remember telling my family at the dinner table cause I was so disappointed. Not such a good topic for the dinner table.
I admit he has good aim.

That's rather shocking.... and disgusting... thank god we couldn't see the needle - i hardly can bear blood, let alone needles!!
Lizzi

Postby karinaa.. » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:29 pm

AlisonFasheeta wrote:
karinaa.. wrote:
arctic wrote:

I admit he has good aim.

Thanks,Alison..I've just seen it.. :cry: :cry: Pete needs help..(i'm not blaming him ot something else,but I wish best for him,don't want to see him ending like Kurt Cobain.. :cry: )
karinaa..
Despair in the forum lounge

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:08 pm

karinaa.. wrote:
AlisonFasheeta wrote:
karinaa.. wrote:
arctic wrote:

I admit he has good aim.

Thanks,Alison..I've just seen it.. :cry: :cry: Pete needs help..(i'm not blaming him ot something else,but I wish best for him,don't want to see him ending like Kurt Cobain.. :cry: )

That was a while ago. Seriously, it was at least 4 months ago, and 4 months in Pete's life is like 4 years in anybody else. He's been through a lot since then.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Ritz-To-The-Riot » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:28 pm

"Lily Allen, the next big thing?"

NO
Ritz-To-The-Riot
Put your dukes up!

Postby surrey_casual » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:08 pm

Ritz-To-The-Riot wrote:"Lily Allen, the next big thing?"

NO

YES
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby Josie » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:42 pm

unfortunately she is the next big thing
she's shit though
which is unfortunate.
<i>If Carlsberg made bands,Arctic Monkeys would still be better </i>
<b>Time Square Can't shine as bright as you <3 </b>
Josie
Brucey Wayne

Postby arctic » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:56 am

Lizzi wrote:That's rather shocking.... and disgusting... thank god we couldn't see the needle - i hardly can bear blood, let alone needles!!

If you watch the original (from MTV Overdrive) you see him walk into the place wobbling like crazy, falls on the couch after mumbling and looking rather sheepish, then squirting the camera with blood (can clearly see the needle full of it) and then stubles off only to reappear later even worse.

I'll get you all the video because it is very shocking.

I'll give the guy credit though. He was on Transmission to do an acoustic and I mist say he looked very healthy. I always picture him as white, scrawny and ugly but he had a glow :S
As though he has foundation on ladies. lmao
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:47 am

arctic wrote:
Lizzi wrote:That's rather shocking.... and disgusting... thank god we couldn't see the needle - i hardly can bear blood, let alone needles!!

If you watch the original (from MTV Overdrive) you see him walk into the place wobbling like crazy, falls on the couch after mumbling and looking rather sheepish, then squirting the camera with blood (can clearly see the needle full of it) and then stubles off only to reappear later even worse.

I'll get you all the video because it is very shocking.

I'll give the guy credit though. He was on Transmission to do an acoustic and I mist say he looked very healthy. I always picture him as white, scrawny and ugly but he had a glow :S
As though he has foundation on ladies. lmao

Yeah, there is more on youtube somewhere. It didn't even phase him at the time, did anyone ask about that in the NME interview where Patrick's question got asked? Would have been a good question.
AlisonFasheeta

PreviousNext

Return to Other bands...