Albert Hammond Jr.

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Albert Hammond Jr.

Postby Space Invader » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:10 am

Strokes fans cast ye eyes over this direction:



Albert Hammond, Jr. will release a solo album entitled "Yours To Keep" exclusively in the U.K. through Rough Trade Records on Monday, October 9th.

"Yours To Keep" was recorded at New York's Electric Ladyland Studios, LoHo Studios, and Cabin In The City with Hammond, Jr. as guitarist and vocalist together with Josh Lattanzi on bass and Matt Romano on drums.

That basic trio has been augmented on various tracks by Julian Casablancas, Jody Porter (Fountains of Wayne), Ben Kweller, Sean Lennon, Chris Feinstein, Mikki James, Sammy James Jr. (The Mooney Suzuki) and Ryan Gentles.

The album was produced by Greg Lattimer who first came to attention as vocalist with New York's Thin Lizard Dawn in the late-nineties. The album comes in addition to Albert's role in The Strokes - he is not leaving the band.




MP3s:

Everyone Gets A Star:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A0M8BNRS

101:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L1CRQQB0

Scared:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VB3ZB5W6
Last edited by Space Invader on Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Space Invader
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: bonnie scotland, aye

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:32 am

That's cool. Exclusively in the U.K? What the fuck, and why?

The fangirls are probably so fucking disappointed, seeing as he's not one of the hot Strokes. :milton:
Image
User avatar
AlisonFasheeta
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:34 pm

Postby The french way » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:32 am

JUST DO NOT TELL ME HE LEAVES THE STROKES, oplease!

ah, didnt read the last line, sorry. I love albert.
User avatar
The french way
Brucey Wayne
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:10 pm

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:35 am

The french way wrote:JUST DO NOT TELL ME HE LEAVES THE STROKES, oplease!

ah, didnt read the last line, sorry. I love albert.

Oh you saved yourself, I was about to quote the last line, and make you look foolish.

Imagine if I had without reading your last bit, then I'd just look plain dumb.
Image
User avatar
AlisonFasheeta
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:34 pm

Postby The french way » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:38 am

AlisonFasheeta wrote:
The french way wrote:JUST DO NOT TELL ME HE LEAVES THE STROKES, oplease!

ah, didnt read the last line, sorry. I love albert.

Oh you saved yourself, I was about to quote the last line, and make you look foolish.

Imagine if I had without reading your last bit, then I'd just look plain dumb.


I avoided the worst, ouf! :roll:
User avatar
The french way
Brucey Wayne
 
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:10 pm

Postby Lizzi » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:02 am

someone's been on his myspace...

I also got the bulletin that says that Carl (from DPT) broke his collarbone, so wont be playing guitar for a lil while...
Image
User avatar
Lizzi
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:06 am

Lizzi wrote:someone's been on his myspace...

I also got the bulletin that says that Carl (from DPT) broke his collarbone, so wont be playing guitar for a lil while...

What the fuck?!?!? I prayed for that last night so they would postpone New York! No, I'm just kidding. That sucks soo bad, collarbone, ekkk!

Awww, the guy from the Paddington's is filling in? That's nice. Poor Carl. :cry: :cry: He most have had way to much fun with Pete after they reunited, if you know what I'm saying? :wink: :wink: Yeah, me neither.
Image
User avatar
AlisonFasheeta
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:34 pm

Postby Lizzi » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:21 am

AlisonFasheeta wrote:
Lizzi wrote:someone's been on his myspace...

I also got the bulletin that says that Carl (from DPT) broke his collarbone, so wont be playing guitar for a lil while...

What the fuck?!?!? I prayed for that last night so they would postpone New York! No, I'm just kidding. That sucks soo bad, collarbone, ekkk!

Awww, the guy from the Paddington's is filling in? That's nice. Poor Carl. :cry: :cry: He most have had way to much fun with Pete after they reunited, if you know what I'm saying? :wink: :wink: Yeah, me neither.


Alix and I were wondering where the collarbone was... two french speaking girls... lol!

You going to see them Alison???
Image
User avatar
Lizzi
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Postby Space Invader » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:22 am

pete will visit him now.

they will have a spark.

they will write songs into the wee hours.

they will be re-libertined.

i will cry with joy and stuff.

we all make waffles.
Image
User avatar
Space Invader
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: bonnie scotland, aye

Postby Lizzi » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:25 am

Space Invader wrote:pete will visit him now.

they will have a spark.

they will write songs into the wee hours.

they will be re-libertined.

i will cry with joy and stuff.

we all make waffles.


You forgot:

They schedule a tour...

Pete doesn't show up on the gigs...

We (as in every one on here) buy tickets for the London gig...

We all meet there...

Pete fucking shows up and make it the BEST NIGHT EVER!

The Monks are in the audience as well...

We party til the wee hours!

Anybody wanna add anything else??? :wink:
Image
User avatar
Lizzi
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Postby Space Invader » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:31 am

i am supporting act...
Image
User avatar
Space Invader
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: bonnie scotland, aye

Postby Lizzi » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:40 am

Damn right you are!!!
Image
User avatar
Lizzi
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Postby Space Invader » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:44 am

that means i can get yu all backstage and maybe arctics backstage too...
Image
User avatar
Space Invader
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:17 pm
Location: bonnie scotland, aye

Postby Lizzi » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:50 am

then we'd party the night away! paint the town red! party till the wee hours! wanderful!
Image
User avatar
Lizzi
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:02 am
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:20 am

Aaaand there's still waffles?! Sweet!

I can't wait for this! Can the rest of DPT and babyshambles and Yeti be backstage as well? I think that might be fun.

No, I'm not going to the show. Your collarbone is that bone that pops out right below your neck. It goes across from one shoulder to the other, with a dip in the middle. If you take a deep breath it sticks way out, and on aneroxic people it looks really creepy.
Image
User avatar
AlisonFasheeta
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:34 pm

Next

Return to Other bands...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron