Milburn!!!

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby arctic » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:43 pm

karinaa.. wrote:
arctic wrote:he is still as shy as Andy. Which is a shame for an Arctic Monkeys bassist.

Hm..Mark,why you think that bassist of Arctic Monkeys band needs to be easy-going and liberate(is this a word?? :milton: ).How can shyness effect on his ability to play bass?What I like about Nick,apart from that he's a good bass player,is that he has calm/steady character..(yeahh :roll: :roll: I like this kind of boys :roll: )

To be in the biggest band in the UK you need to be ultra crazy. Alex is mad, Matt is mad and so is Jamie (he is really, alex only has long hair because jamie makes him grow it so he can stoke it and call alex his bitch).
FACT
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:16 am

arctic wrote:
karinaa.. wrote:
arctic wrote:he is still as shy as Andy. Which is a shame for an Arctic Monkeys bassist.

Hm..Mark,why you think that bassist of Arctic Monkeys band needs to be easy-going and liberate(is this a word?? :milton: ).How can shyness effect on his ability to play bass?What I like about Nick,apart from that he's a good bass player,is that he has calm/steady character..(yeahh :roll: :roll: I like this kind of boys :roll: )

To be in the biggest band in the UK you need to be ultra crazy. Alex is mad, Matt is mad and so is Jamie (he is really, alex only has long hair because jamie makes him grow it so he can stoke it and call alex his bitch).
FACT

I thought that was the bass player cliche? Like quiet dark and mysterious types of people, guitarists and drummers are able to freak out. Andy had it down, but he wasn't creepy. He was still cute and lovable, he was perfect.

Also, Andy wasn't shy. Quiet and shy are completely different. Andy was far too smart to run his mouth rambling about stupid shit, like some people who shall remain nameless. *cough*Alex Turner*cough*

I also realize that sort of can apply to me as well, cause I tend to ramble. I'm just a pot lashing out at the kettle.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby karinaa.. » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:05 am

arctic wrote:
karinaa.. wrote:

FACT

I always consider Jamie to be shy..He sometimes blush during the interviews.. :oops: Or it's just me who noticed that??And Nick,he is new bass player of the biggest band in UK,it's not easy to replace the original member,plus when you always hear:We want Andy to come back,Nick bye bye :evil: :evil: (yeahh,I like this guy.. :roll: )
karinaa..
Despair in the forum lounge

Postby Space Invader » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:20 pm

do you think that in october Milburn will play only their full album, or maybe some old stuff too or B-Sides?

i desperately want to hear 17, Blow Your Whistle, Rudiements, Dancing On The Kitchen Floor, Tommy plus all the album - would be great but I think that is expecting alot :D
Space Invader

Postby now-then-mardy-bum » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:22 pm

Haha, the guy from Milburn was wearing a "I Love Arctic Monkeys" t-shirt on Sunday when I saw them!!! genius

oh and I got Milburns setlist...woo! 8)

*^^ The Automatic ^^*
now-then-mardy-bum
A Teddy Picker

Postby surrey_casual » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:58 pm

milburn rocked at reading, best band live for sure!!!!
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby now-then-mardy-bum » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:03 pm

surrey_casual wrote:milburn rocked at reading, best band live for sure!!!!

But was the lead singer of Milburn wearing a "I Love Arctic Monkeys" t-shirt then, ey! 8) :milton:

*^^ The Automatic ^^*
now-then-mardy-bum
A Teddy Picker

Postby Space Invader » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:08 pm

leaving in 20 mins to go see them :D
Space Invader

Postby Space Invader » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:15 am

oh my fucking god...... amaamamammamamamammamamama fucking asmaazing!
Space Invader

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:01 am

Space Invader wrote:oh my fucking god...... amaamamammamamamammamamama fucking asmaazing!

obviously they made an impact....
AlisonFasheeta

Postby arctic » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:06 am

Space Invader wrote:oh my fucking god...... amaamamammamamamammamamama fucking asmaazing!

Fuck yes!
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Space Invader » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:49 pm

i was at front centre at the barrier - i think i might have broken a rib cus i managed to stay there all night and there was such a mental rable and push onto me lol - kicked in the face so many times it was great
Space Invader

Postby Lizzi » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:56 pm

Is the album out?
When's their first North American tour??
The Monks should drag them along next tour... like they did this year in Europe... No fair! I wanna see them live in the flesh! Hear Joe's bootiful voice and all! Come ooooooooon!!! *pouts*
Lizzi

Postby arctic » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:28 pm

Lizzi wrote:Is the album out?
When's their first North American tour??
The Monks should drag them along next tour... like they did this year in Europe... No fair! I wanna see them live in the flesh! Hear Joe's bootiful voice and all! Come ooooooooon!!! *pouts*

haha Yeah the albums out and it's right good. Had poor publicity and poor media reviews.
They have had more goood publicity however, just not as much as some other bands eh...
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby surrey_casual » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:57 pm

im sorry, the production on the well well well is awful, they ruined the good milburn. they have slowed down every song, and totally ruined brewster and send in the boys!
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

PreviousNext

Return to Other bands...