Franz Ferdinand

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Postby MyFriendFanciesYou__ » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:31 pm

Eleanor Put Your Boots Back On, 40' and Dark of the Matinée are awesome songs. <3
In 2004 they where at Rock Werchter and they played the crowd into the ground!
Bunny Ears And Devil Horns.

So I suck at English.
Does anyone care?
XD

WERCHTER !!
Waa, ze komen naar wechter.
En ik ga ze zien!!
Nananana.
MyFriendFanciesYou__
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Postby McScyttah » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:25 pm

:!: Van Tango :!:
"I want my coffin to have a bizarre shape, the shape of a heart, the shape of a guitar."
Madredeus - Guitarra (Guitar).
McScyttah
Three figure posting!

Postby arctic ana » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:15 pm

my fav band!i saw them last summer and it was the best gig ever! :D and i even got to met them after!
i didn't know there's a FF thread here...:D
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby Guitar Popstar » Thu May 17, 2007 2:27 am

I <i>love</i> Franz Ferdinand. They're a great band, and great guys too. I had the privelage of seeing them live and meeting them last year. One of my finer moments in life. While their first album technically is a more solid album than their second, I like them both equally. They're both great in their own way and both have different styles.
Guitar Popstar
Lurker

Postby arctic ana » Fri May 18, 2007 8:28 am

Guitar Popstar wrote:They're both great in their own way and both have different styles.

...as will the third one.they're going to use more synth and less the guitars.i'm not sure about the result-it might be brilliant but it could also be dissapointing.
i like the sound on their first album and i would prefer if they did something like that again.but on the other side,maybe the third album will be better than anything done before...time will tell! 8)
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby Guitar Popstar » Sat May 19, 2007 5:32 am

arctic ana wrote:
Guitar Popstar wrote:They're both great in their own way and both have different styles.

...as will the third one.they're going to use more synth and less the guitars.i'm not sure about the result-it might be brilliant but it could also be dissapointing.
i like the sound on their first album and i would prefer if they did something like that again.but on the other side,maybe the third album will be better than anything done before...time will tell! 8)

Yeah, their musical style has changed <i>a lot</i> since their debut, but if their new music sounds anything like their recent B-Sides (Ghost in a Ditch, L. Wells, etc), then I'm sure the album is going to be brilliant.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing them when they tour after their third album is released. I hope I get to meet them again!
Guitar Popstar
Lurker

Postby arctic ana » Sun May 20, 2007 3:57 pm

yeah,i also hope they'll come to croatia again...
anyway,have you heard the new stuff they're recording?there's a video on youtube and you can hear their new sound for the third album.here's the link,if you hadn't heard it before :D :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubGfY-h9tN4
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby Rhododendron » Sun May 20, 2007 5:26 pm

HOLY FUCK.
I LOVE IT.
If this is the sound for the third album then I want it NOW!
Go ahead and play the blues if it makes you happy.
Rhododendron
I'm going back to 505

Postby arctic ana » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:22 pm

for those who don't know but are interested: after a long,loooooong time, franz ferdinand are releasing a new album called "tonight: franz ferdinand" in two weeks, that is January 26!!
however,the album has leaked already and I HAVE IT!!! :D 8) it's really really good imo,although it's different (very different) from their previous two albums.
thoughts anyone?
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby josefettwalker » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:47 pm

i've heard ulysses and lucid dreams!! really good songs! can't wait to hear the other songs
All you people are vampires
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby arctic ana » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:21 am

josefettwalker wrote:i've heard ulysses and lucid dreams!! really good songs! can't wait to hear the other songs

if you want i can send you the link to download the whole new album. :D there is a different version of lucid dreams on the album...a lot longer and way more electro.i kinda like the original version better but maybe it's just because i'm already used to it. :D
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby josefettwalker » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:31 am

arctic ana wrote:
josefettwalker wrote:i've heard ulysses and lucid dreams!! really good songs! can't wait to hear the other songs

if you want i can send you the link to download the whole new album. :D there is a different version of lucid dreams on the album...a lot longer and way more electro.i kinda like the original version better but maybe it's just because i'm already used to it. :D

thanks i got it now :) yeah, great album, hahaha yeah me too i'm used to the other version of lucid dreams
All you people are vampires
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby arctic ana » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:30 am

"lucid dreams" has grown on me...now i don't even remember the original version! :D the album gets better and better with every listen...
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby arctic ana » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:12 pm

and yes.ladies and gentlemen,i'm proud to announce that FF are coming to croatia AGAIN!!!! :D
so far there are several great concerts in croatia announced for this year: depeche mode,moby,franz ferdinand,nightwish,art brut,kraftwerk,maximo park...
shame that AM still have problems with finding croatia on the map.... :(
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby alma » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:47 pm

havent you haerd, dear ana: am are coming to EXIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i went nuts in the middle of class when my friend sms-ed me :) :) :) :) :) :)
now that we're here, we may as well go too far...
alma
Three figure posting!

Location: pretty shitty place in the middle of nowhere (Bosnia & Herzegovina)

PreviousNext

Return to Other bands...