Which Album Is Better?

In this section of the forum you can talk specifically about the Monkeys. Who are they? Where do they come from? And what the hell am I doing on this forum? Find out HERE

Moderator: Moderators

Vote! :P

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
39%
Favourite Worst Nightmare
33%
They are both the same.
29%

Total votes : 49

Postby [Q]uirky? » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:00 pm

cool!
[Q]uirky?
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby stinkipete » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:05 pm

haha yeah anyway . . . back on topic.
stinkipete
Brianstorm

Postby Lizzi » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:16 pm

[Q]uirky? wrote:I feel a bit sheepish now, my mouth is overflowing with humble pie.

I appolgise for begging and i would like to justify myself.. I had no idea where else to come for these tracks which i desperatly wanted and was quite nieve by thinking that i wouldn't recive illegal links or files, however i did and downladed them, and loads of people where talking about the tracks.. i would happily pay for them but i cant as they arnt for sale.

Sorry if i've pissed people off, by my begging and such like.

S'alright. I guess I was a bit too-easily irritated yesterday - sorry 'bout that. I could understand the strong want for those files, even tho i don't share that feeling.

Hope they're good tunes - but i am sure they are.
Lizzi

Postby josefettwalker » Tue May 01, 2007 5:51 am

waaa can't vote, i'm not sure :?
All you people are vampires
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby Primoz » Wed May 02, 2007 8:14 pm

Voted for FWN but dunno, maybe i voted too fast, thinking right now. I like the ne album VERY much, but the old one rocks too. I like a lot of songs from the new one (Brianstorm, D is for Dangerous, Teddy Picker, Balaclava, If you were there, beware) WPSIATWIN is still very nice. Sounds different. And IMO includes the best Arctic Monkeys song ever - From the Ritz to the Rubble. Hard decision which was already voted - too early.
Primoz
My first post!

Postby The french way » Wed May 02, 2007 8:21 pm

what are the two songs like? (i arrive after the battle, as we say in french :D )
i haven' t dowloaded them illegally and I won' t... i' m used to b-sides i an' t have. I think it' s stupid... but maybe one day, in a few years, in Paris, i' ll find a japanese import of FWN with those tow songs on it. I had Is this it (US version, as NYCCops was suppressed there) this way for almost nothing. I have hope :roll:
and mybe i' ll have live versions of these songs! who knows?
but anyway i' m not downloading them... i never have and i won't... i have borrowed records from friends though, and they give me some songs. But if i like what i' m listening to, i buy the CD.
Lizzi's right, if you have thoses tracks, don' t shout it... it' s better to say you have found them on the pavement :milton:
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby cody_kilgannon » Thu May 03, 2007 10:35 pm

Here's my thing-

Whatever people say.... had a very cool vibe, like this whole, nightlife, british culture, working class thing. It was so real, The way Alex portrayed it, and the artwork showed the whole theme.

FWN is very different, nightlife and dance-y, yet in more subliminally. It's main feel is dark and whimsical, like a haunted circus.

Get what I mean?
Not one of you has got an ounce of style in ya.

www.myspace.com/cody_kilgannon
cody_kilgannon
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Postby Lizzi » Fri May 04, 2007 12:00 am

cody_kilgannon wrote:Here's my thing-

Whatever people say.... had a very cool vibe, like this whole, nightlife, british culture, working class thing. It was so real, The way Alex portrayed it, and the artwork showed the whole theme.

FWN is very different, nightlife and dance-y, yet in more subliminally. It's main feel is dark and whimsical, like a haunted circus.

Get what I mean?

I think i do.
When I listen to whatever ppl say, i feel really awake and cheery, but when I listen to favorite, i feel a bit more dark. FWN has grown on me and I am quite fond of a few tunes and it's also nice to see it's not a copy of Whatever which would have made us loose the hype.
Lizzi

Postby Zincubus » Fri May 04, 2007 8:45 pm

Difficult to compare the two !

FWN took about 5 listens before I was totally hooked - can't stop playing it (LOUD) !!

Love all the riffs !!!!
Zincubus

Postby owentherocket » Sat May 05, 2007 10:17 am

I like the second one and the first but the first has all good songs and the second has one bad song..and one alright song but there still both bloody brilliant
owentherocket
Three figure posting!

Postby stinkipete » Sat May 05, 2007 11:24 am

owentherocket wrote:I like the second one and the first but the first has all good songs and the second has one bad song..and one alright song but there still both bloody brilliant

Which one's aren't you as keen on?
Alex Turner has made me want a short-scale guitar.
stinkipete
Brianstorm

Postby Zincubus » Sat May 05, 2007 12:08 pm

I reckon that Balaclava should have been replaced by "What if you were right !! "
Zincubus

Postby Lizzi » Sun May 06, 2007 11:24 pm

Personnaly not so keen on Only ones who know... always skip it... and play Do me a favour twice... ahha
Lizzi

Postby stinkipete » Mon May 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Yeah sometimes I just cba with only ones who know, but I think Do Me a Favour is much better when you've listen to Only Ones.. before it - it likes picks up the pace of the album again with the drums and that.
Alex Turner has made me want a short-scale guitar.
stinkipete
Brianstorm

Postby P_monkey » Fri May 11, 2007 11:13 am

summerBreeze wrote:After listening to it for a few weeks, FWN is a good 2nd album but it couldnt be compared to the first album. The first album does not sound direct from the studio, it sounds more raw and fresh and 'live' whereas the 2nd album sounds kind of synthesized.

You're right i like the first one :milton:
But Fwn is good tho
P_monkey
My first post!

Previous

Return to The Arctic Monkeys