'the ive got a ticket thread'

In this section of the forum you can talk specifically about the Monkeys. Who are they? Where do they come from? And what the hell am I doing on this forum? Find out HERE

Moderator: Moderators

Postby monkeydude » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:25 am

SMP wrote:I queued from 11:55 this morning outside Blackpool Winter Gardens and finally got a ticket at 7pm. And I was one of the last to get one. :shock: Imagine if I'd been half an hour later!

I heard of one guy who was given a voucher by a stewart to stop people pushing in. He was lead to assume that mean't he had a tickets. However, when he got to the box office he was told all the tickets had been sold. The guy in front of him bought that last one. It seems they miscounted the number of tickets available. :roll:

Now that sucks. :!:
monkeydude
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Postby SMP » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:41 am

Basically, they gave them pink tickets about 4pm... If they had given us them when we arrived, then I would have easily had one, however as people had decided to 'reserve' spaces for their friends they had to do something to stop people pushing in the front, so they gave everyone at the front the little tickets, and told them they could just mill around the area and get served in number order, then they would go on general sale. Basically, somewhere along the way the people from the back (including me) went into the area directly before the box office and it got pretty cramped with people pushing around like they do at gigs. When they eventually opened the doors to all the people they tried to call out the tickets in number order, but obviously it was too difficult for people to push through the packed crowd. They then decided to allow all the pink tickets in regardless of number, so anyone with a ticket was allowed through. During all this time I had managed to get to the door and after they got some police advice they started letting everyone in 6 at a time. I was one of the last few people to get tickets, and everyone else (all 200/300 of them) were just kicked out and told the tickets were sold out. The major injustice was that the people who has been queuing all morning and had the pink tickets were turned away simply because they couldn't fight through the massive crowd, which could have easily been prevended with a decent queuing system. A major cock-up on the winter-gardens behalf (and the security contractors agreed with me!
SMP
Not to feel like a twat at times is hard

Postby monkeydude » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:00 am

SMP wrote:which could have easily been prevended with a decent queuing system. A major cock-up on the winter-gardens behalf (and the security contractors agreed with me!

They probably didn't expect there to be such a crowd.

Well you did the right thing. Getting through on the net was like a lottery.
monkeydude

Postby SMP » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:05 am

I managed to get oasis tickets on the net, so I could probably have got these just as easily.
SMP

Postby monkeydude » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:08 am

SMP wrote:I managed to get oasis tickets on the net, so I could probably have got these just as easily.

I managed to get Oasis tickets on the net. That was nothing compared to this. I have never seen tickets sell out so quick. Ticketmaster said sold out immediately, See crashed as did ticketweb (something I've never seen). Madness.

It was a wise move queuing.
monkeydude

Postby SMP » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:20 am

What gig were you buying for? For the record, I got standing tickets for the 13th Feb @ Nottingham. They sold out in under 2 minutes on the web.
SMP

Postby JIMGRIFF » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:17 am

monkeydude wrote:
raze wrote:well im actualy in Arcitc Monkeys so there.. you carnt get more hardcore fan than that ;)

I didn't know they were gay. :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JIMGRIFF
Head Mod
Head Mod

Postby *CLO* » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:57 am

JIMGRIFF wrote:Saw em before half of you wanabees were born anyway so :P :P :P

me too!!!! :wink:
*CLO*
Baby I'm Yours

Postby monkeydude » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:59 am

SMP wrote:What gig were you buying for? For the record, I got standing tickets for the 13th Feb @ Nottingham. They sold out in under 2 minutes on the web.

It was Sheffield but I had to give em up as I am going to see 'Little Britain' on the same night. :lol:
monkeydude

Postby andy_keir » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:11 am

fuck u all LOL

didnt get any way near buyin a ticket

net wasnt workin and phone engaged

oh well.....there's always paying the CHEAP prices on ebay....fuckin touts
And how could you wake up,
With someone you don't love,
And not feel slightly phased by it?
andy_keir
Put your dukes up!

Postby *CLO* » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:13 am

KILL THE TOUTS!
*CLO*
Baby I'm Yours

Postby JIMGRIFF » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:16 am

andy_keir wrote:net wasnt workin and phone engaged

My mate was doing the same as all of us, in the queue on the net, but he got through, entered all his details and was offered 4 tickets for Hull gig, so he started entering his card details and then i got this message " I CANT FUCKIN BELIEVE IT, FUCKIN AOL CUT ME OFF JUST AS I WAS GONNA GET THE TICKETS, FUCKIN INTERNET IS WANK!!! "

I was laughin my bollocks off, ah well, ive seen the 50000 million times anyway!
JIMGRIFF
Head Mod
Head Mod

Magna

Postby Karen » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:29 am

Queued from about 1 and got my tickets about 20 to 7 from jacks records on division street :lol: SO HAPPY YEY
Superior :)
Karen
My first post!

Re: Magna

Postby JIMGRIFF » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:30 am

Karen wrote:Queued from about 1 and got my tickets about 20 to 7 from jacks records on division street :lol: SO HAPPY YEY

Lucky You!
JIMGRIFF
Head Mod
Head Mod

Postby *CLO* » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:31 am

I got through and everytime I entered my details over and over for each place it kept saying "not enough tickets".....I only wanted 2! so I would pick another place, get through, put details in and SOLD OUT!!!! It was heartbreaking! :cry:
*CLO*
Baby I'm Yours

PreviousNext

Return to The Arctic Monkeys