Mercury nominated

Anything you want to say about Miles Kane and Alex Turners new band, Last Shadow Puppets. (also used for the fansite)

Mercury nominated

Postby surrey_casual » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:11 pm

3rd nomination in a row for turner.
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby arctic ana » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:27 am

this one is his.has to be.
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby fidelity » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:15 am

Radiohead, 'Puppets, Elbow kick off Mercury Prize

The Last Shadow Puppets opened the Nationwide Mercury Prize ceremony this evening (September 9) in London with an orchestral performance of their title song 'The Age Of The Understatement'.

Arctic Monkeys' Alex Turner and The Rascals' Miles Kane were joined by producer James Ford on drums and eleven string and horn players as they opened the bash with the title track of their debut at the Grosvenor House Hotel.

Accepting the nomination trophy after their performance, Turner jokingly told the crowd: "It's an honour to be nominated. This time last year we'd just finished this album, so we never thought we'd be here - we weren't in any danger though!"

Speaking to NME.COM earlier in the evening, Kane explained: "We're glad that we're playing first, then we can sit back and enjoy it."

"Each stage of this [band] has been like a new level. We made it, then it was 'I can't believe we're playing live', and now this, the next one of those surprises, we're excited. It's been great the last few months," added Turner.

Joking about his third nomination in as many years - both Arctic Monkeys albums were nominated - Turner laughed "it's an inside job", while Kane added it was "all down to the backhanders I've been giving them.

Both said that they wanted Elbow to win, while Turner revealed the pair have "three possible scenarios for tonight. If you win go to one place, if we lose another, and if we lose and someone we don't want to win wins, we'll go home!"

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/39605

woahahaha!!! congratulations! :D
"That Kate Moss stuff in the papers was pretty funny," Alex explained. "She was meant to have rung me mum up and me mum said 'leave my son alone'!"
fidelity
Brianstorm

Postby Rhododendron » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:25 am

Elbow won.

shit, really? :P
Go ahead and play the blues if it makes you happy.
Rhododendron
I'm going back to 505

Return to Last Shadow Puppets