ARCTIC MONKEYS COMING TO CROATIA?!

Been to a gig lately and want to tell the world!?
Then this is the place to post your pictures, videos and recordings to show the talents of the band.

Moderator: Moderators

ARCTIC MONKEYS COMING TO CROATIA?!

Postby arctic ana » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:13 am

...and not just anywhere in croatia but IN MY TOWN,5 min on foot from my place!!!!!!could it be true?!
it couldn't just be rumours since it's in all the newspapers BUT there's still nothing on their official web....they have 4 free days between their gigs in Austria and Serbia,and Croatia is right between...it seems possible...
i'm freaking out at the moment and checking their web every 5 minutes... :D i just hope it's true...
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby arctic ana » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:59 pm

IT IS OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!! i'm buying the ticket first thing in the morning, it's not as expensive as i thought it would be,only 150 kn (around 20 € or 18 £)! :D
i'm so excited,can't wait...i thought it will never happen - not only are they coming to croatia,but in my very own town!!!!!!!
here are the pictures of the location:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3142/2622011332_d9b41b16be.jpg?v=0
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby josefettwalker » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:42 am

wow awesome place!!!! it'll be great!!!!
All you people are vampires
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby Peeksna » Sun May 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Hey Ana, that's great! Could you just tell me how many people can this place host? I'm deciding between Vienna and Split and I want to go to the gig that's smaller because I'm pretty short and don't want to be in the back haha.
Oh I'm in trouble again aren't I, I thought as much
Peeksna
Lurker

Postby arctic ana » Thu May 14, 2009 1:04 am

haha,well you can always fight for the first row and have the best view... :D
and about the location: it's a small open square and i think the capacity is about 4000 people,but i guess it depends on the size of the stage,security zone and stuff like that. i know that when robert plant played a gig there it hosted about 1500-2000 people.
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby Peeksna » Thu May 14, 2009 3:49 pm

Whoa, thanks, I'll see you there then. I hope there's a train station nearby though. :D
Peeksna
Lurker

Postby arctic ana » Thu May 14, 2009 11:16 pm

yap...there's a train station about 10-15 minutes on foot from the square and there's really no problem to find the place. 8)
so,i guess i see you there. oh,and where are you from? :)
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby Peeksna » Wed May 20, 2009 4:29 pm

I'm from Ljubljana, Slovenia, your neighbour. :)
Woooo, can't wait!
Peeksna
Lurker

Postby arctic ana » Tue May 26, 2009 11:50 pm

ljubljana,cool! :)
another 42 days to go before we finally see AM live....i really can't wait. a few days before the gig, i'm going to inmusic which has an amazing line-up for croatian standards (franz ferdinand,moby,editors,art brut,yeah yeah yeahs,lilly allen,kraftwerk,etc etc) but still i'm more looking forward to AM than all these other bands.... *totally obsessed* :D
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby josefettwalker » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:22 am

wow the line up is really good, good year for croatia!!
All you people are vampires
josefettwalker
Riot Van

Postby arctic ana » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:30 pm

yeah,and that's just the bands on INmusic festival. other than that,there are also lots of great bands coming (or came already) this year:
i saw maximo park in february,depeche mode was unfortunately canceled but they're gonna play all the canceled concerts at the end of the tour. then there's flogging molly two weeks from now, klaxons are coming to Rijeka,arctic monkeys,U2 will play two concerts in Zagreb - august 9 and 10. MANDO DIAO (which i also like very very much) and the offspring are coming in september....

but the problem is money,money,money....
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby Peeksna » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:47 pm

Okay I seem to have a problem and I'm deeply ashamed about it so don't rub it in my face please lol
Does anybody know how does buying tickets over the internet work? I just realized somebody else bought it for me everytime we went to a festival or such.
Peeksna
Lurker

Postby arctic ana » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:59 pm

I SAW THEM,AND MET THEM,AND TALKED TO THEM,AND GOT THE AUTOGRAPHS,AND TOOK PICTURES AND VIDEOS DURING THE AMAZINGLY PERFECT GIG!!!!!!!!!!! :D i'm still under the influence of the last night's happenings and still can't think straight,but i'll post pictures as soon as i get them from my camera onto my computer.
they didn't play teddy picker or certain romance and i kinda hoped they would...
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Return to Arctic Monkeys Gigs!