Berlin :-(

Been to a gig lately and want to tell the world!?
Then this is the place to post your pictures, videos and recordings to show the talents of the band.

Moderator: Moderators

Berlin :-(

Postby mapkyc » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:07 pm

Sorry! The Berlin gig was really poor!
I paid 30 pounds for a 50 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) minute gig!!
NEVER AGAIN!!
mapkyc
My first post!

Postby surrey_casual » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:08 pm

explain why....
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby fredwau » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:21 pm

Have they ever played more than 50 minutes? I don't think so...

Like most of these young bands, they play about one hour and no more: with only one album & an EP, we shouldn't expect better...

Even though, I remember last May, when I saw The Arcade Fire in Brussels, they played about 90 minutes and they also got only one album + an EP...

:roll:
I'm happy, hope you're happy too!
fredwau
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Postby surrey_casual » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:30 pm

fredwau wrote:Have they ever played more than 50 minutes? I don't think so...

Like most of these young bands, they play about one hour and no more: with only one album & an EP, we shouldn't expect better...

Even though, I remember last May, when I saw The Arcade Fire in Brussels, they played about 90 minutes and they also got only one album + an EP...

:roll:

dont think so, 50 minutes is pretty standard for all bands. bromheads jacket play like half hour sometimes cos there music is so fast
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby Lizzi » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:41 am

They also played 50 minutes in Montreal. I thought it was worth the 20 CAN$ I paid for it, considering that in the UK, the tickets are sold for 30 pounds or so... which is 60 CAN$...

And anyway, I think I would have paid more cos it's the Arctics and I've loved them since they released I bet in the UK... and they are the first Brit band I love that takes the time to come here.
Lizzi

Postby arctic » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:22 am

Lizzi wrote:They also played 50 minutes in Montreal. I thought it was worth the 20 CAN$ I paid for it, considering that in the UK, the tickets are sold for 30 pounds or so... which is 60 CAN$...

And anyway, I think I would have paid more cos it's the Arctics and I've loved them since they released I bet in the UK... and they are the first Brit band I love that takes the time to come here.

Not £30, more like 10-15.
I think I paid £14 per ticket to see them at hull on the 25th April. COOL, just realised that is the day after the EP is released, I expect a performance of their new songs for sure!
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lizzi » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:01 am

arctic wrote:
Lizzi wrote:They also played 50 minutes in Montreal. I thought it was worth the 20 CAN$ I paid for it, considering that in the UK, the tickets are sold for 30 pounds or so... which is 60 CAN$...

Not £30, more like 10-15.
I think I paid £14 per ticket to see them at hull on the 25th April. COOL, just realised that is the day after the EP is released, I expect a performance of their new songs for sure!

Just 10! Someone told me 30... Anyway, its cheap to see them....

And they better play new songs when you'll see them, cos they did on their American tour...
Lizzi

Postby arctic » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:32 pm

Lizzi wrote:And they better play new songs when you'll see them, cos they did on their American tour...

gonna try and sneak in my camera ;)
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lizzi » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:03 pm

arctic wrote:
Lizzi wrote:And they better play new songs when you'll see them, cos they did on their American tour...

gonna try and sneak in my camera ;)

Shoulda done that in Montreal the other day... It was forbidden, but many ppl had brought theirs... I am bitting my own fingers now (French saying meaning you regret it an awful lot)
Lizzi

Postby Point Is Not » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:09 pm

It's £14 a ticket if you can get them when they go on sale. But that's almost impossible to get them at that point due to the demand. You then have to turn to ebay, and tickets for Arctic Monkeys UK gigs go for around £60 each on ebay - give or take a few pounds - which is about $120 canadian dollars, or $104 US dollars.

Generally you'll pay £100 - £150 for 2 tickets. I seen one guy offering a 'buy it now' of £95 for 1 ticket. ($192 Can, $164 US). Not sure if anyone took him up on that offer, but as I say - £50 - £60 is pretty standard.

I think its well worth it even at that price. I guess it depends how much you want to see them. I paid £40 for a ticket for the gig in Glasgow back in January before the album was even out! I paid £60 for a ticket for the gig in Glasgow coming in mid-April. For me, the 50 minute set is a rocking set - normally by the end of the 50 minutes, I'm glad to get out and catch some air. :P
Point Is Not
Lurker

Return to Arctic Monkeys Gigs!