Arctic Monkeys hit U.S. on a wave of hype

In this section of the forum you can talk specifically about the Monkeys. Who are they? Where do they come from? And what the hell am I doing on this forum? Find out HERE

Moderator: Moderators

Postby heidyvasquez » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:03 am

wow!stud! thanks again. i am not a real afficianado when it comes to computers. Computers hate me and I hate them. :D
heidyvasquez
Three figure posting!

Postby surrey_casual » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:33 pm

ALBUM CHARTS

The LP has just debuted at no. 1 in Australia and no 24 in US (making it the highest US independent guitar debut ever! ) The band will appear on Saturday Night Live in New York on March 11th.

sweet, Number in the USA, thats fucking superb, gwan the monkeys
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby heidyvasquez » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:02 pm

yay! for the Arctic Monkeys!
heidyvasquez
Three figure posting!

Postby candee » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:15 am

It's great they're doing so well over in other countries, as long as they don't forget about the people in Ireland and the UK! :D
Image Image
candee
Lurker

Postby Media Mogul » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:15 pm

Do you think the Arctic Monkeys are right to ask US stations not to play their songs just yet? I honestly don't believe it is a marketing ploy but the boys are genuinely concerned that they are getting too much hype. I think record sales have suffered in the US as a result as everybody has been downloading them illegally weeks before their album was released. I hope to God that James Blunt isn't seen as Britain's top artist by the Yanks and the Yorkshire boys are our only hope at the moment!

http://globalmediainsight.blogspot.com/ ... rolls.html
Media Mogul
Lurker

Postby arctic » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:41 pm

why dont you just post that again to make sure everyone sees it? :lol:
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Media Mogul » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:23 pm

Sorry about that - I realised it was more relevant to this thread then posting a new topic.
Media Mogul
Lurker

Postby arctic » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:07 pm

Media Mogul wrote:Sorry about that - I realised it was more relevant to this thread then posting a new topic.

lol no problem, I left a quite big comment with a few corrections. A lot of people have conceptions of certain events that either didnt happen or were misconstrude by the media or rumours.

good write up though ;)
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Media Mogul » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:07 am

Yeah I may have exaggerated a couple of things for the sake of the story! I find it interesting though that the British press is always talking about breaking America as though that is the most important thing to do. I don't see anything wrong if a band is just popular here. Like I wrote in response to your comments on the story I think it receives too much attention in the press here and I can't imagine Country acts in the southern states of America being constantly hounded about breaking Britain or even Europe.
Media Mogul
Lurker

Postby cuddles-in_the_kitchen » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:29 pm

i don't what them to become a main stream band, its good that there getting recognized in america, but every one ive talk to or showed them don't like them.
remember cuddles in the kitchen ya to get things off the ground!!
cuddles-in_the_kitchen
Not to feel like a twat at times is hard

Postby surrey_casual » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:39 pm

Media Mogul wrote:Do you think the Arctic Monkeys are right to ask US stations not to play their songs just yet? I honestly don't believe it is a marketing ploy but the boys are genuinely concerned that they are getting too much hype. I think record sales have suffered in the US as a result as everybody has been downloading them illegally weeks before their album was released. I hope to God that James Blunt isn't seen as Britain's top artist by the Yanks and the Yorkshire boys are our only hope at the moment!

http://globalmediainsight.blogspot.com/ ... rolls.html

as soon as IBTYLGOTD hits the airwaves, your know about it! trust me! :wink:

marketing ploy? no-way, there just down to earth lads, who have more of a say than the record company. FACT.
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby Exclamation Marc » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:56 am

cuddles-in_the_kitchen wrote:i don't what them to become a main stream band, its good that there getting recognized in america, but every one ive talk to or showed them don't like them.

That's wierd. With hype around AM that big you'd think they'll be the first to hop on the bandwagon.

surrey_casual's right anyway. The next thing you know tehy'll be going 'I SAID I BET THAT YOU LOOK GOOD ON THE DANCEFLOOR! DANCING TO ELECTROPOP LIKE A ROBOT FROM 1984! FROM 1984!!!!'
Exclamation Marc
Brianstorm

Postby heidyvasquez » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:41 am

Media Mogul wrote:Yeah I may have exaggerated a couple of things for the sake of the story! I find it interesting though that the British press is always talking about breaking America as though that is the most important thing to do. I don't see anything wrong if a band is just popular here. Like I wrote in response to your comments on the story I think it receives too much attention in the press here and I can't imagine Country acts in the southern states of America being constantly hounded about breaking Britain or even Europe.

Word. Just b/c its popular over there doesn't mean they will here. I believe they only sold 36,000 copies the first couple of days. My friends don't think they're that great and even saw them on SNL.
Gunners all the way!
heidyvasquez
Three figure posting!

Postby heidyvasquez » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:44 am

KROQ plays their song IBYLGOTDF occasionally. But, that's about it.
Gunners all the way!
heidyvasquez
Three figure posting!

Previous

Return to The Arctic Monkeys