Miserable Monkeys?

In this section of the forum you can talk specifically about the Monkeys. Who are they? Where do they come from? And what the hell am I doing on this forum? Find out HERE

Moderator: Moderators

Miserable Monkeys?

Postby Lmu Wanderer » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:00 am

Was speaking to one of my mates tonight who went to the Monkeys gig in leeds a couple of months back, and he said Alex Turner was being a right boring bastard.

He said people were throwing plastic bottles around, you know just in the crowd as some people do at gigs, and a couple landed on the stage. My mate said Turner said "If they land on the stage again, we're walking off, I'm being serious".

Now this is pretty sad, seeing as he was a right laugh at Leeds Festival 2005! My mate said he's gone off them as they're too arrogant now. I hope they're not like this at all gigs now.
Lmu Wanderer
Baby I'm Yours

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:10 am

Maybe Alex, not Andy or the rest of the guys. But as far as I'm concerned Andy is all that matters really. Also it could have just been a bad night for him. Tired, cranky, maybe he didn't take his nap or something?

Not trying to be a bitch or anything but sometimes people are just down right annoying at gigs, and really don't give a fuck about anyone else around them. If I had the ability to tell them off I would too.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lmu Wanderer » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:55 am

AlisonFasheeta wrote:Andy is all that matters really.

Huh, why?

And I'm not sure if he just meant Alex or the whole band, I was just assuming it was Alex as he's the singer and had the microphone in front of him!
Lmu Wanderer
Baby I'm Yours

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:36 am

Jamie gets a mic too, right? And Andy is just plain amazing when it comes to the whole not being a dick aspect... he was so nice to me in Philadelphia.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lmu Wanderer » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:25 pm

AlisonFasheeta wrote:Jamie gets a mic too, right?

You're right, but Alex was first to mind! I wasn't sober when I heard this story, come on.
Lmu Wanderer
Baby I'm Yours

Postby too__fierce » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:09 am

i'd be pretty pissed too i guess.
its like moshing at a indie show?
why would you doo that?
enjoy the music.
leave moshing too the punk gigs.
too__fierce
Lurker

Postby dorkeemindee » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:52 am

Nice alliteration. Huh! I've never been to a concert where they had plastic cups being thrown around before, oh well. Anyway, from what I've seen and heard, Alex can get kinda cheeky like that sometimes. Kinda reminds me of the whole SNL thing where he said "That man just yawned" and didn't even crack a smile. Sounds pissed. :shock:
dorkeemindee
Not to feel like a twat at times is hard

Postby Space Invader » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:02 pm

At the Darkness concert Justin went over the crowd on a huge Boob Chariot and he was encouraging the crowd to thro beer at him, seeing who could hit him and havin a right laugh.
Alex said last night "Thank you Glasgow, you have covered us in liiiquid. Lovely"

He should get into the funness of the gig 8)
Space Invader

Postby bear that in mind tonite » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:03 am

yer but maybe arctic monkeys or alex may not want to be covered in drink as they are not dressed in a shitty cat suit thingy
bear that in mind tonite
Brianstorm

Postby Lizzi » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:43 pm

bear that in mind tonite wrote:yer but maybe arctic monkeys or alex may not want to be covered in drink as they are not dressed in a shitty cat suit thingy

LMFAO!! Thank God he doesn't wear that! lol!!! *note: i DO love the Darkness*

As for Alex, i would have reacted the same... I wouldn't like to have things throw at me during a show...

Reminds me of this time where Pierre from Simple Plan got hit by a plastic bottle in the eye... couldn't finish the gig...
Lizzi

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:43 pm

Yeah, you're right. If they get wet their collars might fall down.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby Lmu Wanderer » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:16 pm

too__fierce wrote:leave moshing too the punk gigs.

The only difference between Punk gigs and Indie gigs is that Punk ones are more mental. There's still the pits and the crowd surfing, except its usually bigger and you come out a bit more injured.

I got hit on the head with a glass bottle, crowd surfed onto the stage and crushed at the front at Bromheads, but it was nothing compared to Pennywise.
Lmu Wanderer
Baby I'm Yours

Postby Lmu Wanderer » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:17 pm

too__fierce wrote:leave moshing too the punk gigs.

The only difference between Punk gigs and Indie gigs is that Punk ones are more mental. There's still the pits and the crowd surfing, except its usually bigger and you come out a bit more injured.

I got hit on the head with a glass bottle, crowd surfed onto the stage and crushed at the front at Bromheads, but it was nothing compared to Pennywise.
Lmu Wanderer
Baby I'm Yours

Postby Kiran » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:06 pm

well then people shudnt of been throwing bottles at them aniways-i mean if u wanna go to a gig u shud just go for the music if theyre luking for a fight go to a rave or some similar shit.- i dont think the monkeyys r arogant at all people just need to get thier proorities rite

note: i do like posting i dunno y it says that
some want to kiss some want to kick you
"that girl is an indie cindy-lego haircut & polkadot dress"
Kiran
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby EvolutioN » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:56 pm

I think it's got more to do with that the lads don't want to be electrocuted ;) I've seen it happen once before when my band was supporting this band called Sal. They were sound checking and some mic leads had got wet somehow. This big blue spark just flew out of the mic and this guy just landed on his back. He was fine though, a bit shook up but no injury luckily.
EvolutioN
Not to feel like a twat at times is hard

Next

Return to The Arctic Monkeys