Franz Ferdinand

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Franz Ferdinand

Postby dorkeemindee » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:52 am

Hmm...I can't seem to find the Franz Ferdinand thread anywhere! Hopefully I'm mistaken because I can't believe no one has made this thread yet!!! :shock:
dorkeemindee
Not to feel like a twat at times is hard

Postby Exclamation Marc » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:06 am

They've got better lyrics than the common man would think they do. Walk Away and The Fallen are so well written, and I absolutely love their songs. I'm gutted I didn't go for their concert here two months ago.
Exclamation Marc
Brianstorm

Postby dorkeemindee » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:17 am

Oh man, you REALLY missed out!!!!! I just went to their concert about three weeks ago for the first time and they are really great live performers! Walk Away is one of my favorites from YCHISMB as well. :D
dorkeemindee

Postby Lmu Wanderer » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:04 pm

Franz Ferdinand were average with the first album, now they just don't interest me at all.
Lmu Wanderer
Baby I'm Yours

Postby dorkeemindee » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:23 pm

They didn't interest me that much either, I just knew some of their songs that were on the radio...that is, until I went to their concert with my friend and I started listening to more of their songs. That's when I realized they actually bring a lot of personality and style into their music. You should try give them another chance Lmu Wanderer! :)
dorkeemindee

Postby limousine » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:40 pm

Lmu Wanderer wrote:Franz Ferdinand were average with the first album, now they just don't interest me at all.

Their first CD was good, but when I bought their next one... it just sucked. :?
limousine
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Postby dorkeemindee » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:39 am

Interesting! I liked their second better than their first. :P
dorkeemindee

Postby Makerette (numero uno) » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:18 am

Small world - The drummer in Reverend and The Makers goes out with the monitor engineer for Franz!

If any of you are from Sheffield you'll know that small world freaky stuff happens all the time here. It's the centre of the planet for it!!!!!!!
Makerette (numero uno)
Lurker

Postby Space Invader » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:05 pm

The first album - every song was just a classic, brilliant song. 10 out of 10, i loved the album and still do.

Second album - all the songs were good, better than quite alot of crap nowadays, but nowhere near the 1st album.

I love The Fallen and Walk Away tho very much so/....
Space Invader

Postby fredwau » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:43 pm

I discovered them with "Take Me Out" (as many of us I guess), bout 2 years ago in the Spring of 2004, they were a very good surprise! Then, we could say they almost saved the brit rock/pop, they had a big impact on music, I mean: they didnt play something really new but nobody else played this kinda music 2 years ago... I also liked their very first album.

But, when they released their 2nd one (in Sept 2005), everything was different, almost every brit band played this funny music, and as you know it, too much is too much. FF woulda been very clever to wait before releasing a 2nd album & keep on making gigs & gigs round the world. And then, they woulda taken their time to make another record very different from the 1rst one & so on...

Unfortunately, they just became one more band which plays this kinda music and I aint sure they can play other things (ie Alex Kapranos is very very limited with his voice), I don't really think they can write & play other kinda songs, but I may be wrong... Actually, they chose the easy way, and they'll probably win more money but is this really interesting on a musical point?
As you can understand it, I was really disappointed by their 2nd album.
I'm happy, hope you're happy too!
fredwau
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Postby Lizzi » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:59 pm

I dont have any of their albums... only few songs, but overall, i like them... i might go see them, but not for 40 bucks (that was the price for their gig here last saturday)... that being said, i'd rather listen to them than Jack Johnson or Coldplay.... or Blunt.... So they're ok to me
Lizzi

Postby Kiran » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:42 pm

Exclamation Marc wrote:They've got better lyrics than the common man would think they do. Walk Away and The Fallen are so well written, and I absolutely love their songs. I'm gutted I didn't go for their concert here two months ago.

rock on eclamation mark cundt of said it better, spech the common man bit- .People just sterotypicallise too much these days uh-uh-uh
some want to kiss some want to kick you
"that girl is an indie cindy-lego haircut & polkadot dress"
Kiran
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby Space Invader » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:55 pm

in one song they can go from

"Who gives a damn about the profits of tesco?!"

to

"The Fallen are the virtious among us, never judge us"

lol, pretty good me thinky

and also

"what's wrong with a little destruction"

is on posters all over Glasgow and it looks pretty good :P
Space Invader

Postby dorkeemindee » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:39 am

Lizzi wrote:I dont have any of their albums... only few songs, but overall, i like them... i might go see them, but not for 40 bucks (that was the price for their gig here last saturday)... that being said, i'd rather listen to them than Jack Johnson or Coldplay.... or Blunt.... So they're ok to me

Yeah, $40 is a little too expensive! WHere do you live Lizzi? I saw them a month ago for $30, and it was very well worth it. They are definately much better live performers than they are in recordings. :shock: :o

Anyway, I suggest you try buying one of their cds if you ever plan on seeing them (which I do suggest!) and try listening to their songs a bit. :D
dorkeemindee

Postby Lizzi » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:37 am

dorkeemindee wrote:
Lizzi wrote:I dont have any of their albums... only few songs, but overall, i like them... i might go see them, but not for 40 bucks (that was the price for their gig here last saturday)... that being said, i'd rather listen to them than Jack Johnson or Coldplay.... or Blunt.... So they're ok to me

Yeah, $40 is a little too expensive! WHere do you live Lizzi? I saw them a month ago for $30, and it was very well worth it. They are definately much better live performers than they are in recordings. :shock: :o

Anyway, I suggest you try buying one of their cds if you ever plan on seeing them (which I do suggest!) and try listening to their songs a bit. :D

Am from Québec City, but they stopped by Montréal and i have friends who saw them and loved it! Mind you, if i had had money i would have gone. And I will buy their cds when i will start working next week or so. Just bought the am one! lol!!! But yeah - i am sure they're pretty good! And next time they come i'll go see them.
Lizzi

Next

Return to Other bands...