Radiohead

Seen a new band lately and want to share in the delight of their musical expertise?

Have you heard of a band and want to know more info?

Have some information on a band that people should know? Yes! Then come on in my Monkey chum...

Moderator: Moderators

Radiohead

Postby irishscummyman » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:21 pm

Call them depressing, boring, shit (insert insulting remark here) but the fact is that they have recorded some of the greatest songs and albums ever. So what if they change their sound for nearly every album. Who wants to hear the same sound over and over again.(Kaiser Chiefs anyone?)
The Bends is a full on rock album that even some of my friends (yes surprisingly I do have some) who would usually onluy listen to the Metallica's and Trivium's of the world agree that the bends is a great rock album.
Ok Computer is another great album which consistently tops greatest album polls. Their debut studio album Pablo Honey is another mainly rock effort. However their mor recent albums Kid A and Hail to the Thief have strayed more into the electronic/progressive field.

Whether you love them (or like if love seems like such a strong word) or hate them (or dispise with a passion if hate is too strong) you have to respect them. Or do you? (fuck it I cant be arsed typing any more)
irishscummyman

Postby EvolutioN » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:37 pm

I think 'The Bends' is a quality album. 'OK Computer' was pretty good aswell. As for the other albums imo. they're not up to much.
EvolutioN
Not to feel like a twat at times is hard

Postby irishscummyman » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:38 pm

Theres one or two standouts on Pablo Honey namely Creep and Anyone can play guitar. I'd pretty much agree otherwise(with a few exceptions of course)
irishscummyman

Postby cuddles-in_the_kitchen » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:41 am

i kinda like kid a...its half and half for me:\
remember cuddles in the kitchen ya to get things off the ground!!
cuddles-in_the_kitchen
Not to feel like a twat at times is hard

Postby limousine » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:35 pm

A friend just gave my sis and I a crash-course in Radiohead these past two weeks. He lent us all of their albums and the only one I was really impressed with was "Hail to the Thief."

Although they were all pretty good, it's the only CD I ended up buying from them.
limousine
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Postby fredwau » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:15 pm

This band is one of the greatests ever, probably the best one from UK in these last 10 years (yep, they're even better than AMs).
Every album from "Pablo Honey" to "Hail To The Thief" is pure masterpiece, I almost cry every time I hear Thom Yorke sing (listen to 'I Will' on HTTT, you cannot feel nothing inside of you) ...

I defenitely love this band and I can't wait for their brand new album which will be released in late 2006/early 2007; it already sounds like a wonderful one!

:wink:
I'm happy, hope you're happy too!
fredwau
Regularly injects Arctic Monkeys

Postby vicky14 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:56 pm

their songs are masterpieces; one of the best bands ever. But thom yorke's album is crap unfortunately.
vicky14
Baby I'm Yours

Postby irishscummyman » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:18 pm

^yeah agreed
irishscummyman

Postby Merriadok » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:08 pm

can't agree that the eraser's crap!
it has lotsa thom's feelings! he's put his soul into it...

i love "true love waits" with all my heart! ;)

thom yorke for the president! :)
I'll be worse, but not like everyone!
Merriadok
Lurker

Postby Ritz-To-The-Riot » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:45 am

Hmmm...I really like The Bends, OK Computer is quite good. I only have a handful of songs from their other albums so it's hard to judge them. Not a huge fan of the Kid A stuff that I've heard cos it seems a bit too....not sure how to describe it. Anyway, I can almost guarantee if I listened to the whole Kid A album a lot of times I would like it. Idioteque is good after a few listens.

Although I'm am not their biggest fan, I have 100% respect for them. Very very talented indeed.
Ritz-To-The-Riot
Put your dukes up!

Return to Other bands...