New American Tour (UK complaint)

Been to a gig lately and want to tell the world!?
Then this is the place to post your pictures, videos and recordings to show the talents of the band.

Moderator: Moderators

New American Tour (UK complaint)

Postby andy_keir » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:43 am

So there is a new tour of the US but why have they decided to play even more US gigs. They have had an OK reception the 1st time but not unbelievable, i doubt it is gonna improve the 2nd time round, just be the same folk that went before probably.

there is only 1 gig in Scotland, Glasgow this friday and even though I am close to getting on guest list thru a friend of the band, it was near impossible to get a ticket unless u wanted to pay 60-70quid for one, which we shouldnt have to do!!! At least one more big gig on tour in Scotland and a few more down south would be a better way of the band to reward the fans!!

And before anyone points it out, I know they are playing T in the Park but those tickets are gold dust too
And how could you wake up,
With someone you don't love,
And not feel slightly phased by it?
andy_keir
Put your dukes up!

Postby Lizzi » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:10 am

I agree they maybe should have planned more gigs in the UK.

But (cos there had to be one) I don't feel bad about going to see them again. I am actually quite happy they are coming back since the first time i saw them, it's all just a blur to me and it wasn't that long ago. And for once, I can see a British band i like and twice in three months at that! It's just freaking cool!

As for the uk gigs... I really dunno what to say. If you feel like they should play there more, fair enough, but dont just blame it on the Us gigs... have you noticed that they are travelling the whole freaking world? And plus, traveling from one coast to the other here takes quite a while, esp if yer stopping for gigs, so i think its normal that they want as many ppl as possible to enjoy them touring the states, by doing loads of gigs!

I don't think you should worry about them forgetting about the UK. It's like most artists, they never forget where they are from... So no worries!!!
Lizzi

Postby Lmu Wanderer » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:27 pm

They're trying to win over the Americans whereas they've already cracked us lot.
Lmu Wanderer
Baby I'm Yours

Postby andy_keir » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:39 pm

yeah i know, but there is only one fuckin gig in Scotland....maybe they will do a mini tour in autumn (fall) of the UK
andy_keir
Put your dukes up!

Postby AlisonFasheeta » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:34 pm

True, it probably will be the same crowd, but why is that bad? You can most certainly get a new reception from the same crowd. Plus, they are going to different areas, so who knows.

I think it's nice, don't hog all your bands over there! Let them explore, we don't get nearly enough here.
AlisonFasheeta

Postby surrey_casual » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:38 pm

im with andy on this one, need to play more shoes on this side of the atlantic, what the fuck should they care, there millionares already!
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby andy_keir » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:41 pm

its probably the record companies call to be honest, makes business sense but feel a wee bit cheated that the US gets a massive tour and there aint many gigs here!! Oh well!!
andy_keir
Put your dukes up!

Postby surrey_casual » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:44 pm

mmmmmmm, lets not forget, arctic monkeys run that label not domino right?

alex got his sights on beatlemania?
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby arctic » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:12 am

lol yeah Scott.
I bet after this mayhem gigs they may fade away for a little while and then smash back with their new album?

I know it's fucking ages away but makes sense.
arctic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby andy_keir » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:40 am

yeah ur prob right...and they have been gigging with mainly the same material for what...2 years?
andy_keir
Put your dukes up!

Postby SMP » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:11 pm

Does the fact that the USA is about 50 times bigger than the UK not say anything to you? Each state in america is about the size of England, and you can bet they won't play in every state. If you're that much of a fan that you want to see them more than once it would be easy enough to stray over the border into murky England to go to another gig?
SMP
Not to feel like a twat at times is hard

Postby andy_keir » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:53 am

Thats a good point, but tickets are nearly impossible to get and I aint got floods of cash to splash about. I hope their next UK tour will be more adventurous and they will play bigger venues. I was quite pissed off at having one venue in scotland (except T) and it only hold about 2,000. Maybe next time they will go for 10-15,000.....maybe!!
andy_keir
Put your dukes up!

Postby Lizzi » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:34 am

andy_keir wrote:Thats a good point, but tickets are nearly impossible to get and I aint got floods of cash to splash about. I hope their next UK tour will be more adventurous and they will play bigger venues. I was quite pissed off at having one venue in scotland (except T) and it only hold about 2,000. Maybe next time they will go for 10-15,000.....maybe!!

They shouldn't play big venues, the feeling isn't the same.. tho they should play more than one night in the city... Like they could play 3 nights in a row in Glasgow or wherever, but stay in small venues... ye dont get the same ambiance in big venues.... no?
Lizzi

Return to Arctic Monkeys Gigs!