Danish fans!

Been to a gig lately and want to tell the world!?
Then this is the place to post your pictures, videos and recordings to show the talents of the band.

Moderator: Moderators

Danish fans!

Postby Linse » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:44 pm

Please go buy the tickets so that we can be a lot af REAL arctic monkeys fans!!!! :D
Linse
Lurker

Postby Sofie » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:33 pm

:D
Sofie
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby surrey_casual » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:16 pm

i hope you die en route to the gig
2005-3 2006-4 2007-3 2008-?

www.myspace.com/honeyfitsmusic

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual
He smiled in the fucking bakery!

Postby Sofie » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:22 pm

oh how nice of you
Sofie
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby irishscummyman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:22 pm

oh harsh
irishscummyman

Postby The french way » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:07 pm

surrey_casual wrote:i hope you die en route to the gig

woa i didnt know you could use that in english. Nice.
The french way
Brucey Wayne

Postby Sofie » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:09 pm

if i havn't posted anything in say three weeks after the concert, i'll be dead, and i will blame you for cursing me.
Sofie
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby arctic ana » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:30 pm

make him uncurse you!!!!

:milton:
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Postby surrey_casual » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:44 pm

well..........i cant make the gig, and copenhagen was so good last time i wanted to go again but cant.

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby Sofie » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:16 pm

well i understand you are upset. But at least you actually saw them play once before, i have never seen arctic monkeys play live.
Sofie
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby Sofie » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:18 pm

This is unbelievable. You can still get tickets. Kind of pisses me off. Not only because i queued for so long to get them, but also because they are preventing the english (and other foreign nationalities) arctic monkeys fans from getting the tickets, people who really want to go, and at the same time people who dont really care about seeing them can walk by coincidentally and buy tickets. For a gig they dont even care about it. Where is the justice? They decided on the tickets-can-only-be-bought-at-venue thing cos they didnt want the english fans to pinch all the tickets. But now that all the danes hav had their chances, they might as well sell them online. Thats my opinion anyway.
Sofie
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby surrey_casual » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:02 pm

Sofie wrote:This is unbelievable. You can still get tickets. Kind of pisses me off. Not only because i queued for so long to get them, but also because they are preventing the english (and other foreign nationalities) arctic monkeys fans from getting the tickets, people who really want to go, and at the same time people who dont really care about seeing them can walk by coincidentally and buy tickets. For a gig they dont even care about it. Where is the justice? They decided on the tickets-can-only-be-bought-at-venue thing cos they didnt want the english fans to pinch all the tickets. But now that all the danes hav had their chances, they might as well sell them online. Thats my opinion anyway.

pfffffffft. im boycotting denmark from now on for shunning the brits!

"waar de partij is"
surrey_casual

Postby Sofie » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:17 pm

wow :shock: last night was amaaazing. extraordinairy amazing.

ok, so this is what happened:
Me and my three mates met at Vega (the venue) at around half past six. The doors opened at 7 and we went into the hall where they were playing. We got ourselves a spot kind of in the middle of the room where you could actually see the stage (= the view wasnt blocked by tall people).
At 9 o'clock the support act, green concorde, went on stage, and they were alright but no one knew their songs, which btw in my opinion werent the best tunes i hav ever heard, so there was no dancing or singing along, just some clapping etc.
Then there was the break. And then... dadadada.... Arctic Monkeys went on stage!! Having never seen them before i couldnt believe they were actually right there in front of me. First they played This house is a circus and Balaclava (or whatever that song is called, strange title), but when they played I bet you look good on the dancefloor everyone went crazy jumping up and down getting very squashed. Then they played lots of other songs including fluorelescent adolescents, which i thought was brilliant, and alex did some speaking in between the songs. he had even learned how to say thank you in danish, very sweet :D
When they were done playing, people started to leave, but me and my friends decided to try to get hold of something from the stage. A really nice guy who worked at vega gave us a set list. We were just about to leave when a girl said 'who wants this drumstick' and we were like 'meee', so she gave it to us, very cool. 8)
Floating around in excitement we went outside. Then we just hung about for a while speaking to some amusing english guys, who were going on about the "meaning of matching drumsticks" cos they had the other one, and there was nearly no one left inside the venue. Also this guy from the monkeys' crew was really cool. We asked him if he knew where to get some water, and he was like one moment, and then he came back with four bottles of cold water. How very VIP. :D
Half an hour later we wre the only ones left besides four other people, and thats when the best part happened. Alex, jamie, Matt and Nick emerged from whereever they had been hiding, and we talked to them and got them to sign our tickets and jeans, and they were being so nice. And jamie had this bottle of beer that he gave us the rest just before going into the club where they were having an after-party thing. And then we went home and dreamt sweet dreams of arctic monkeys.
And that is the end of an extremely fangirly story telling about the happiest day of my life :D :wink:

Im going to post some pictures and maybe some film clips later on when i get them from my friend.
Sofie
I don't wear a Balaclava

Postby Linse » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:42 pm

Sofie wrote:wow :shock: last night was amaaazing. extraordinairy amazing.

ok, so this is what happened:
Me and my three mates met at Vega (the venue) at around half past six. The doors opened at 7 and we went into the hall where they were playing. We got ourselves a spot kind of in the middle of the room where you could actually see the stage (= the view wasnt blocked by tall people).
At 9 o'clock the support act, green concorde, went on stage, and they were alright but no one knew their songs, which btw in my opinion werent the best tunes i hav ever heard, so there was no dancing or singing along, just some clapping etc.
Then there was the break. And then... dadadada.... Arctic Monkeys went on stage!! Having never seen them before i couldnt believe they were actually right there in front of me. First they played This house is a circus and Balaclava (or whatever that song is called, strange title), but when they played I bet you look good on the dancefloor everyone went crazy jumping up and down getting very squashed. Then they played lots of other songs including fluorelescent adolescents, which i thought was brilliant, and alex did some speaking in between the songs. he had even learned how to say thank you in danish, very sweet :D
When they were done playing, people started to leave, but me and my friends decided to try to get hold of something from the stage. A really nice guy who worked at vega gave us a set list. We were just about to leave when a girl said 'who wants this drumstick' and we were like 'meee', so she gave it to us, very cool. 8)
Floating around in excitement we went outside. Then we just hung about for a while speaking to some amusing english guys, who were going on about the "meaning of matching drumsticks" cos they had the other one, and there was nearly no one left inside the venue. Also this guy from the monkeys' crew was really cool. We asked him if he knew where to get some water, and he was like one moment, and then he came back with four bottles of cold water. How very VIP. :D
Half an hour later we wre the only ones left besides four other people, and thats when the best part happened. Alex, jamie, Matt and Nick emerged from whereever they had been hiding, and we talked to them and got them to sign our tickets and jeans, and they were being so nice. And jamie had this bottle of beer that he gave us the rest just before going into the club where they were having an after-party thing. And then we went home and dreamt sweet dreams of arctic monkeys.
And that is the end of an extremely fangirly story telling about the happiest day of my life :D :wink:

Im going to post some pictures and maybe some film clips later on when i get them from my friend.

It was an amazing evening and night! We met them, they signed tickets, jeans, arms, everything :D and i spoke to alex, he TOUCHED my cheek and my hands, i was just like "WOOUW" and the security carried him away :D

-i will send the pictures as soon as possible sofie :D
Linse
Lurker

Postby arctic ana » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:05 am

:o wow,that's so amazing!!!i'm so happy for you that you got to talk to them and everything! :D the story is really great,i wish it could all happen to me one day... :(
anyway,hope to see the pics soon! :wink:
arctic ana
Da Frame 2R

Next

Return to Arctic Monkeys Gigs!